PDA

View Full Version : Diane Feinstein Introduces Due Process Guarantee Act

FrankRep
12-18-2011, 11:30 AM
http://thenewamerican.com/images/stories2011/01aDecember/diane_feinstein_ap.001.jpg

Senator Diane Feinstein introduced the Due Process Guarantee Act to preserve the right of citizens against the NDAA's indefinite detention provision.

Diane Feinstein Introduces Due Process Guarantee Act (http://thenewamerican.com/usnews/constitution/10230-feinstein-introduces-due-process-guarantee-act)

Joe Wolverton, II | The New American (http://thenewamerican.com/)
17 December 2011

Background:

Congress Gave the President Sweeping New Power to Detain Americans Indefinitely (http://thenewamerican.com/usnews/constitution/10236-congress-gave-the-president-sweeping-new-power-to-detain-americans-indefinitely)

Indefinite Imprisonment Moves Toward Final Passage (http://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews/constitution/10208-indefinite-imprisonment-moves-toward-final-passage)

U.S. Senate votes for Indefinite, Unconstitutional Detention (http://thenewamerican.com/opinion/959-jack-kenny/9993-us-senate-votes-for-indefinite-unconstitutional-detention)

roho76
12-18-2011, 11:48 AM
Shoot me now. I stand with Diane Feinstein. Although I haven't read it yet, so there is probably some nasty shit in there like million dollar checks for illegal immigrants or free Lear jets for congress. But I'll pretty much bow to anything at this point to keep us from being kidnapped by the citizen snatchers in the middle of the night. That's the sad part. They pass a bill and we bend over backwards trying to get the worst part removed while the rest is only slightly better. Which isn't saying much.

I'm donating another hundy. We have to get our man in the white house. We need a solid veto for 4-8 years. What I would like is RP to arrest all the traitors who voted for the NDAA under the terms of that bill and then repeal it. Then leave them there under non existant bureaucracies and superficial what if's.

ghengis86
12-18-2011, 12:02 PM
so we need an act passed by congress to protect a right we supposedly already enjoyed protection via the Constitution/Magna Carta/hundreds of years of common law?

unreal what this country has devolved to

Deborah K
12-18-2011, 12:04 PM
Feinstein is a POS. She's doing this because her constiuency is probably lowering the boom on her and she finally realizes that she had better stop voting for things that piss them off or she'll be out of work. She admitted that she got over 85k calls against the bail-outs and she voted for them anyway.

vechorik
12-18-2011, 12:05 PM
Wow -- shows how progressive Republicans are. Absolutely scarey.

Deborah K
12-18-2011, 12:08 PM
Wow -- shows how progressive Republicans are. Absolutely scarey.

She's a democrat.

Brian4Liberty
12-18-2011, 12:41 PM
Shoot me now. I stand with Diane Feinstein.

It's shocking. Hopefully it doesn't include any other baggage.

vechorik
12-18-2011, 12:44 PM
She's a democrat.

I KNOW! That's why I said it's scarey how progressive REPUBLICANS have come -- that Democrats have to fight them to keep the Constitution!

Brian4Liberty
12-18-2011, 12:47 PM
I KNOW! That's why I said it's scarey how progressive REPUBLICANS have come -- that Democrats have to fight them to keep the Constitution!

I assume that Rand Paul and Mike Lee are working with her on this.

HOLLYWOOD
12-18-2011, 12:50 PM
Dianne Feinstein was all in on NDAA and heads the United States Senate Select Committee on Intelligence and International Narcotics Control Caucus, held the secret meetings with John 'Insane' McCain and Carl 'Showboat C-SPAN' Levine... Feinstein had no problem stealing our rights and shitting on the US Constitution.

Now she wants News/Media headlines saying we can have some of our rights and liberties back with HER glorious protection of the people political paperwork?

Fuck this Fraudster

mosquitobite
12-18-2011, 12:55 PM
Agree Hollywood, but at least this kind of crap puts it in front of the people. We can still trash her for voting for it in the first place.

ryanmkeisling
12-18-2011, 12:56 PM
She is not to be trusted. As a constituent I have written and called many times to voice how unhappy I am with her approach to politics. I have not read this new piece of legislation but I am sure it is just pandering. I believe in 2013 she will be replaced and she sees the writing on the wall.

dillo
12-18-2011, 01:08 PM
The real issue here is that the notion that our "rights" just be signed away. If the government is willing to do that, and with the overwhelming support of the senate and house, than it doesn't really matter if the bill fails. The NDAA bill is just further proof that we no longer have "rights" in America, just privileges. 100 years ago proposing this bill would probably get you hung for treason, nowadays if you oppose it you will be labeled a terrorist and black bagged.

As someone that considers himself an agnostic, I find it odd that I am resorting to this......but god save us all

evadmurd
12-18-2011, 01:12 PM
Don't we already have one of those? It's called the 4th amendment, I think.

Kodaddy
12-18-2011, 01:23 PM
The Constitution gives congress the power to pass laws that say we should follow the rule of law as stated in the Constitution???

War is peace, love is hate, and apparently I made it through the wormhole to bizzaro-world...
And all I wanted was a Pepsi...

ONUV
12-18-2011, 08:22 PM
and what's the punishment for violating this act? it will just be ignored like everything else.

anaconda
12-18-2011, 08:26 PM
Feinstein is a POS. She's doing this because her constiuency is probably lowering the boom on her and she finally realizes that she had better stop voting for things that piss them off or she'll be out of work. She admitted that she got over 85k calls against the bail-outs and she voted for them anyway.

She is a real piece of work. The poster child for a special interests Senator. She'll try to get away with whatever she can.

cindy25
12-18-2011, 08:28 PM
she supports SOPA, so how can she be in favor of due process

Pisces
12-18-2011, 08:29 PM
I assume that Rand Paul and Mike Lee are working with her on this.
Mike Lee tweeted a link to a press release on his Senate webpage announcing that he is a co-sponsor of this bill. I think Rand was listed as a co-sponsor as well as Mark Kirk from Illinois. I think they were the only three Republican co-sponsors unfortunately.