davidhperry
12-18-2011, 09:54 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2011/12/18/world/asia/north-korea-leader-dead/?hpt=hp_t1

FSP-Rebel
12-18-2011, 09:55 PM
Stop, for realz?

trey4sports
12-18-2011, 09:55 PM
oh dear. The DPRK will be going crazy. I have been fascinated with that country for a while now and studied it a great deal. This will absolutely crush their people.

Razmear
12-18-2011, 09:56 PM
Looks like our next war will be in Korea then. Is there a clear line of accention?

JohnGalt23g
12-18-2011, 09:56 PM
For realz.

Dr Paul should consider finding himself an expert on Korea to advise him for the next few weeks.

timreichstein
12-18-2011, 09:59 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kim_Jong-un

FSP-Rebel
12-18-2011, 10:00 PM
oh dear. The DPRK will be going crazy. I have been fascinated with that country for a while now and studied it a great deal. This will absolutely crush their people.
Likewise, but do you like the younger Kim? I expect that u don't, will the south take over or China?

trey4sports
12-18-2011, 10:01 PM
Looks like our next war will be in Korea then. Is there a clear line of accention?

yes, should be his son. N. Korea has nuclear capabilities and the U.S. knows better than to mess with them otherwise we'd already be there. The DPRK is probably the most anti-american place in the world, and it is a great example of blowback. They regard the US as the great imperialists. They don't give a shit about our freedoms.

coastie
12-18-2011, 10:01 PM

This.

Crazy,crazy how he-and his father before him- had those people brainwashed for all these years.

trey4sports
12-18-2011, 10:05 PM
Likewise, but do you like the younger Kim? I expect that u don't, will the south take over or China?

I don't think either country will attempt. The DPRK has the 4th largest military in the world (although I've heard from many on this forum they are somewhat of a paper tiger) and they have nuclear capability. Frankly, It would probably be the best chance the U.S has of working covertly during a time of instability that is forthcoming but the people of the DPRK are so loyal to the regime and dear leader that they will mourn but likewise worship the new leader. That country is basically stuck in a 1950's soviet timewarp.

as for the new leader, i don't know much about him.

jclay2
12-18-2011, 10:05 PM
So does this mean the preemptive strike is back on?

trey4sports
12-18-2011, 10:09 PM
This.

Crazy,crazy how he-and his father before him- had those people brainwashed for all these years.

yeah it really is. The crazy thing is that it is really quite understandable. The great leader is regarded as the general who put an end to the massacre of hundreds of thousands of Koreans and pushed the Americans out of the North. Granted, it has completely turned into a personality cult. The more you dig into their culture the more you see that it is even more interesting than first imagined.

Qdog
Please dont stone me... but am I the only one who is a little bit sad?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6z8iKVayOKk

FSP-Rebel
I don't think either country will attempt. The DPRK has the 4th largest military in the world (although I've heard from many on this forum they are somewhat of a paper tiger) and they have nuclear capability. Frankly, It would probably be the best chance the U.S has of working covertly during a time of instability that is forthcoming but the people of the DPRK are so loyal to the regime and dear leader that they will mourn but likewise worship the new leader. That country is basically stuck in a 1950's soviet timewarp.
No they aren't and ure statement is full of bullshit. They are decent overall but not equal in this overall bs, get it?

frickettz
For realz.

Dr Paul should consider finding himself an expert on Korea to advise him for the next few weeks.

Oh for sure. Ron Paul will definitely have to answer strategic questions based on these current events. This news is huge.. campaign should look at it very carefully.

trey4sports
12-18-2011, 10:11 PM
No they aren't and ure statement is full of bullshit. They are decent overall but not equal in this overall bs, get it?

nope.

