PDA

View Full Version : Anyone close to the campaign?

coastie
11-08-2007, 05:27 AM
I made a thread the other day about this, but it got bounced into oblivion....

Dr. Paul NEEDS to address the media IMMEDIATELY regarding the inaccuracy of these so called "national polls". Or at least debunk it every time its mentioned to him during an interview (and he doesnt do this enough).

Regardless of whether or not we know they are inaccurate/biased, the general public accepts them as true. I come across this argument all the time when trying to sell the good doctor, because the public will not be weened from the tit of the MSM for many, many years, I'm afraid.

The media always presents these polls as " xx% of America feels this about that", even though they should say " xx% of the 300 Americans in this poll said this".

We'll never win if it isnt addressed, and I see it on the ground nearly every day, people believe these bullshit polls whether we like it or not.

fj45lvr
11-08-2007, 05:44 AM
Well I am skeptical of polls because people are naturally liars.

Paul himself quotes polls like "80% want out of IRAQ" ....just to illustrate that people use polls when they want to use the results to support what they want.

I think polls are WRONG personally because you never know if the people giving them or counting them are honest and if they are "telephone" based it today means the thing is skewed right there.

coastie
11-08-2007, 06:04 AM
Well I am skeptical of polls because people are naturally liars.

Paul himself quotes polls like "80% want out of IRAQ" ....just to illustrate that people use polls when they want to use the results to support what they want.

I think polls are WRONG personally because you never know if the people giving them or counting them are honest and if they are "telephone" based it today means the thing is skewed right there.

EXACTLY, I've pointed that out before a well.

Before we venture off topic though, someone, somwhere needs to tell him that he needs to FOCUS on this as soon as someone interviewing him brings it up. And I dont mean with a quick "yeah, those polls dont even mention me", because thats all he says, and the interviewer immediately moves on. I recall a few recent interviews where he's been specifically asked about the polls, and he doesnt elaborate enough. Elaborate on this and the straw polls, this is what he needs to do. Hell, people believe the other poll results because they're constantly repeated...shouldnt he start doing the same?

Bradley in DC
11-08-2007, 06:29 AM
I made a thread the other day about this, but it got bounced into oblivion....

Dr. Paul NEEDS to address the media IMMEDIATELY regarding the inaccuracy of these so called "national polls". Or at least debunk it every time its mentioned to him during an interview (and he doesnt do this enough).

Regardless of whether or not we know they are inaccurate/biased, the general public accepts them as true. I come across this argument all the time when trying to sell the good doctor, because the public will not be weened from the tit of the MSM for many, many years, I'm afraid.

The media always presents these polls as " xx% of America feels this about that", even though they should say " xx% of the 300 Americans in this poll said this".

We'll never win if it isnt addressed, and I see it on the ground nearly every day, people believe these bullshit polls whether we like it or not.

Coastie, with all due respect, we don't know who you are from Adam. And by what authority do you claim to be in a position tell Dr. Paul what to do? You could start by explaining here your authority and insights to justify your view. A few of us on this forum have worked for polling companies and have some experience. In addition, some of us have worked on presidential primary and other campaigns with some background on "we'll never win if X isn't addressed" beyond someone saying something profane.

manny
11-08-2007, 09:06 AM
It's a difficult situation. Like most at times I've wanted to hear RP come out and attack them, get angry at the bad press and loaded questions, argue about the polls etc etc ... but he always stays calm and just puts his case... And it seems to be working. I think he knows that to start to complain will just spur the press on. I think he could mention his straw poll success more. Otherwise, he is setting a great example being polite and pushing his ideas. When we see how many new donors came in for Nov 5th, it does suggest he's getting through and many people are smarter than the msm thinks.

I do think it's ok for his supporters to point out the rigged polls - for in many respects that's what they are. But be factual and honest and eventually some pundits will pick up on it, as they are when speaking now of the huge change in the "flyover area" and "dissatisfaction with the main candidates".