PDA

View Full Version : An Interesting Historical Note on Today

LiveToWin
12-19-2011, 12:25 AM
I’m in awe of the progress that we’ve been making recently, as many of you are tonight. I’ve been spreading the ideas of liberty to everyone I get the chance to since 2007 when all of this really began, and it is truly day and night in comparison in regards to the state of this campaign.
I’d like to share with all of you a special note on today’s date that I just found, and the relevance it holds to all of us.

234 years ago to this day, on December 19, 1777, Washington and the Continental Army marched into Valley Forge. Undersupplied, undermanned, and poorly trained – 12,000 troops endured the harsh Pennsylvania winter.

For 4 years we’ve heard that Ron Paul can’t win, that he and all of us are crazy and unpatriotic. We were almost alone in a country that has forgotten the ideals of liberty, and endured with only our convictions to bring us through to today. Today marks the day that our Valley Forge has almost come to an end.

“These are the times that try men's souls: The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of his country; but he that stands by it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman.” – The American Crisis

LiveToWin
12-19-2011, 12:41 PM
Bump for those who didn't see what day it is last night.

UtahApocalypse
12-19-2011, 12:44 PM
This is incredible :) +Rep

Aratus
12-19-2011, 12:48 PM
:toady::toady::toady::toady::toady::toady::toady:: toady::toady:

LiveToWin
12-19-2011, 02:31 PM
It really is, all this good news and how things are turning around reminded me of Valley Forge and caused me to look it up. I couldn't believe the coincidence that today of all days was when they entered Valley Forge.

ryanmkeisling
12-19-2011, 02:48 PM
I am flying back to PA this week to see my family for christmas. I plan on visiting Valley Forge when I am there. A terrific coincidence.

ConsideringRonPaul
12-19-2011, 02:54 PM
I’m in awe of the progress that we’ve been making recently, as many of you are tonight. I’ve been spreading the ideas of liberty to everyone I get the chance to since 2007 when all of this really began, and it is truly day and night in comparison in regards to the state of this campaign.
I’d like to share with all of you a special note on today’s date that I just found, and the relevance it holds to all of us.

234 years ago to this day, on December 19, 1777, Washington and the Continental Army marched into Valley Forge. Undersupplied, undermanned, and poorly trained – 12,000 troops endured the harsh Pennsylvania winter.

For 4 years we’ve heard that Ron Paul can’t win, that he and all of us are crazy and unpatriotic. We were almost alone in a country that has forgotten the ideals of liberty, and endured with only our convictions to bring us through to today. Today marks the day that our Valley Forge has almost come to an end.

“These are the times that try men's souls: The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of his country; but he that stands by it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman.” – The American Crisis

Wow, great post. This from an undecided voter.

LiveToWin
12-19-2011, 03:26 PM
Wow, great post. This from an undecided voter.

Thanks, and I'm glad to see you're 'Considering Ron Paul' :) If you're looking for the modern day Continental Army, you've come to the right camp!