PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Radio v2.0

cizzlebolicious
12-19-2011, 12:25 AM
(There was a thread over at the Daily Paul, but it either got caught in the spam filter or it got deleted.)

Hey all,

For the folks that were around for the '08 election, remember RonPaulRadio.com? I wasn't involved in that project, but according to For Liberty, the purpose of the project was to keep people up to date about Ron Paul news and also live events.

I've been looking around on Google today and found that there are a lot of folks with Ron Paul related podcasts. This got me thinking. A friend of mine told me a while back that he purchased the domains ronpaulradio.net and ronpaulradio.org, just in case Ron would run. However, he is unable to work on this project due to illness.

Now, I'm a busy college student and have a few activist projects of my own. I know that I cannot personally run an online radio station, both due to lack of capital and time. However, I do have the technical expertise to get this project off of the ground, and since I am on Winter break for the next three weeks, I will have the time to get it set up.

So here is the deal: I am willing to start this project and hand it off to a team of people to run it. Since we are all capitalists, I must mention that I believe that this project could be profitable. We may not make much from it, but it would be enough to keep it afloat until the November election and could provide some pocket money for those involved to either donate to the campaign or to supplement other income.

If you have any experience in management, audio production, or know your way around a Linux terminal, I want you to join my team. If you are maxed out on donations to the official campaign and want to do something that can potentially reach tens of thousands of people, we can use your financial support as well.

There is a lot of potential here to spread the message even further. Internet radio is becoming increasingly popular due to smart phones and their integration into vehicles. Us Ron Paul people are always ahead of the curve, and this is just another way we can be innovative and get Ron elected!

Please respond to this thread if you are interested, or shoot me an email at coreyamoore@gmail.com

UPDATES

So far we have a $250 anonymous donation
I have written up a part of the business plan and will be sharing it with the community in the coming days
Gigi Bowman, of Liberty Candidates fame, has agreed to do a live, weekly show

refuge
12-20-2011, 09:21 AM
This is something I'd like to keep an eye on. I'm in the same boat as you, college student in winter break, though I'm a computer science major who practically only works in a linux terminal -- I'd love to see this off the ground though.

Conza88
12-20-2011, 09:38 AM
DjLoti where are youuuuuu.... :D

Btw - it should be far easier to do today, than it was in 2008. I'm sure you've got Skype, other live stream stuff etc.

Important to have a sweet chat room aswell, that's key to it.

cizzlebolicious
12-20-2011, 11:31 AM
This is something I'd like to keep an eye on. I'm in the same boat as you, college student in winter break, though I'm a computer science major who practically only works in a linux terminal -- I'd love to see this off the ground though.

I could use you actually. I need someone to create a shell script that will download podcast audio automatically from RSS, then FTP it to the AutoDJ on the streaming server. Please add me on skype (same name as my username) and I will talk to you after I get off work.

cizzlebolicious
12-20-2011, 10:43 PM
Two more updates:
- Basic site is up, http://ronpaulradio.net. Go check it out. It has a chat room.
- We now have a web developer and a web designer on board. I'm still looking for people to help manage the station, but they will be a great help!

Conza88
12-20-2011, 11:15 PM
http://www.chatzy.com/ is good for possible chat room.

cizzlebolicious
12-20-2011, 11:20 PM
http://www.chatzy.com/ is good for possible chat room.
Do you like the Chatango chat on there currently? There are a lot of options, but I'm the most familiar with Chatango.

Conza88
12-21-2011, 04:07 AM
To be viable (long term), needs to be a full room sized thing. Moderators etc.

HankXavier
01-10-2012, 09:01 PM
Greetings,

My name is Hank Xavier, I have been a Ron Paul activist since 2008 when I ran one of the largest Ron Paul groups online with almost 20k members. I am working with Corey Moore on the project. We have exciting news to share. I have successfully been able to negotiate the acquisition of the ronpaulradio.com domain name for $150 (from a stunning starting price of $3300 lol). So we are seeking donations for the purchase of RONPAULRADIO.COM for the cost of $150. This will complete our acquisition of the principle domains. I paid for the .net and .org myself but can't afford this one on my own. Please go to http://ronpaulradio.net to ChipIn - we are currently working on filling out the broadcast schedule as well as appropriating good chat software. Your donations go toward these purchases so please stop by and chipin if you can.