PDA

View Full Version : I Can See Why You Guys Get Mad

Bob Cochran
11-08-2007, 06:49 AM
Last night I was channel surfing, and came across Bill O'Reilly on Faux News.

He was giving his two cents on the presidential candidates.

I gritted my teeth, saying, "Betcha he won't mention Ron Paul."

He didn't.

DANG. It makes me angry.:mad:

Noog
11-08-2007, 06:59 AM
That's probably a good thing. He'd just call him a "pinhead" or some other clever insult.

frasu
11-08-2007, 07:03 AM
the best with this clowns is just ignore them...

Bob Cochran
11-08-2007, 07:22 AM
Ron Paul won the first New York state Republican straw poll.

He beat Giuliani on his own turf!

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2007/11/07/ron-paul-wins-straw-poll-in-new-york/

unklejman
11-08-2007, 08:47 AM
Ron Paul won the first New York state Republican straw poll.

He beat Giuliani on his own turf!

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2007/11/07/ron-paul-wins-straw-poll-in-new-york/

Wow check out this comment on that article:

Ron Paul’s a joke. He’s got a lock on the anti-everything and delusional conspiracy-theorist voting bloc. That this bloc happens to be unusually well-organized and tech-savvy explains his dominion of the so-called netroots.

Really, though, I don’t care how many times Ron “Dr. No” Paul can cram the words Constitution and Freedom into one sentence, it doesn’t change that he’s a horrible person. His voting record is truly awful.

He wants to get rid of the Department of Education, Medicare, Social Security, and federally mandated airport security, not to mention the Federal Reserve bank, all in the name of “upholding” The Constitution.

I mean, forget this, let’s just go back to the days of our venerable founding fathers and the Constitution of 1787. You know, back when women and blacks couldn’t vote, education and health care were luxuries of the elites, economic depressions meant you got kicked out on the street, and white and black people couldn’t swim in the same pools… You know, the good old days.

I hate that people think he wants segregation back...

ladyliberty
11-08-2007, 08:51 AM
Looks like Prime opportunity to educate the poster (and readers) about Ron Paul to me!

shepburn
11-08-2007, 08:53 AM
This comment is a irrational ranting that totally explains the underlying beliefs of the neo-liberal left. Hillary Clinton could not have written, a better summary of her own beliefs, more clearly herself.
While this person is obviously a good writer, they are simply disingenious. I'm sure this is not the real reason they hate Paul. Why else would a liberal attack a 'lower tier' candidate from the other party so directly.

RobS
11-08-2007, 09:00 AM
This comment made me happy:

"Ron Paul won? Thats pretty amazing I hadn’t heard about him in the paper or on cable until yesterday and his record setting donations of 4.3 million. That was pretty amazing, especially for a cantidate noone was talking about, and the fact that it was from something like 38000 individual doners. I really think that once his name gets out there more people from every party will start registering Republican just to vote for this guy. Ron Paul has a great record if people care to look him up, he is the only person I would vote for and thats from a lifelong Democrat that will be switching partys in order to vote for him in the primaries!"

Zydeco
11-08-2007, 09:06 AM
Well, Ron Paul is destroying the entire system, which includes the corrupt MSM.

Already, people are wondering why they haven't been told about this guy until now, and why he keeps being dismissed as having no chance.

Bob Cochran
11-08-2007, 09:46 AM
The blogger who wrote this is trying to tie Ron Paul to these kinds of ideas, which are as far from his thinking as could be.

I mean, forget this, let’s just go back to the days of our venerable founding fathers and the Constitution of 1787. You know, back when women and blacks couldn’t vote, education and health care were luxuries of the elites, economic depressions meant you got kicked out on the street, and white and black people couldn’t swim in the same pools… You know, the good old days.

And here, the person resorts to a desperate catch-all bodyslam. Ron Paul has never voted to raise taxes, unlike everyone else in Congress. That fact alone makes his voting record MAGNIFICENT.

All accounts of Ron Paul are that he is humble, charming, gentle, witty. "Horrible person"? Yeah, I suppose he's horrible if you represent one of the many big-money interests that his small government philosophy would eliminate.

...it doesn’t change that he’s a horrible person. His voting record is truly awful...

monotony
11-08-2007, 09:50 AM
These people have no vision of how America could operate without the Federal Government taking ownership of every single issue. They rely on the gov't like a "super parent" instead of relying on the ingenuity and good faith in their fellow man.

With the kind of support and activism that we have been able to generate for Ron Paul, imagine if there was a decentralized yet organized and mobilized effort to rebuild Katrina, instead of the Federal Gov't spending billions of dollars and basically doing nothing. The internet has given the power back to the people, and Ron Paul's campaign is an expression of that power.

These people need to get out of their conditioning, stop relying on the Federal Government, and learn to be agents of change themselves.

The internet is mature. We hold the power now. If we harness it correctly the great PEOPLE of this nation could solve all it's problems, not a handful of power hungry bureaucrats who are always prioritizing their own self interests.

Imagine open source government run with the transparency of the Ron Paul political campaign. We should be running the gov't from the bottom up instead of the top down and that is what our grassroots effort will eventually illuminate for the mainstream masses.

seapilot
11-08-2007, 10:24 AM
There are 3 types of people... the sheep , the herders and the wolves. The wolves are currently keeping the sheep scared and cornered. There will be some sheep that get eaten by the wolves such as those without open minds to liberty and freedom. Then there are the herders trying to save thier sheep trying to guide them to the fields of liberty. We are the herders.