PDA

View Full Version : Letter to me from CBN editor about Robertson

Ridiculous
11-08-2007, 08:14 AM
The below is from David Brody a CBN editor who often writes favorably about Paul, (I like his column for perspective although I am no fundamentalist Christian). I wrote him asking why Robertson would endorse a Pro-Choice candidate.

His interview with Paul: http://www.cbn.com/CBNnews/164193.aspx

His letter to me:

I realize you may have a lot of questions about today.. first, here is the CBN statement regarding today's development that is up on CBNNews.com and The Brody File

“Pat Robertson as a private citizen has recently endorsed a candidate for public office. As a private citizen he has the right to participate in the political process, and is entitled to express his personal views. CBN, as a public charity, does not support or oppose any candidate for public office, and as a result will not address or comment further on this matter.”

Please pay particular attention to that last sentence and its implication regarding non-profits, their tax exempt status and the IRS.

It’s been a long day. I’ve been in the road in Iowa where I got a sit down one on one interview with Barack Obama Wednesday, the same day this happened. I’m now back in DC traveling all day.

I hope you keep reading

David Brody

ButchHowdy
11-08-2007, 08:36 AM
I don't understand it . . . Is Brody like throwing us a bone, to focus on the 501c3 thing?

Religionists have been allied with politicians for centuries and no one seems to challenge the distinction between a private citizen and being the owner of an influential religious entity.

Even Rush recently used the 'private citizen' defense, I think with this 'phony soldier' comment.

I suppose before Bush rounds up all our lawyers into FEMA camps (awwww!), we ought to have some look into this!

shepburn
11-08-2007, 08:47 AM
at first i despised how Brody treated Ron Paul. But of late he has been much more fair to both Ron Paul and us supporters.

But Pat Robertson is simply a lost cause. He is a NeoCon ahead of being a Christian and American. This is not news to us serious Christians.

As far as I am concerned he belongs in the same group as Hannity, Kistol, and Cheney.

Mark
11-08-2007, 09:29 AM

That's why MY 10 year old tax-exempt (NC ~ non-501-c)

non-profit Religious Organization is NOT 501-C

no Fed restrictions..

I can shout VOTE FOR RON PAUL all day.. quite legally

with no fear of losing some kind of "Fed Benefits"..

I don't have any to begin with.. (or restrictions of course) :)