American Idol
12-18-2011, 10:11 PM
Yeah right. Nice timing NWO. Just as the Moneybomb hits $4 million and the Public Policy Poll is coming out. ;)

FSP-Rebel
12-18-2011, 10:23 PM
nope.
I was wrong in saying and the DPRK is disgusting totally. Sorry for the remark, I was wrong big time. I just want the Kim regime to fold soon, sorry for being incoherent towards ya. Now, I wish the dips have nothing less to offer to the people of that country. ? is, will the younger and new Kim free people?

Hospitaller
12-18-2011, 10:27 PM
He must have been ill

trey4sports
12-18-2011, 10:29 PM
I was wrong in saying and the DPRK is disgusting totally. Sorry for the remark, I was wrong big time. I just want the Kim regime to fold soon, sorry for being incoherent towards ya. Now, I wish the dips have nothing less to offer to the people of that country. ? is, will the younger and new Kim free people?

I honestly don't know a whole lot about him. I doubt much will change though. Even if he did try to move them in a new direction (which I have no reason to think he would) the people there are completely brainwashed. Their culture could not and will not change overnight.

Revolution9
12-18-2011, 10:31 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxLBywKrTf4

Rev9

Pauls' Revere
12-18-2011, 10:36 PM
Oh for sure. Ron Paul will definitely have to answer strategic questions based on these current events. This news is huge.. campaign should look at it very carefully.

I see this as an opportunity for Ron Paul to extend his hand and open better negotiations. Much like Nixon did with China. This is a great opportunity for both sides to put the past behind them. At least lets hope so.

thehungarian
12-18-2011, 10:59 PM
Who will be the first candidate to issue a statement on this? My guess is Bachmann.

Rael
12-18-2011, 11:11 PM
Good riddance.

Nate
12-18-2011, 11:32 PM
Good riddance.

Good riddance? How could you say good riddance to one of the world's true treasures? You probably just don't know about all of his historic achievements & how much of a renaissance man he truly was. I mean the guy was damn near messianic.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/northkorea/8292848/The-Incredible-Kim-Jong-il-and-his-Amazing-Achievements.html#.Tu7FyJYhVNU.facebook

The Incredible Kim Jong-il and his Amazing Achievements
Known to his people variously as The Supreme Leader, the Dear Leader, Our Father, the General, Lodestar of the 21st Century or Eternal President, Kim Jong-il has been credited with a mind-boggling series of achievements.

* Even before his birth, the future leader of North Korea was triggering miracles. Official biographers say his birth in a cabin on the slopes of Baekdu Mountain in February 1942 was foretold by a swallow and heralded by a double rainbow. When he was born, a new star appeared in the night sky.

* The first time he picked up a golf club, in 1994, Kim reportedly shot a 38-under par round on North Korea's only golf course, including 11 holes-in-one. He then decided to retire from the sport for ever.

* Kim has the ability to alter the weather simply through the power of thought.

Hospitaller
12-18-2011, 11:48 PM
double rainbow.

:)

jtstellar
12-19-2011, 01:07 AM
didn't his son manage to get a few years to study in europe? any chance some western enlightenment eases his father's radical policies?

randomname
12-19-2011, 01:42 AM
When asked about tje event Paul could take the opportunity to explain the difference between isolationism (what Kim Jung Il was for) and non-interventionism

VBRonPaulFan
12-19-2011, 07:17 AM
he was il for a rery rery rong time

Jingles
12-19-2011, 08:21 AM
Please dont stone me... but am I the only one who is a little bit sad?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6z8iKVayOKk

In a way, kind of like when Saddam died. Its not that I like these people, its just that have existed for as long as I remember and its strange when they die. He also can no longer look at things. http://kimjongillookingatthings.tumblr.com/

raystone
12-19-2011, 08:41 AM
To help understand how the N. Korean people can possibly be inconsolably crying now, here's a short, great insight into the all encompassing government propaganda campaign.

National Geographic: Inside North Korea (it's a Play now on netflix)

fisharmor
12-19-2011, 11:42 AM
He must have been ill
No, just Il.

ZanZibar
12-19-2011, 08:58 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFPpDdI8EMc&feature=uploademail