PDA

View Full Version : Something To Ponder: When The Bottom Tier Candidates Drop Out

daviddee
12-18-2011, 10:54 PM

squirekyle
12-18-2011, 10:57 PM
We just need to focus on the first 5 states, hopefully the 3 with 10% will stay in for awhile if they feel they have a shot.

mport1
12-18-2011, 10:57 PM
Agreed. We need to have a huge lead for when people drop out or neocon support solidifies around Romney.

Bergie Bergeron
12-18-2011, 10:58 PM
Right now, there are so many people in the contest and that is making it difficult for anyone to get 30%+ in any of the early contests.

When Santorum, Perry, and Bachmann drop out... Their neocon votes will go somewhere. They, combined, are 30% in Iowa.

Santorum threw his support behind Mitt Romney last time.

Long story short, we need to be mindful that it is a large pack right now. When it thins we need to be able to scrap off some voters.
Don't think they'll drop out before NH, maybe Santorum.

TheViper
12-18-2011, 10:58 PM
Right now, there are so many people in the contest and that is making it difficult for anyone to get 30%+ in any of the early contests.

When Santorum, Perry, and Bachmann drop out... Their neocon votes will go somewhere. They, combined, are 30% in Iowa.

Santorum threw his support behind Mitt Romney last time.

Long story short, we need to be mindful that it is a large pack right now. When it thins we need to be able to scrap off some voters.
Don't forget that a good handful are also closet RP supporters. Those that claim they'd support him if they knew he had a chance of actually winning.

Well, that chance of actually is starting to come to fruition.

spudea
12-18-2011, 10:59 PM
2 things need addressing:

#1 electability

#2 Foreign Policy

then we win!

Havax
12-18-2011, 11:00 PM
Don't forget that a good handful are also closet RP supporters. Those that claim they'd support him if they knew he had a chance of actually winning.

Well, that chance of actually is starting to come to fruition.

Hard to really say that about people supporting people polling at 10% in Iowa at this stage in the game. They don't seem to have much electability at this juncture either.

EuRa
12-18-2011, 11:00 PM
I can see us picking off Perry supporters.

The other two, not so much. However, people are starting to wake up and realize that their freedoms are being taken away from them one by one. Big government is taking over. And MAYBE (big maybe) the Tea Party will ACTUALLY realize that Paul stands for what they say they stand for.

Gotta wait and see. Cain supporters came to us and I didn't think they would. Perhaps those that support Bachmann and Santorum only do so because they hated the top 2 and had to go somewhere. Perhaps we'd be next in line. Who knows!

I'm excited!

Havax
12-18-2011, 11:01 PM

#1 electability

#2 Foreign Policy

then we win!

#3 Will he run 3rd party? :p

mport1
12-18-2011, 11:02 PM

#1 electability

#2 Foreign Policy

then we win!

Absolutely right.

Decay
12-18-2011, 11:02 PM
Unfortunately, Paul won't be getting the bulk of their supporters. He'll most likely get Huntsman's and very few from the others. He may have had a chance with Bachmann's people, but I'm sure they're pissed about his "hating Muslims" comment.

Decay
12-18-2011, 11:03 PM
#3 Will he run 3rd party? :p

He definitely will if he doesn't get the primary.

FreedomProsperityPeace
12-18-2011, 11:05 PM
The thing is, Santorum, Bachmann, and Perry voters are strongly anti-Romney and Gingrich. They've stuck to their guns behind hopeless candidates while the establishment favorites are being pushed heavily, so chances are they're not going to hop on their bandwagons anytime soon. I think there are many among them who will join us.

daviddee
12-18-2011, 11:14 PM

Feelgood
12-18-2011, 11:14 PM
Don't think they'll drop out before NH, maybe Santorum.

Unlikely. Santorum has a moneybomb currently going on, since the 14th and has extended it to continue his huge streak of funds coming in. As of this post, he has reached $206k of his $250k goal. :D

Nathan Hale
12-18-2011, 11:15 PM
I agree with the earlier post - Perry supporters will likely come our way. There's even the off-chance of getting an endorsement if Perry drops. Bachmann and Gingrich, however, hate us. Huntsman and Johnson supporters will also come our way but they don't amount to much (though in NH they could give us the state).

muh_roads
12-18-2011, 11:16 PM
The GOP establishment is now begging and pleading for 2nd tier to drop I bet.

Fermli
It all comes down to which segment is bigger, the anti-Romney or the anti-Paul. And the anti-Paul crowd is shrinking every day.

