PDA

View Full Version : What's it like to be Ron Paul?

mikeforliberty
12-18-2011, 02:26 AM
I've often wondered what it's like to be Ron Paul.

To spend your whole life striving to give liberty to your fellow man. To weigh every decision against the Constitution and the principles of freedom. How does it feel to be constantly misunderstood, smeared, and rejected when all you want is to return a man's destiny to him. To see your country, which you love, killing innocents around the world. To see your country bankrupting itself through fiscal irresponsibility.

To be running for President, a job he doesn't really want. He'd rather be back in Texas being the cheerful doctor. His sense of conviction was too strong to serve himself when he saw his country needed him.

What does he think when he sees the poll numbers? When he sees his name hovering a percentage point below Newt Gingrich? A man without out principle or morals has more of his country's support than a man who has based his entire life on principles and morals. It's a terrible tragedy.

Especially now as this last election approaches, the last attempt Ron Paul will make to save us from collapse. After a day of flying around the country doing interviews with demagogues and participating in horrible debates. Does he sit on his bed at night reading his bible? Does Carol iron his dress shirts for the next day? Can he put the troubles of the world out of his mind long enough to celebrate his granddaughters wedding?

I can't imagine how hard it is to be Ron Paul and still he manages to go on The Tonight Show with a smile and his bad shoes and remind us again and again and again what freedom is and what our country can be.

This year I'm sending a Christmas card to Ron Paul. He's done more for this country than we can ever repay. I just want him to know how much we appreciate him and his life of sacrifice.

crh88
12-18-2011, 02:34 AM
You make some great points, and I think we should all be very grateful for the sacrifices that Dr. Paul has made for us and the world as a whole. He's a true hero, and I hope he is able to put the troubles of the country/world away and enjoy the holidays.

On a less serious note, when I saw your topic this was my first thought:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xtl2ZuJpG9M

dolphin
12-18-2011, 02:39 AM
This year I'm sending a Christmas card to Ron Paul. He's done more for this country than we can ever repay. I just want him to know how much we appreciate him and his life of sacrifice.

I think he knows, but any gesture we can make over and above is certainly a worthwhile effort.

George_K
12-18-2011, 02:45 AM
The founding fathers would be very proud to see there's one of them in the 21st century.

mikeforliberty
12-18-2011, 02:48 AM
I wish I could give him some kind of gift of appreciation. Nothing really good enough comes to mind. I guess I'll just have to give him my money, my vote, and as many more votes as I can convince.

Sunstruck-Eden
12-18-2011, 02:59 AM
When all is said and done, there better be A TON of biographies, documentaries, and movies of this man.

Sentinelrv
12-18-2011, 03:00 AM
I believe he has a high level of conscious awareness, the ability to monitor one's own thoughts, emotions & behavior and control them so that he doesn't let things affect him. With this high level of awareness and control, he can prevent himself from being emotionally reactive so things don't get under his skin. It allows him to push further than any normal person. The negative comments of people in the media that dismiss him are therefore deflected because they don't really matter to him. He just doesn't allow these things to affect him or his mood because he has a high degree of control over his thoughts and emotions and thus his behavior.

pen_thief
12-18-2011, 03:22 AM
On a less serious note, when I saw your topic this was my first thought:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xtl2ZuJpG9M[/QUOTE]

OMG I love that video :D

Occam's Banana
12-18-2011, 03:26 AM
The founding fathers would be very proud to see there's one of them in the 21st century.
And Grover Cleveland.
And Lysander Spooner.

And many others.

And ... of course ... Ludwig von Mises.

pen_thief
12-18-2011, 03:26 AM
I believe he has a high level of conscious awareness, the ability to monitor one's own thoughts, emotions & behavior and control them so that he doesn't let things affect him. With this high level of awareness and control, he can prevent himself from being emotionally reactive so things don't get under his skin. It allows him to push further than any normal person. The negative comments of people in the media that dismiss him are therefore deflected because they don't really matter to him. He just doesn't allow these things to affect him or his mood because he has a high degree of control over his thoughts and emotions and thus his behavior.

He has indeed mastered the art of not letting his ego get the better of him (I mean ego in the Eckhart Tolle sense, if you ever listen to him). I need to do this more myself, and am trying to practice it when I catch myself getting carried away over something small. I saw a glimmer of the old Ron at the last debate when he went WAY past his time because we was finally fed up with the warmongering. But I really do respect him so much...some people are dying to see the claws and fangs come out but I applaud his self-control :)

anaconda
12-18-2011, 03:30 AM
I'll bet he almost never gets to sleep as much as he wants or needs.

Carehn
12-18-2011, 03:41 AM
It probably sucks. I would hate the publicity and the stupid chanting, though I know its good for the running. If you read this Paul, thanx for putting up with us crazy savages.

Sentinelrv
12-18-2011, 03:41 AM
He has indeed mastered the art of not letting his ego get the better of him (I mean ego in the Eckhart Tolle sense, if you ever listen to him). I need to do this more myself, and am trying to practice it when I catch myself getting carried away over something small. I saw a glimmer of the old Ron at the last debate when he went WAY past his time because we was finally fed up with the warmongering. But I really do respect him so much...some people are dying to see the claws and fangs come out but I applaud his self-control :)

Yes I've read Eckhart Tolle. I'm actually writing a book that explains what he talks about, but in an easier to understand way. Unfortunately, I set it aside back in June so I could help get Ron get elected. Once he has won the first couple states and picks up enough momentum as to be unstoppable, I can go back to working on the book. I just can't work on it now when I know Ron needs me to help out, so I've basically put my life on hold for him, lol.

pen_thief
12-18-2011, 04:18 AM
Yes I've read Eckhart Tolle. I'm actually writing a book that explains what he talks about, but in an easier to understand way. Unfortunately, I set it aside back in June so I could help get Ron get elected. Once he has won the first couple states and picks up enough momentum as to be unstoppable, I can go back to working on the book. I just can't work on it now when I know Ron needs me to help out, so I've basically put my life on hold for him, lol.

I thought you might have read him ;) I listen to "A New Earth" on cd to put me to sleep and help me wind down on tough days. Good luck with your book :) I'd be interested in reading after you publish! I'm actually a sideline editor/writer myself. I know what you mean about having your life on hold. I have a children's book I want to write, showing the importance of standing up to "the man", boycotting, free market and such - full of cute bunnies and humor. I'll make it work somehow, lol.

mikeforliberty
12-18-2011, 04:43 AM
I hope he is remembered as the hero he is. I know I will teach my kids about him. I just hope I get to teach them about Ron Paul our greatest president.

jasonxe
12-18-2011, 05:33 AM
Must be more awesome then a double rainbow to be him.