PDA

View Full Version : The ultimate endorsement for Ron Paul would be from...

Decay
12-18-2011, 01:32 PM
Benjamin Netanyahu

Now THAT would be a slap in the face of all the establishment hacks who think Paul is anti-Israel. While I think the American public is the #1 goal, support from Netanyahu would be an amazing boost. And though some would see it as "pandering," getting him to support Paul would be nothing but beneficial.

Monarchist
12-18-2011, 01:35 PM
He won't.

</thread>

Todd38
12-18-2011, 01:35 PM
That's not going to happen, people on this forum have been misinterpreting the statements he made. I saw Netanyahu as a guest on Glenn Beck just two years ago and he was claiming that Iran was plotting to take over the world and he wanted America to lead the way in stopping them by war.

JK/SEA
12-18-2011, 01:36 PM
never happen. he gets his beer money from u.s. taxpayers.

Decay
12-18-2011, 01:37 PM
That's not going to happen, people on this forum have been misinterpreting the statements he made. I saw Netanyahu as a guest on Glenn Beck just two years ago and he was claiming that Iran was plotting to take over the world and he wanted America to lead the way in stopping them by war.

Ron Paul seems to think Netanyahu doesn't want our help. At least, that what he's been saying.

Todd38
12-18-2011, 01:40 PM
Here is Netanyahu saying that he wants the U.S. to threaten to attack Iran, does that sound like someone who wants Israel to handle things for themselves?

http://www.haaretz.com/news/diplomacy-defense/netanyahu-only-credible-military-threat-led-by-u-s-can-stop-nuclear-iran-1.336447

Todd38
12-18-2011, 01:42 PM
Ron Paul seems to think Netanyahu doesn't want our help. At least, that what he's been saying.

Netanyahu doesn't want American help in creating peace with the Palestinians, he'd rather keep bullying them at will and illegally expanding into their land. However, if you think he doesn't want America to attack Iran then you aren't really paying attention.

Adrock
12-18-2011, 01:43 PM
I think the best endorsement would be from DeMint.

eugenekop
12-18-2011, 01:47 PM
Netanyahu definitely wants Americans to help Israel, as most Israelis. But we in Israel are as brainwashed as you guys in the States, so it really doesn't mean a lot. However my understanding is that it is better if America didn't aid Israel or interfere here in any way, especially if that includes not giving money to Arabs, which is so counter productive, I can't even imagine why Americans do it.

anaconda
12-18-2011, 01:49 PM
Palin would be a good thing.

nobody's_hero
12-18-2011, 01:50 PM

I think so too. But you'd have pundits coming down hard on Demint for suddenly turning coat, like they did Walter Jones.

It would work wonders for South Carolina, though.

12-18-2011, 02:00 PM
Why would he? The christian zionists are useful to him.

Decay
12-18-2011, 02:01 PM
Palin would be a good thing.

Her too. At least she's had some good things to say about Paul.

Decay
12-18-2011, 02:02 PM
Why would he? The christian zionists are useful to him.

Cutting off mandatory foreign aid doesn't mean cutting off aid. We can all still support Israel on our own at any time.

Adrock
12-18-2011, 02:05 PM
I think so too. But you'd have pundits coming down hard on Demint for suddenly turning coat, like they did Walter Jones.

It would work wonders for South Carolina, though.

Yah, the only reason I think it could be possible is:

A) Rand and he are friends.
B) All the other candidates suck.
C) I believe he is retiring after the end of this term.

Then again, he could just totally sit it out.

low preference guy
12-18-2011, 02:06 PM
He already endorsed Ron Paul when he defended Ron Paul's platform on Israel in that speech to Congress.

Decay
12-18-2011, 02:10 PM
He already endorsed Ron Paul when he defended Ron Paul's platform on Israel in that speech to Congress.

He's gotta say his name, otherwise it doesn't count.

LibertyEagle
12-18-2011, 02:14 PM
Cutting off mandatory foreign aid doesn't mean cutting off aid. We can all still support Israel on our own at any time.

