PDA

View Full Version : Newt SC RCP avg: 41%

Agorism
12-19-2011, 01:15 AM
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2012/president/sc/south_carolina_republican_presidential_primary-1590.html

That anti-Newt ad would not have been a bad idea for this state.

coastie
12-19-2011, 01:16 AM
Come to think of it, every person I ever met from there(only 5-6 off top of my head), were totally dumb enough to vote for Newt.

That ,obviously, is not a representative sample, just saying.:p

CUnknown
12-19-2011, 01:17 AM
Let him. It will only make Ron's main competition (Romney) look worse. What we -don't- want is for Romney to win NH and SC.

rich34
12-19-2011, 01:19 AM
Wait till the ad runs.. We need one for Mitt also.

Karsten
12-19-2011, 01:21 AM
I say it's better to hold Iowa, secure a FIRST in NH, rather than 2nd -- and let SC and FL go.
Iowa and New Hampshire.
Then come back with a win in Nevada.

parocks
12-19-2011, 01:21 AM
Those are all old polls, Newt is probably not way up there any more. I'd be interested in seeing where Gingrich is. Very poor showings in Iowa and New Hampshire would likely have negative effects on South Carolina. What then?

realtonygoodwin
12-19-2011, 01:24 AM
SC is a must win, and thankfully the campaign agrees with that. An Iowa victory and a strong 2nd in NH would help position us for victory in SC.

South Park Fan
12-19-2011, 01:25 AM
Newt's campaign will be DOA by the time SC comes along. Romney and Perry will most likely be our primary obstacles in SC.

coastie
12-19-2011, 01:26 AM
I say it's better to hold Iowa, secure a FIRST in NH, rather than 2nd -- and let SC and FL go.
Iowa and New Hampshire.
Then come back with a win in Nevada.

Hmmm...are you saying I (and anyone else in Florida) should just "let it go"?

After converting:

One(possibly 3) professor(s)
AT LEAST 60 students this semester

5 out 20 houses in my neighborhood sporting RP signs-and MANY more waiting on IA/NH results.

Should I quit now?

Fredom101
12-19-2011, 01:31 AM
Nobody should quit, but, RP really does need to go back to back and win Iowa and NH. SC I truly believe is a lost cause. FL is REALLY tough. I would bet money that Newt wins SC and Romney takes FL. But, that's not bad. Newt is already finished and after FL, RP is up 2-1 on Mitt and Nevada will be a BATTLE!

Okie RP fan
12-19-2011, 01:33 AM
Iowa and New Hampshire first. From there, if we win or at least place second in New Hampshire, we can use momentum to further the campaign.

South Carolina is being used as the bastion of the neocons, and in all reality, Ron may not stand a very good chance in that state. At least, from the way things are shaping up so far.

Steppenwolf6
12-19-2011, 01:44 AM
Newt WAS misteriously strong in the South.
Well..he is a southerner and they see him as the alternative to the mostly hated Romney.

But..come on now..the poll is old ,what's the point of bringing it up?
I think everyone here perceives and understands that Gingrich numbers are going down.
next S.C. poll will probably be at 30%.IF that much.

Okie RP fan
12-19-2011, 01:51 AM
It doesn't help that their "Tea Party" governor endorsed Romney, either. The place is meant to be the stepping stone for the establishment candidate.

Karsten
12-19-2011, 01:56 AM
Iowa and New Hampshire WIN (which is possible with complete focus on them by the grassroots and campaign) would be greater than the uphill battle in SC and FL.
I say let the excitement from a win in IA and NH be the advertising for SC.
You guys completely underestimate the bump we would get from a IA and NH win.

PaleoPaul
12-19-2011, 01:58 AM
Mark Sanford, who was Governor of SC in 2008, endorsed John McCain. And McCain won SC.

However, Governor Haley's endorsement may be the exception this time, considering Southern evangelicals don't like Mormons that much.

Okie RP fan
12-19-2011, 02:03 AM
Iowa and New Hampshire WIN (which is possible with complete focus on them by the grassroots and campaign) would be greater than the uphill battle in SC and FL.
I say let the excitement from a win in IA and NH be the advertising for SC.
You guys completely underestimate the bump we would get from a IA and NH win.

