PDA

View Full Version : Media blackout reconsidered

febo
12-19-2011, 04:32 AM
The other big news of the day is perfect for burying bad polls. Huff Post is blanking it completely right now. On the front page, below the Il items, there's a picture of Gingrich above the headline "Newt Gingrich's Fall Has Some Conservatives Rethinking Their Choice" - aka - Gingrich falls to third, behind Romney, up one.

But as of today, we know the media blackout is failing.
In fact, maybe we should give a lot more credit to parts of the media. Judge Napolitano has been stellar and people like Cavuto, with his perfectly pitched neutrality have maybe helped build that crucial bridge to the (former) 85%. One even coined the phrase "The age of Ron Paul" - that's quite something from Fox .. or is there now a single "Fox"? I think there are at least 2.
One even admires the inner-wars people like Hannity seem to be willing to fight with themselves and with Paul in order to properly engage with Paul's message,
On the flip side there's the big guns of liberal media, whose perfomance ref Paul has been reekingly-hypocritical and deeply, betrayingly dishonest. I always assumed, in my facile liberal way, that the The Guardian for instance, would always cover a story like Paul's - it's so unique and personal, yet also archetypal, the guy is so nice yet difficult, it is perfect for article writing if you think about it. But the actuality is shockingly repressive, leading me to conclude there exists a liberal fascist Anglo-American sub-state just as dangerous as the neocons.
This liberal fascist substate, for example, got the Huffington Post to sell-out to it at the beginning of the campaign. This was the AOL deal. Abrupty, Arianna Huffington completely forgot how much she has agreed with Paul on issues and has never appeared with him on TV or spoken about him again. Likewise, the HuffPost has blatantly blanked Ron Paul. Much much more than Fox ever did.
And yet, again, in corners of the HuffPost there's a small number of writers who want to talk about Paul, and they also have made great contributions with ideas like Blue Republican.

So one might argue that the media itself is beginning to split.

back2basics
12-19-2011, 05:10 AM
this does sound like a great hypothesis. such an interesting time ahead

Aratus
12-19-2011, 05:51 AM
its 6:50-- i'm in the boston area and the PPP poll
with Ron Paul at 23% was part of the news cycle!

hazek
12-19-2011, 06:02 AM
I disagree. Do nothing less than follow the money.

Fact: The status quo owns the media propaganda machine..

..and it will ensure our views and our cause always get either ignored or attacked. Please understand that until this fact changes, until the status quo owns the media propaganda machine NOTHING will change.

Also the few good interviews we do get is but a drop in a sea of 24/7 propaganda which you may not perceive as such because we gather all the interviews and coverage we get and post it online. But rest assured the average viewer is still primarily exposed to nothing but their propaganda.

hazek
12-19-2011, 06:03 AM
its 6:50-- i'm in the boston area and the PPP poll
with Ron Paul at 23% was part of the news cycle!

Yea? What did you see/hear and where?

MsDoodahs
12-19-2011, 06:29 AM
Morning joe discussion ongoing as I type this....they're pumping Bachman, headline reads "no clear frontrunner," they're discussing who has money and as of yet have not breathed the words Ron Paul.

lol......

Ron scares the crap out of them and the Faux crowd.

eta: segment ended without a single mention of Ron Paul.

hazek
12-19-2011, 06:35 AM
Case in point of what I posted above.

Morning joe discussion ongoing as I type this....they're pumping Bachman, headline reads "no clear frontrunner," they're discussing who has money and as of yet have not breathed the words Ron Paul.

lol......

speciallyblend
12-19-2011, 06:36 AM
nothing on msnbc this morning anyone else? msnbc morning headlines ,no clear front runner, bachmann moves up. not one mention of ron paul except bachmann attacking him but then nothing on rp! msnbc blacking out reality now.

dfalken
12-19-2011, 06:36 AM
Good thing is they don't like Romney so they will try to pump each and everyone of the other clowns which will help keep the vote divided. Having Romney be the competition is probably better than any of the other clowns who the neocons could rally behind. We have to keep fighting really hard and we can win this thing. South Carolina and Florida are most likely going to pull some wind out of our sails and give the media tons to talk about but we have to batten down the hatches and prepare for the fight beyond those states.

speciallyblend
12-19-2011, 06:37 AM

lol......

i just saw this, craziness. They are flat out lying! They are gonna pimp bachmann before they tell the truth on ron paul! We have to win iowa and nh period!

opinionatedfool
12-19-2011, 06:40 AM

lol......

