PDA

View Full Version : Assistance with a small write up on the DOE and Ron Paul

Miles Dunn
12-19-2011, 09:55 AM
MOD: if this is the wrong forum place, I'm sorry and if you could move it to the right place I would appreciate it.

First things first, I'm not good at writing or expressing my self, and I don't think I have ever wrote a real essay before in my life to be honest. I grew up in a small town in Arizona where people in High School had to wear velcro shoes because they still did not know how to tie their own shoes. I have a teacher friend who is scared of Ron Paul, and wants to support Obama because Education is the most important topic to her, and she feels Obama and Education are a safe bet because he wants to grow the DOE.

Like most people, she really does not understand what the DOE is and it's functions. I wrote this to her on my Facebook and it received a lot more attention then I figured it possibly could and it actually turned a few people to Ron Paul, I wrote this up rather quick and did not do complete fact checking, but I'm confident most of it is correct. I tried to search for a source I could just link to her, but I was not able to find anything so I tried to do it my self, short so people will read it and to the point.

I feel bad if some of this stuff is wrong and my Facebook people are repeating it or possibly submitting it with my name on it, I don't really care if I look like a moron, but I care if they do. I also think something like this, small, and to the point, would be nice to have around when this topic comes up again, it's a very important topic for a lot of people.

So, can you offer some help to rebuild this, but correct? or at least if someone else already did one that has the same gist if you could share the link, I would love it. Criticism does not bother me, so bash away if need be! got to learn one way or the other.

Most importantly, the Department of Education is not Constitutional, there is no authority for it. It was also created as a political payoff to the Teachers Union under Jimmy Carter for their endorsement on his Presidential bid. It has cost the Tax payers in this country almost $2,000,000,000,000 (2 trillion, I like the drama of all those zeros) and has left America almost dead last when it comes to education in the Western World.

The DOE (Department of Education) takes the Tax Revenue for education from the States and then decides how much to give back and what stipulations would be involved. They also have caused the massive cost of higher education with their loan programs. From my understanding 30 years ago (before the DOE) you were able to work part time and with that income pay for school and a place to live, along with the necessities.

Ron Paul wants to pull the Federal Government out of our education system and allow the states at the local level (Teachers and Parents) to control the education of their children. At the local level there is way more control over what is going on in your life. Dismantling the DOE will also rid us of the awful No Child Left Behind program that our wonderful thankfully previous President George W. Bush implemented, it’s devastating young people across America by forcing them forward ,causing teachers to struggle with students in their class who are not at the same level slowing down progress.

The only thing I am aware of that he wants to do with the education system is institute a tax credit to parents who Home School, and protect the right for parents who opt out of the system if they so choose to. I think tax payers pay something like $6000+ for each student a year in public schools while Home Schooled students only cost about $1000 a year and most probably have a massively higher college success rate. I am not sure what goes on in the background with teachers concerning the DOE, from what I gather there is a lot of paper work involved that take up time among other burdens.

Acala
12-19-2011, 10:18 AM
You might use "No Child Left Behind" as an example. Most teachers hate it as all it did from their perspective is add a pile of paperwork to their job. Ron Paul would eliminate "No Child Left Behind" and return the money to the local level.