PDA

View Full Version : I noticed ronpaul2008.com doesn't have a link to a forum

AceNZ
11-08-2007, 02:35 AM
In their "Networking" section, they don't seem to have a link to a forum.

Has anyone suggested to them that they link to this one? It would be great to get some input from the campaign staff, even if it's only occassional. And of course the extra traffic would be cool too.

davidhperry
11-08-2007, 02:36 AM
If we act nice, maybe they will. :)

foofighter20x
11-08-2007, 02:43 AM
There's too many loose cannons that post here. I wouldn't recommend the campaign link to this site.

Also, it's imperative the campaign maintain a neat and tidy fence between official campaign and grassroots activity so there aren't any legal or campaign finance concerns or complaints.

fj45lvr
11-08-2007, 02:45 AM
they should link DAILYPAUL because it is rated G which represents Dr. Paul well.

ClayTrainor
11-08-2007, 02:46 AM
There's too many loose cannons that post here. I wouldn't recommend the campaign link to this site.

Also, it's imperative the campaign maintain a neat and tidy fence between official campaign and grassroots activity so there aren't any legal or campaign finance concerns or complaints.

I agree.. and besides, people who really want to discuss here, know how to find us on google.

Danny Molina
11-08-2007, 02:46 AM
Keep this forum away from the campaign site!

Pride
11-08-2007, 02:48 AM
This is a grassroots effort, it has nothing to do with the campaign.

AceNZ
11-08-2007, 02:49 AM

Yet they link to Meetup -- that's all grassroots activity, isn't it?

I guess I don't understand what the potential campaign finance concerns or complaints could be. Volunteering is still legal, right?

Craig_R
11-08-2007, 03:04 AM
In their "Networking" section, they don't seem to have a link to a forum.

Has anyone suggested to them that they link to this one? It would be great to get some input from the campaign staff, even if it's only occassional. And of course the extra traffic would be cool too.

these forums get a little too wild for that. This is a place for free flow of ideas for the hardcore supporters. Not a place to introduce paul to newbies

Craig_R
11-08-2007, 03:06 AM
Yet they link to Meetup -- that's all grassroots activity, isn't it?

I guess I don't understand what the potential campaign finance concerns or complaints could be. Volunteering is still legal, right?

have a good look around this site and see if you think this should be a place to send your grandmother to learn of Dr. Paul and his message

newmedia4ron
11-08-2007, 03:09 AM
NO
That would probably give the campaign legal and media problems.The media will say Ron Paul endorses vandalism and all sorts of shady stuff we discuss here.
BAD IDEA
If the official site ever links to the forums I will hold you personally accountable for RP losing.

Corydoras
11-08-2007, 03:12 AM
No, seriously, it wouldn't work out. Hang out here for a while, read old posts, do keyword searches on topics that interest you and read the threads that turn up, and eventually you'll see why not.

Welcome to the forums!

Corydoras
11-08-2007, 03:14 AM
If the official site ever links to the forums I will hold you personally accountable for RP losing.

Maybe it's the painkillers I'm on, but I got the giggles when I read that.
:p:p:p

AceNZ
11-08-2007, 03:17 AM
OK, OK. Even though a link isn't anything close to an endorsement, I get it.

Oh, BTW, RP supports free-thinking and the rights of the individual. I thought that's what this place was all about.

Nash
11-08-2007, 03:22 AM
It is but the stuff that goes on on these forums is kinda "un-presidental".

Also there are FEC problems with it. We go around spending money on signs and stuff to promote the message. If there was an coordinated link between that and the official campaign they could accuse us of donating over the cap and get the campaign into trouble.

We technically can't talk to each other (grassroots and HQ) about plans or money spending adventures without filing it with the FEC.

Corydoras
11-08-2007, 03:24 AM
Oh, BTW, RP supports free-thinking and the rights of the individual. I thought that's what this place was all about.

Please don't go away all wounded and stuff. Of course he does. But that's a very good reason why this forum, full of very rough and tumble discussion, should be completely separate from the unified, consistent presentation of the campaign.

newmedia4ron
11-08-2007, 03:24 AM
Yes we're all about the marketplace of ideas but I'm pretty sure this one is a f**kin bad idea, unless you want to hurt the campaign,...please move onto to another idea... Of course I think we have more than enough ideas already... people keep reposting the same ideas.... we have to start to actually do them.

Second_Tier_My_Ass
11-08-2007, 03:39 AM
Plus if the RP website links to this or any other forum, they can't say that any organized grassroots effort that we pull off (like thisnovember5th money bomb) was entirely independent from the official campaign, and that it's all spontaneously done by individual volunteers. Being able to say that we are doing what we do all on our own is a very big deal, and should be kept in tact.