PDA

View Full Version : Here's how to win the nomination.

RonRules
12-19-2011, 08:23 AM
It's all about Florida and it's large number of delegates. It's an early state and that's how Obama got his momentum.

Ron needs to declare a VP early.

Read this if you want to understand my approach:
http://news.yahoo.com/why-2012-election-could-come-down-florida-170426017.html

"Hispanics still voted Democratic nationally, but in Florida they went Republican, favoring Rick Scott for governor and the Cuban-American Marco Rubio for Senate. The difference: the state's substantial Cuban-American population, whose older community in particular tilts Republican and votes reliably."

With Marco Rubio as a VP, we could get Florida and a large number of Hispanics cross-overs in many other states.

Rubio is ambitious and he would probably accept.

Prove me wrong.

bluesc
12-19-2011, 08:26 AM
I'd say it's very unlikely that we'll win Florida without winning SC, which is also very unlikely unless we win NH, which is also unlikely unless we win Iowa.

Iowa is the focus right now. NH next.

CaptUSA
12-19-2011, 08:27 AM
It's debatable whether or not that is illegal under current laws. Regardless, it is considered extremely bad form.

While, politically, Rubio may be a good choice, he can't do it now. We have to win the primary on our own. It takes hard work and there will be no short-cuts.

RonRules
12-19-2011, 08:34 AM
I didn't say to do it right now. The best time would be after a strong showing in NH, right before SC.

Rubio as a VP also has the benefit of helping us win against Obama. Hispanics don't care for Obama and will cross-over en-masse for Rubio.

LibertyEagle
12-19-2011, 08:37 AM
Rubio is an Aspen Institute globalist. No thanks.

bluesc
12-19-2011, 08:37 AM
I didn't say to do it right now. The best time would be after a strong showing in NH, right before SC.

Rubio as a VP also has the benefit of helping us win against Obama. Hispanics don't care for Obama and will cross-over en-masse for Rubio.

Why would the establishment hack Rubio help Ron win the nomination?

squirekyle
12-19-2011, 08:39 AM

Yeah, I don't trust Rubio. Not anymore.

RonRules
12-19-2011, 08:39 AM
"considered extremely bad form"
I think it much more honest and up front. What if you vote in the primaries for a particular candidate and he/she ends up choosing your worst nightmare for VP.

Wouldn't you rather know early?

LibertyEagle
12-19-2011, 08:40 AM
Dr. Paul isn't going to choose some establishment tool. You should know better.

RonRules
12-19-2011, 08:41 AM

I'm for global trade. That the best path to peace and prosperity.

LibertyEagle
12-19-2011, 08:46 AM
I'm for global trade. That the best path to peace and prosperity.

Ugh. When most people around here say "globalist", they are talking about those who are eager to hand over more of America's sovereignty to world-ruling bodies. Think, Brzezinski, Rockefeller, Peterson, etc.

We can trade with every country on the planet, without giving up one ounce of our national sovereignty.

KingNothing
12-19-2011, 08:47 AM
Rubio would be a great VP, politically. But there is absolutely no chance in hell he will back Paul. Many months ago I predicted a Romney-Rubio ticket. It wouldn't surprise me if, as this process drags on and Mittens begins to feel threatened by Paul after Super Tuesday, he and Rubio team together.

It'll be very interesting to see how this shakes out.

Carole
12-19-2011, 08:52 AM
Marco Rubio is a neocon RINO. HE would be a terrible choice.

RonRules
12-19-2011, 09:02 AM
Rubio would not be running the county, just like Joe Biden is not running the country. I would certainly prefer Rubio to Obama, if something were to happen to Ron.
Also, although it would be nice, you're not going to get Ron and Rand together on the same ticket.
You may want your fairy-tale ticket, but a Paul-Rubio ticket will win this election and be what most of us want.

ross11988
12-19-2011, 09:11 AM
Govenor Fortuna of PR is better

specsaregood
12-19-2011, 09:11 AM
Dr. Paul would sooner pick me as VP than Rubio. LOL. Dude didn't work all these years just to hand the future over to the people he has been fighting against. Do you know nothing about Rubio?

Krugerrand
12-19-2011, 09:15 AM
John Mackey is basically waiting to be asked:

"I am now 53 years old (2006) and I have reached a place in my life where I no longer want to work for money, but simply for the joy of the work itself and to better answer the call to service that I feel so clearly in my own heart."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Mackey_%28businessman%29

Carole
12-19-2011, 09:24 AM
Marco Rubio:

National Defense Authorization Act spurs uprising from left and right on detainee provisions
http://www.tampabay.com/news/military/war/national-defense-authorization-act-spurs-uprising-from-left-and-right-on/1205269

WASHINGTON — In Florida, Sen. Marco Rubio has been attacked as a "traitor." In Arizona, tea party members protested against Sen. John McCain. In Utah, Occupy demonstrators donned black hoods to stand against "radical and uncalled for constraints on our constitutional rights."
The uprising is directed at provisions of the 2012 National Defense Authorization Act, approved by the Senate last week, that would require the military to arrest terrorist suspects in the United States and detain them indefinitely without trial.
The intensity of the debate — from the left and right, primarily about how the law could affect U.S. citizens — underscores how the country is still struggling with profound changes brought by the 9/11 attacks a decade ago.
And it raises fundamental questions about the freedoms that are at the core of the nation, chiefly a right to due process, and whether they apply to the evolving battle lines.

Despite White House objections, the Senate approved the defense bill by a 93-7 vote Dec. 1.
The approval has triggered fears across the Internet, from concern about innocent Americans being snared to more extreme views of a military state.
"Sen. Rubio, you might want to sit down with your older relatives who fled Cuba and ask them why they left," Erica Cirillo wrote on Facebook, one of several comments. "Could it be that they saw friends and family being detained indefinitely without trials? That innocent people were being grabbed in the street and labeled 'enemies of the state' for no reason? Shame on you, senator."
The blowback was so intense that Rubio, a freshman Republican, wrote a two-page letter explaining his support for the legislation and countering assertions that the military would supplant typical law enforcement activities. "This bill does NOT overturn the Posse Comitatus Act; the military will not be patrolling the streets," Rubio wrote.

ross11988
12-19-2011, 09:26 AM
Luis Fortuno is better:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gcExoF_qTo

Carole
12-19-2011, 09:27 AM
Rubio would not be running the county, just like Joe Biden is not running the country. I would certainly prefer Rubio to Obama, if something were to happen to Ron.
Also, although it would be nice, you're not going to get Ron and Rand together on the same ticket.
You may want your fairy-tale ticket, but a Paul-Rubio ticket will win this election and be what most of us want.

Marco Rubio would be running the country if something happened to our president.

All that people have worked for to return to the Constitution would go down the drain.

libertyfanatic
12-19-2011, 09:33 AM
If Ron picks Rubio, Ron won't be alive to walk into the White House