PDA

View Full Version : Letter to me from CBN editor about Robertson

Ridiculous
11-08-2007, 08:03 AM
Edit: whoops I put I didn't mean to put this here.....

The below is from David Brody a CBN editor who often writes favorably about Paul, (I like his column for perspective although I am no fundamentalist Christian)

His interview with Paul: http://www.cbn.com/CBNnews/164193.aspx

His letter to me:

I realize you may have a lot of questions about today.. first, here is the CBN statement regarding today's development that is up on CBNNews.com and The Brody File

“Pat Robertson as a private citizen has recently endorsed a candidate for public office. As a private citizen he has the right to participate in the political process, and is entitled to express his personal views. CBN, as a public charity, does not support or oppose any candidate for public office, and as a result will not address or comment further on this matter.”

Please pay particular attention to that last sentence and its implication regarding non-profits, their tax exempt status and the IRS.

It’s been a long day. I’ve been in the road in Iowa where I got a sit down one on one interview with Barack Obama Wednesday, the same day this happened. I’m now back in DC traveling all day.

I hope you keep reading

David Brody

Heather in WI
11-08-2007, 05:26 PM
Robertson is a nutjob. He said that 9/11 was God's punishment on the USA for abortion. Now he endorses the most socially liberal Republican candidate.
~Heather

kylejack
11-08-2007, 05:31 PM
I like Brody. He's such a swell fellow.

I Am Weasel
11-08-2007, 06:29 PM
If it's his own personal prerogative to support Rudy boy, then why don't they keep his personal choice private instead of flaunting it?

alien
11-08-2007, 07:31 PM
Prochoice Christian - what a hypocrite

weatherbill
11-09-2007, 08:47 PM
I have a powerful Ron Paul flyer for flyering church parking lots...pm me your email to get it.

yaz
11-09-2007, 11:05 PM
That's obviously a mass email they send out because someone else on this radio program earlier said he received the same email. Here's the thread with the video link. We talked about Pat Robertson a bit.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=34653

BillyDkid
11-11-2007, 11:27 AM
Robertson is a nutjob. He said that 9/11 was God's punishment on the USA for abortion. Now he endorses the most socially liberal Republican candidate.
~HeatherAnd who can forget him laying his hands on stacks of letters and saying "There's woman in Washington with a tumor on the liver and God is destroying that tumor right now." and going on the air and claiming (as they all do) that giving him money is giving money to God and then when he runs for President he claims he's not a preacher, but a businessman. I guess, really, there was more truth to that, in the worst sense of the term, that I realized.

Matt Collins
11-11-2007, 04:42 PM
Yeah - I got the same form letter too.

joelfarm
11-12-2007, 07:08 PM
How Robertson can keep preaching to his flock about the evils of abortion, his fear of homsexuality, to claim a support for the 2nd admendment and the continued erosion of personal rights to the state at the same time he believes Giuliani should be our Nation's president is the most extraoridinary hypocracy ever!!
Today it came out that the National Right to Life commitee supports Thompson. I can expect a single-issue entity backing one or another candidate, but the Robertson belief system is sooo diferent from what Giuliani has done and believes in, a week later and I still do not believe it happened.