That's fine. We'll win this thing without them.

Ron Paul 2012!

RonRules
12-19-2011, 06:42 AM
Nothing on the CNN Politics page: hxxp://www.cnn.com/POLITICS/

That's simply amazing. There is nothing on that politics page that more important than Paul's lead over everyone else, yet Paul's name is nowhere.

It's actually pretty scary. Maybe this IS an invisible hand out there.

Aratus
12-19-2011, 06:43 AM
i'm looking at NBC on channel 7

and Dr. Ron's new poll results

were gone into at 6:50 a.m

MsDoodahs
12-19-2011, 06:45 AM
This is exactly why the mainstream television news is dying.

The internet allows people to get the truth that the idiotbox has kept americans from hearing for decades.

It's also exactly why the rulers of the country want to control/kill the internet.

dfalken
12-19-2011, 06:45 AM
Nothing on the CNN Politics page: hxxp://www.cnn.com/POLITICS/

That's simply amazing. There is nothing on that politics page that more important than Paul's lead over everyone else, yet Paul's name is nowhere.

And not a single article on Fox News page either. Maybe it is best to have the media quiet for now not knowing what to do. Then we win Iowa which has to be reported (but of course it will come with attacks telling us how Iowa doesn't matter or whatever) but at that point people will have to start paying attention. I really think we need to win both Iowa and NH and then the media is going to like like a bunch of idiots when they keep trying to minimize or slander Dr Paul.

hazek
12-19-2011, 06:46 AM

It's not a conspiracy when you can clearly see who signs their paychecks... When will we wake up to this fact?

speciallyblend
12-19-2011, 06:50 AM
It's not a conspiracy when you can clearly see who signs their paychecks... When will we wake up to this fact?

I would think if they are in rpf they are awake or waking up!

Dantech
12-19-2011, 06:51 AM
We the people are the media... and we are now in 1rst place. :)

hazek
12-19-2011, 06:54 AM
I would think if they are in rpf they are awake or waking up!

I'd say at the most around maybe 15% of rpf members truly understand how important and influential of an enemy the media propaganda machine is and why it is a propaganda machine.

febo
12-19-2011, 06:57 AM
I'm looking at Truthdig and RP is not mentioned.
Now that's very odd because only this week on the podcast Left Right and Center, Robert Scheer - proprietor of Truthdig - did not hold back his (apparent) delight about RP moving to 2nd in the polls.

Not only thing but ref Kim Jong Il, Truthdig is using that puppet's image - very disrespectful, almost inflammatory. Signs of schizophrenia in the ranks or maybe another heart attack.

MsDoodahs
12-19-2011, 07:17 AM
I honestly believe the goal of the entire elite is to see a second Obama term, and they know that the only GOPer who can beat BOzo is Ron, so they'll do whatever it takes to keep RP down.

slamhead
12-19-2011, 07:32 AM
Like the establishment ignores our own CIA and the 9/11 commission report when it comes to terrorism. They want to ignore why we are so passionate about the good doctor. To paraphrase RP from one of the debates. They do this at their own peril. Let them ignore us. It will be more of a blow to their credibility when Ron Paul wins.

papitosabe
12-19-2011, 07:43 AM
i've seen you guys send mass emails regarding certain issues, stories, etc... have y'all ever sent mass emails to Jon Stewarts show?

I know media covers up info, manipulates it, blacks it out, but man, this is just too much. We just need to email blast all these stations (in a nice way) and get that exposure.

papitosabe
12-19-2011, 07:47 AM
Like the establishment ignores our own CIA and the 9/11 commission report when it comes to terrorism. They want to ignore why we are so passionate about the good doctor. To paraphrase RP from one of the debates. They do this at their own peril. Let them ignore us. It will be more of a blow to their credibility when Ron Paul wins.

since they were probably involved in one way or another, it makes sense they ignore the CIA, commission report, engineers, eyewitness, facts, and the truth.

febo
12-19-2011, 08:10 AM
I honestly believe the goal of the entire elite is to see a second Obama term, and they know that the only GOPer who can beat BOzo is Ron, so they'll do whatever it takes to keep RP down.

That makes sense - then they can tell us we knew exactly what we were going to get. I feel sick.