Let's win Iowa and New Hampshire, and let that momentum ride on it's own into SC and FL and see what it does.

After Iowa and NH, I think most of the resources should go to Nevada. Call me crazy and/or ignorant, but I see SC as a hell pit for Paul and his support. Best not to waste too much money there.

beardedlinen
12-19-2011, 02:06 AM
I don't consider myself an expert in the primary election cycle, but Paul is not coming in first in NH. Simple as that. Romney has basically bankrolled that state.

We'd have to do a decade of deprogramming in that state to come in first. We need 2nd in NH.

Paul needs a strong showing in SC which is also going to be extremely difficult.

Florida...sucks.

The message at hand: It's still going to be a long uphill battle. We can only relax for a couple of seconds before something is switched up on us again.

Agorism
12-19-2011, 02:11 AM
It's possible we get +10 from Iowa or Nh victories going into SC, but there needs to be some progress prior to that if we want to stop Newt having a +40 lead or whatever he has.

beardedlinen
12-19-2011, 02:13 AM
It's possible we get +10 from Iowa or Nh victories going into SC, but there needs to be some progress prior to that if we want to stop Newt having a +40 lead or whatever he has.

Phone from home and the immense amount of money we've given the campaign. :)

anaconda
12-19-2011, 02:38 AM
Let him. It will only make Ron's main competition (Romney) look worse. What we -don't- want is for Romney to win NH and SC.

Remember that Hillary was crushing it at this time 4 years ago. Doubling or near doubling Obama's numbers.

Xenophage
12-19-2011, 02:44 AM
We need to try our best for 1st place in every state. Don't "Let a state go." As far as what the campaign does? Let THEM be strategic about where they spend money and where Ron goes in person. As far as WE are concerned? Do everything imaginable in every state!

Keith and stuff
12-19-2011, 02:46 AM
SC is a must win, and thankfully the campaign agrees with that. An Iowa victory and a strong 2nd in NH would help position us for victory in SC.

The campaign doesn't think that way. The campaign thinks that Ron Paul must get 3rd or better in IA and NH last I heard. SC is less important than either of those states right now. I guess, after NH, it will become vastly more important to the campaign though :)

Student Of Paulism
12-19-2011, 02:47 AM
I agree about SC...sadly, i think it would be pointless and wasteful. It's mostly all phony christian neocon southerners (old confederate types: women with blue hair and old men who still havent figured out to stop the 12:00 blinking on their dvd player). Co-opted T-Party Gov already endorsed Romney, and the ever lovable Lindsey Graham is their senator, who is best buds with other neo con nuts like McCain, who both despise Ron and his son too. So yea, i think it would be a moot point to bother with SC.

Edit: No offense to any SC'ers here too, but i spent some time down there on multiple occasions, once for 6 month stretch and the people are great, really friendly and start up convos with total strangers, love to interact and get to know you (especially the older crowd), but they also seem very set in their ways and very protective and patriotic (a little too much) and i dont think Ron's FP is going to sit well with that crowd.

Justinfrom1776
12-19-2011, 03:25 AM
Doesn't Jack Hunter broadcast his radio show out of Charleston? There are probably people who listened to it, we should not think of S.C. a "throw away" state.. If by the time South Carolina rolls around, it's a 2 man race between Paul and Romney, I'm thinking we have a shot at this thing.. Hammer home the fact that Romney is a collectivist!

Keith and stuff
12-19-2011, 03:41 AM
Doesn't Jack Hunter broadcast his radio show out of Charleston? There are probably people who listened to it, we should not think of S.C. a "throw away" state.. If by the time South Carolina rolls around, it's a 2 man race between Paul and Romney, I'm thinking we have a shot at this thing.. Hammer home the fact that Romney is a collectivist!

You have great points. And the last Gov. of SC was good on most economic issues. He was very bad on a bunch of other things, though. From what I've heard, the current Gov. is better than average also. I wouldn't write off SC and I know the campaign is putting effort there. If Ron Paul is 1st or 2nd, with a bit of effort, Ron Paul should be able to get 3rd in SC and likely FL too. I know the last two elections, SC went to the establishment candidate and that is Mitt Romney this time. But as we all know, according to those polls that are several days old, Newt has a huge lead (which should shrink with the next few polls.)