PDA

View Full Version : “What are your thoughts on the redistribution of wealth?”

Travlyr
12-19-2011, 08:20 AM
Good article... good question. -- Hat tip to a New Member --

Wanna See a Neoconservative Dance in Circles? Ask Them This Question
http://dailypolicyjournal.com/2011/12/15/wanna-see-a-neoconservative-dance-in-circles-ask-them-this-question/

From the article,

One way to help these lay neocons “see the light” is to force them to confront how incompatible are their views on two primary neocon “convictions”: their (supposed) antipathy towards the redistribution of wealth, versus the interventionist, globe-trotting foreign policies they espouse. This is easily done by asking two simple questions. Your role, then, once you’ve asked them, is merely to moderate the fight that the neocon will invariably have with him/herself as a result of his/her initial, predictable answer. The initial question is this:

“What are your thoughts on the redistribution of wealth?”

“how is it that you support redistribution of wealth to finance the foreign policy you espouse?”

LibertyEagle
12-19-2011, 08:28 AM
They'll just say a legitimate function of our federal government is to provide national defense and that is what they are doing in the Middle East.

Travlyr
12-19-2011, 08:31 AM
Probably so, but still it gets them to think about their position.

oyarde
12-19-2011, 12:13 PM
My thoughts ? mark me down as a non participant , I wish to opt out of anyone disributing the fruits of my labor .

apex
12-19-2011, 12:38 PM
I dont get it. How is the government redistributing wealth by financing foreign policy?