Also will be important whether the Paul campaign can educate the huge number of voters that don't pay attention until January, and do it in a short time frame.

Student Of Paulism
Unfortunately, Paul won't be getting the bulk of their supporters. He'll most likely get Huntsman's and very few from the others. He may have had a chance with Bachmann's people, but I'm sure they're pissed about his "hating Muslims" comment.

I disagree. I mean, i understand your logic, its sensible, but i am already seeing endless flames on her facebook about it, and the numerous sites proving her lies about Ahmadinejad, and also The SHaria Report she endorsed from some fascist/racist awhile ago. The fact that Ron exposed it all, will have the reverse effect you are implying :D Look at the whole Trump issue. They all followed like sheep once Ron pwned Trump, and people knew he was right.

Maximus
12-18-2011, 11:18 PM
If we are winning, we will pick up voters, people like to vote for a winner

goldwater's ghost
12-18-2011, 11:20 PM
I can see us picking off Perry supporters.

The other two, not so much. However, people are starting to wake up and realize that their freedoms are being taken away from them one by one. Big government is taking over. And MAYBE (big maybe) the Tea Party will ACTUALLY realize that Paul stands for what they say they stand for.

Gotta wait and see. Cain supporters came to us and I didn't think they would. Perhaps those that support Bachmann and Santorum only do so because they hated the top 2 and had to go somewhere. Perhaps we'd be next in line. Who knows!

I'm excited! agree. we might have hurt ourselves with santorum and bachman though. wonder how they'll feel about those leno jabs. we should get all the huntsman votes

sofia
12-18-2011, 11:35 PM
After Ron wins Iowa, the Party elders will ORDER Bachman and Santorum to step down and endorse Romney ....They figure that will seal NH for Romney as they then head into SC.

Perry and Huntsman will also get orders and even Newt himself may pack it in early if Ron keeps building momentum.

By Super Tuesday, it could very well be Ron Paul vs Mitt Romney / Rush Limbaugh / Sean Hannity / FOX / MSM.

JohnGalt23g
12-18-2011, 11:38 PM
We can get Perry supporters. Bachmann's will be tough after all that crap about "disqualifying", but we can still get a lot of them.

Frothy's aren't voting Paul. No way, no how.

What we need to do is figure how to get that great mass of people that have gone from Bachmann to Perry to Cain to Gingrich.

They are the key.

sofia
12-18-2011, 11:40 PM
We can get Perry supporters. Bachmann's will be tough after all that crap about "disqualifying", but we can still get a lot of them.

Frothy's aren't voting Paul. No way, no how.

What we need to do is figure how to get that great mass of people that have gone from Bachmann to Perry to Cain to Gingrich.

They are the key.

If we attack Romney for his abortion flip flops....we could get some of Frothy's pro-life voters. A lot of these peeps mistakenly think that Ron is pro-abortion.

Paul4Prez
12-18-2011, 11:44 PM

#1 electability

#2 Foreign Policy

then we win!

Well, since he's the front-runner and holds stronger appeal to independent voters than any other Republican, #1 is in the bag.

Since his foreign policy is the correct one and his anti-war stance is shared by two-thirds of Americans, he shouldn't change a thing.

McDermit
12-18-2011, 11:53 PM
I know a few people (Christian conservatives/evangelicals) who support Bachman or Santorum, but have Paul as their second or third choice. Once those 2 drop, we'll pick up some of the religious vote.

jkob
12-18-2011, 11:56 PM
I think we'd pick a decent chunk of their voters actually. At this point if you're not supporting Romney or Gingrich, you probably won't be to excited to back them after your own candidate drops out. I have to imagine we picked up a decent chunk of Herman Cain voters when he dropped out.

slamhead
12-18-2011, 11:58 PM

#1 electability

#2 Foreign Policy

then we win!

We really need to win over more seniors with Paul's economic policy. When they hear cuts they get scared.

slamhead
12-19-2011, 12:00 AM
Unlikely. Santorum has a moneybomb currently going on, since the 14th and has extended it to continue his huge streak of funds coming in. As of this post, he has reached $206k of his $250k goal. :D

Bwahahahhaah. How cute a money firecracker. LOLZ

McDermit
12-19-2011, 12:10 AM
I think we'd pick a decent chunk of their voters actually. At this point if you're not supporting Romney or Gingrich, you probably won't be to excited to back them after your own candidate drops out. I have to imagine we picked up a decent chunk of Herman Cain voters when he dropped out.Nah. If Paul is not currently their second or third choice, they won't come over.

The sentiment is basically "I don't like Newt, but I'd hold my nose and vote for him."