That is absolutely correct.

Tod
12-18-2011, 02:23 PM

Why GOP power player Jim DeMint isn’t endorsing in the 2012 presidential primaries

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/demint-not-endorsing-in-2012/2011/11/05/gIQAZxs2pM_story.html

Captain Caveman
12-18-2011, 02:32 PM
A great "endorsement" would be getting pro-Paul celebs, politicians, and "big names" to vote with their wallet and support the campaign.
If they did so publicly would be a great plus. $2500 hundred each from Palin, Clint Eastwood, Chuck Norris, etc... given publicly *may* give encouragement for more donations. Frankly I have no idea if such a thing would work.....

JohnGalt23g
12-18-2011, 02:36 PM
I think the best endorsement he might actually get would be from Sarah Palin.

Epic
12-18-2011, 02:38 PM
How about Sanford? He's like actually a Ron Paul supporter.

And he's in an important state.

musicmax
12-18-2011, 02:39 PM
Fred Karger

Decay
12-18-2011, 02:39 PM
A great "endorsement" would be getting pro-Paul celebs, politicians, and "big names" to vote with their wallet and support the campaign.
If they did so publicly would be a great plus. $2500 hundred each from Palin, Clint Eastwood, Chuck Norris, etc... given publicly *may* give encouragement for more donations. Frankly I have no idea if such a thing would work.....

Celebrity endorsements can be great, but you don't want him to end up being the pop culture candidate. I mean, it got Obama into office, but I'd like for Paul to be taken more seriously. Let's just hope whatever celebrity candidates to end up supporting him are those who are at least a bit more respected than the Kardashians.

12-18-2011, 02:46 PM

As a private citizen? Absolutely, knock yourself out.

eric4186
12-18-2011, 02:48 PM

this. a Palin endorsement is a real possibility. I'm definitely seeing a scenario of Paul winning Iowa, Palin endorses Paul the next day and the tea party rallies behind him, media gets slapped in the face and starts taking him seriously. We ride the momentum from that through NH to a win or strong second and from there it's a two man race Paul vs. Romney with us having a really good chance of actually taking the nomination.

Rafi
12-18-2011, 02:52 PM
You guys are right. Netanyahu would never endorse Ron. Ron took a lot of what Netanyahu said out of context, as in, "we don't need troops". America NEVER sent Israel any troops for anything. But Netanyahu is very dependent psychologically on America and couldn't bear being cut loose.

There is only one politician in Israel who would endorse Paul, and he is running against Netanyahu in the Likud primary set for the 31st.

See relevant article here. I will try to get a video endorsement, or at least an endorsement of the position to set israel free and cut off the money.

This guy wants to attack Iran, as do I, but the difference is I don't want any help from you guys and I don't want you doing my dirty work. Neither does he.

http://www.jewishisrael.org/eng_contents/articles/71/article7166.html

Delivered4000
12-18-2011, 03:15 PM
No one should seek any endorsement by heads of state of foreign nations.

erowe1
12-18-2011, 03:17 PM
That Netanyahu quote that Ron Paul supporters love so much is great propaganda for both him and us. But don't be tricked by it yourselves.

erowe1
12-18-2011, 03:20 PM

That's true. But there are ways of getting soft endorsements from them. Bill Clinton was strongly and obviously backing Ehud Barak over Netanyahu in 99.

Decay
12-18-2011, 03:22 PM

I wouldn't look at it as seeking an endorsement. More like clarifying what's in Israel's best interests from the current leader.

sofia
12-18-2011, 03:25 PM
Lets not get carried away here!!!!

BB Netanyahu is a mass murdering mad dog killer (Google/You Tube: Operation Cast Lead) . He and his gang bribe and control our Congress.

On 9/11, Netanyahu actually slipped up and publicly stated: "These attacks will be good for American-Israeli relations".....then he caught himself and said..'Well, I dont mean good....

