PDA

View Full Version : Infomercial Idea? Could we?

Hurricane Bruiser
11-08-2007, 08:09 AM
Walt Thiessen wrote an article http://www.nolanchart.com/article274.html describing why he thinks Ron Paul should do an infomercial. Now I don't know if the campaign HQ really would do it or not, but it sounds like a good idea. Since we can't count on them, perhaps we could do the following:

1. Make a high quality 30 minute DVD of some of Ron Paul's speeches and pull out sections on different policy areas that look the best. Perhaps this has already been done to a certain degree.
2. Mass produce these DVDs and place on them a professional looking cover.
3. Mail them out to people in early primary states.

It might cost more to do that then airing the same information on TV a few times. I don't know. If it is on TV then it adds credibility.

Just an idea I'd throw out there.

piotr1
11-08-2007, 08:13 AM
I think a late night infomercial would be great! They are cheap and you get a lot of time to get people to understand whats going on. 8) If people are able to be suckered into buying all that junk they buy late at night, it should be easy to wake up them up the truth!

Nefertiti
11-08-2007, 08:19 AM
Some talked recently here about cable access television. That would cost less.

shepburn
11-08-2007, 08:38 AM
this article was simple outstanding.

those Nolan Charts guys are spot on!

Pauls positions are so freakin' different then typical people can quickly grasp, that I'm convinced that an informercial is the only way to go.

coboman
11-11-2007, 10:50 PM
An informercial is a great idea, but it must be not only about Ron Paul, but about the passion of his followers.

An infomercial including edited versions of supporter's video like "A new hope", would convert anyone.

It is about bringing YouTube to the TV!

I vote for someone (a mod, maybe) to create a thread where we can all suggest the videos and phrases that converted us, so that the most popular can be included in the infomercial.

For me the first was Ron Paul Courageously Speaks the Truth (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7d_e9lrcZ8)

And another great one is (although I would take out the tasered guy) : A new Hope (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FG2PUZoukfA)

coboman
11-26-2007, 03:03 AM
bump.

Man from La Mancha
11-26-2007, 03:06 AM
Great idea!!! Any young bloods want to take this up?

drexhex
11-26-2007, 03:20 AM
I'm going to go to my college's (Drexel) tv station to see what it takes to get an hour or so at night or early morning. Sure, it may not reach many people, but who knows - the media might pick up on it (am I being too optimistic?).

coboman
11-26-2007, 03:34 AM
it may not reach many people, but who knows - the media might pick up on it (am I being too optimistic?).

The wonderful part of the infomercial is that is lets you know the effectiveness of it in real time.
Unlike radio, newspaper or TV spots, an infomercial asks for people to act now!

So, I suggest asking for people to donate to a telephone number that HQ will have open for that infomercial, and check the results.

If the results are bad, you change the infomercial, until the results are good.

Eric21ND
11-26-2007, 03:40 AM
I think the "infomercial" should be filmed so it gives a documentary feel to the Ron Paul campaign. He has an incredible bio and we should use it to our advantage. Start with him growing up on a farm and his military service, then his medical practice...maybe interview some people he delivered and that support him.

We could produce several high quality infomercials that first introduce Dr. Paul to everyone and then we could go into the incredible supporters he has and the support of veterans, then we could devout one segment to his policy and ideas for the country.

coboman
11-26-2007, 03:46 AM
Don't forget the potential to bring NEW donors on the spot.

An infomercial can be easily be seen by 100,000 people. If the infomercial is half as good as most youTube videos out there, you could convince people to donate on the spot.

With Ron Paul's message, I think that a 10% people deciding to donate $25 would be a very conservative estimate.

That's $250,000 per show, $1,000,000 a week.

There is no other better way to measure the success of a campaign, and to fuel the campaign immediately.

coboman
11-27-2007, 08:00 AM
Someone must take this idea seriously and run with it.

1) Ron Paul's ideas take time to explain and digest, 60 second TV spots are not useful here.
2) Infomercials can be seen by anyone with a TV.
3) It can include testimonials of people like you, with a great story to tell.
4) It can reach the people that currently know only about the candidates through MSM.
5) An infomercial can ask for contributions on the spot, making it easy to measure its effectiveness, and also help to make it pay for itself.
6) People can donate via telephone (which would reach a larger amount of people than the internet)

Pharoah
11-27-2007, 09:25 AM
I posted this in another thread, but it seems to fit in here as well:

Do you find there's no time to exercize your liberties? Is the weight of bureaucracy robbing you of energy? "The Ron Paul Freedom-Flex(tm)" is a total workout for your constitutional rights.

Plus! If you're among the first 300 million Americans to order "The Ron Paul Freedom Flex (tm)" you'll receive a FREE society!