PDA

View Full Version : I'm tired of American foreign policy making a mockery of my Christian faith

wgadget
12-18-2011, 05:22 PM
As most of you know, our foreign policy and our monetary policy many times cause nothing but grief for the peoples of the world. We export bombs and inflation and then we go around sending missionaries so that the non-evangelized people of the world can become "Christian" like us.

I think that a President Ron Paul would usher in a new era of global understanding of what REAL freedom is, and what REAL Christianity is. I'm sick and tired of people like Steve Deace, Dick Morris, and Rush Limbaugh preaching to me what "patriotism" is.

Just my opinion.

1 If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2 If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. 3 If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast,[b] but do not have love, I gain nothing.

4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

8 Love never fails.

TexasJake
12-18-2011, 05:26 PM
I was thinking about this very subject today. It is a person thing, so I don't preach at people, but I would encourage any Christian to evaluate this for themselves.

libertygrl
12-18-2011, 06:12 PM
You know, I was just watching a documentary called God In America, and there was a segment that is similar to what we are going through today. It had to do with American Christians who were at odds with one another over the issue of slavery. There were those that felt the civil war was brought on as a punsihment from God for the sin of slavery. During the war and particularly after losing his son, Lincoln wrestled with the notion of what was God's will? People from both the North and the South believed God was on their side in this war. They believed in the Bible, prayed to the same God and he could easily allow either side to win. So in this great American tragedy that was unfolding, what would be God's will? Then it came to Lincoln. Emancipation. He felt he was inspired by God to free the slaves.

Many saw that the war was similar to the shed blood and sacrifice of Christ for the sins of the world. The nation's blood had to be sacrificed for the sin of slavery. Where Christ died to make men holy, soldiers had to die in order to make men free. (I'm paraphrasing of what was said in the segment) They went even further to liken Lincoln's death to Christ's sacrifice but that was a little too sacreligious for me. lol.

But you should check out the segment about slavery and how christians were at odds with each other over it. Very similar to what's going on today with wars of agression.

http://www.pbs.org/godinamerica/view/

Play the segment entitled "A Nation Reborn"