PDA

View Full Version : Celebrities who support Ron Paul - A grassroots Television Commercial?

BLS
12-18-2011, 11:10 PM
Imagine you're watching the CBS, ABC or NBC evening news as you either enjoy or prepare/wait for dinner.

You see war, economic woes, foreclosures, unemployment issues, political scandal, and general morality issues.
They permeate every story you watch.

Then during the break you see a commercial pop on, and Vince Vaughn talks about how you've lost money in your 401k, your home value has plummeted and how food costs more now, while portions are smaller. Joe Rogan comes on and talks about how the getting on a plane now requires your grandmother to be frisked and her purse searched. He suggests we are told that Muslims attacked us because they hate our freedoms, and yet now we are subject to searches and the patriot act allows .gov to listen to our phone calls without a warrant. Enter celebrity 3 (who?)...and they talk about how Politicians seem to always been involved in scandals, etc.

You can see where I'm going with this.

While the talking points don't have to relate necessarily to a particular celebrity; the bigger question is...can we create a commercial, grassroots funded, that includes these celebrities (and who else could we get) basically giving us HUGE name recognition that suggests voters have a REAL option.

Story after story in the news suggests that voters are NOT enthusiastic about 2012 because they believe their options SUCK.

Let's show them...they have a GREAT choice....they just don't know it yet.

What other celebrities are ardent RP supporters?

DanielF17
12-18-2011, 11:40 PM
The third celebrity can be John Mayer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vssZ1gkhKTE

mport1
12-18-2011, 11:45 PM
Americans do love celebrities.

cdc482
12-18-2011, 11:51 PM
I liked this idea, but it'd be hard to do.

sailingaway
12-18-2011, 11:54 PM
I don't think endorsements mean as much as his positions. I'd go with those.

dbill27
12-18-2011, 11:57 PM
I don't think endorsements mean as much as his positions. I'd go with those.

depends who the endorsements are from, don't underestimate the power of endorsements. My personal favorite youtube videos are of milton friedman and thomas sowell saying "yes, we should end the fed" conservatives worship those guys even hannity. Average joe talk show listeners relate to someone like joe rogan or tim duncan or vince vaugn. what about reagans quote about Ron in one of the commercials?

jkob
12-19-2011, 12:02 AM
Would be interesting idea to have an ad with Joe Rogan, Josh Koscheck, Jon Fitch, and Chris Lytle during the UFC 141: Lesnar vs Overeem prelims on Spike TV on December 30th.