Student Of Paulism
12-18-2011, 03:35 PM
@Rafi & Erowe1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ljxQn5nm8A

Ok i understand what both of you are saying, but still. Have you both seen this clip? There is no denying what he said here, and he is flat out said he DOES NOT want support with 'spreading democracy', 'troops being sent', etc. Now sure, whether we did or not is one thing, but it doesn't negate the fact that he still said it.

So with all due respect to the both of you, i dont see how it's taken out of context.

samforpaul
12-18-2011, 03:45 PM
@Rafi & Erowe1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ljxQn5nm8A

Ok i understand what both of you are saying, but still. Have you both seen this clip? There is no denying what he said here, and he is flat out said he DOES NOT want support with 'spreading democracy', 'troops being sent', etc. Now sure, whether we did or not is one thing, but it doesn't negate the fact that he still said it.

So with all due respect to the both of you, i dont see how it's taken out of context.

Thanks Student... What is that youtube entitled? I'm asking in the event I need to google it to show to others.
Thanks again.

Student Of Paulism
12-18-2011, 03:59 PM
Thanks Student... What is that youtube entitled? I'm asking in the event I need to google it to show to others.
Thanks again.

Yw, Sam..here is the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ljxQn5nm8A

You can also make a playlist on YT as well, for whatever you like. Make a Ron Paul playlist, then when you see a vid you feel is worth keeping, save it to that playlist :D

erowe1
12-18-2011, 04:58 PM
@Rafi & Erowe1

I didn't say it was out of context. I said it was propaganda. I agree that we should milk it for all its worth. Just don't get your hopes up for any support from Ron Paul from him as if he really meant what he said. It's kind of like when Rick Perry was publicly railing against the TSA scanners, but behind the scenes begging his legislature not to send him the bill that would interpose against them.

BLS
12-18-2011, 05:10 PM

Palin or Christie....or both. Would likely guarantee us the nomination.

Decay
12-18-2011, 05:16 PM
Palin or Christie....or both. Would likely guarantee us the nomination.

Christie's already endorsed Romney.

BLS
12-18-2011, 05:21 PM
Well, that tells you EVERYTHING you need to know about Christie.

Liberty74
12-18-2011, 05:46 PM
Palin would be big! I think deep down she wants to but for her political career she might be hesitant. I don't expect any big national politician to go Paul's way. But Paul sure is racking up state and local supporters.

Also, I think high profile, non political, people like Joe Rogan can help especially if there is a snow ball effect of more of them to endorse. Watch the fake conservative neocons who push the status quo go crazy lol.

Ron Paul can't be bought people! Hence, he won't too many endorsements.

Keith and stuff
12-18-2011, 06:35 PM

I agree that he doesn't seem to want US troops. I don't know of any evidence suggesting that he doesn't want money from the US.

RDM
12-18-2011, 07:22 PM
The ultimate endorsement would be

Nancy Reagan

JohnGalt23g
12-18-2011, 07:27 PM
Actually, there's one endorsement that would be awesome, but judging from history, she won't endorse until after the primaries.

Nancy Reagan.

CplKoontz
12-18-2011, 07:29 PM
Isnt Nancy Reagan a Democrat now though?

EBounding
12-18-2011, 07:31 PM
One of the best endorsements would be from Dr. Walter E. Williams...while hosting the Rush Limbaugh show.

:D

JohnGalt23g
12-18-2011, 07:32 PM
Isnt Nancy Reagan a Democrat now though?

Blasphemy!!! I'd say "Burn this man at the stake!", but this is GOP circles we're talking about here, so:

BURN THIS MAN'S STEAK!!!

jasonxe
12-18-2011, 07:32 PM
The Pope and consider making Paul a Saint.

samforpaul
12-18-2011, 08:37 PM
Yw, Sam..here is the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ljxQn5nm8A

You can also make a playlist on YT as well, for whatever you like. Make a Ron Paul playlist, then when you see a vid you feel is worth keeping, save it to that playlist :D

Thanks!!!!