PDA

View Full Version : Caucus States: Montana, Nebraska, Wyoming

tsai3904
12-17-2011, 02:48 PM
If you live in the following states, there are actions you can take today or be aware of to help win the caucus:

Montana

Nebraska

Wyoming

Montana

Only members of the County Central Committees can participate in the caucus process. Members of the County Central Committees are comprised of Precinct Committeemen and Precinct Committeewomen (PC). Therefore, to participate in the caucus, you must be a PC.

To become a PC, contact (call or email) the Chairman of your County GOP and ask to volunteer as a PC. Each county has their own rules on how to become a PC. Some might require you to attend two consecutive meetings while some might appoint you on the spot. When contacting the Chairman, it is important that you do not mention your support for Ron Paul.

Click here (http://www.mtgop.org/systems/file_download.ashx?pg=637&ver=3) to download a list of contacts for the County GOPs.

The deadline to become a PC and be eligible to participate in the caucus is 60 days before the County Conventions. Since the dates of the County Conventions are unknown at this time, try to become a PC as soon as possible.

Nebraska

Only delegates to the County Conventions can participate in the caucus process.

To become a candidate for delegate to the County Conventions, you must be a registered Republican, fill out a candidate for delegate form, have it notarized and send it to your local Election Commissioner or County Clerk by March 1. It is important to reiterate that you MUST have the form notarized.

Click here (http://db.tt/TPYcENVD) to download the form.

Filing the form will place your name on the May 15 primary ballot. To become a delegate to your County Convention, you must win the election amongst other candidates for delegates in your precinct. Since there are more than 1,000 precincts, many precincts will not have anyone running at all. Just by filling out the form and becoming a candidate, you will have a good shot at winning and becoming a delegate to the County Conventions.

Wyoming

By becoming a Precinct Committeeman or Precinct Committeewoman (PC), you become an automatic delegate to the County Conventions. If you are not a PC, you have to get elected at your Precinct Caucus in February to become a delegate to the County Conventions. Instead of waiting until February, you can guarantee a spot at the County Conventions today by simply becoming a PC.

To become a PC, you must be a registered Republican and there must be a vacancy for a PC in your precinct. Contact (call or email) the Chairman of your County GOP and ask to volunteer as a PC. If there is a vacancy for a PC in your precinct, the Chairman will appoint you to the position. When contacting the Chairman, it is important that you do not mention your support for Ron Paul.

Click here (http://wygop.org/county-parties/) for a list of contacts for the County GOPs.

Summary

Montana: Become a Precinct Committeeman or Precinct Committeewoman.

Nebraska: Fill out the candidate for delegate form. The form must be filed before March 1.

Wyoming: Become a Precinct Committeeman or Precinct Committeewoman.

If you know supporters in these states, please make them aware of what they need to do.

pahs1994
12-17-2011, 04:07 PM
Bump

Xenophage
12-17-2011, 05:29 PM
Don't we have any county charimen who support Ron Paul? I mean, this sounds like it's out of the '07 playbook, but I think many local GOP's have been shaken a bit since then ;)

Also, we better hope people climb on board with Ron Paul enough so that we don't have to fear discrimination, if we expect to win this thing.

But anyway, unless we know we have that support, obviously it's wiser to be discreet about your support for Paul. No candidate generates as much enthusiasm... positive OR negative!

InTradePro
12-18-2011, 05:16 PM
bump

clint4liberty
12-18-2011, 07:37 PM
Bump for individuals in these three caucus states.

JeffWhiteside
12-18-2011, 07:56 PM
For the record, in Montana, the GOP switched to a full primary for 2012. This change was made back in about June 2011. There will still be delegates elected by the central committees, however, they will be allocated to the presidential candidates based on the popular vote. While the allocations are technically non-binding, Montana has traditionally followed the allocations to a T.

It's unfortunate in that the caucus system is much easier and now we have to instead, win over the popular vote. But, it's also fortunate in that this is a non-election year for precinct committee members and the only way to get new committee people is through a 2/3 majority vote by the central committee.

Thus, I would say that the primary efforts in Montana should be to gain popular vote with a secondary goal of becoming committee people, if possible.

gerryb
12-18-2011, 10:09 PM
For the record, in Montana, the GOP switched to a full primary for 2012. This change was made back in about June 2011. There will still be delegates elected by the central committees, however, they will be allocated to the presidential candidates based on the popular vote. While the allocations are technically non-binding, Montana has traditionally followed the allocations to a T.

It's unfortunate in that the caucus system is much easier and now we have to instead, win over the popular vote. But, it's also fortunate in that this is a non-election year for precinct committee members and the only way to get new committee people is through a 2/3 majority vote by the central committee.

Thus, I would say that the primary efforts in Montana should be to gain popular vote with a secondary goal of becoming committee people, if possible.

This is incorrect. Being a delegate is still much more important. If Ron wins the popular vote, but has no delegates, the popular vote is worthless. Research the close or brokered conventions from the past. Also, being non-binding the point is mute. Maybe there is not a precedent, but "moderation in the defense of liberty is no virtue"

tsai3904
12-18-2011, 10:28 PM

I think you are wrong. It doesn't say in the bylaws that delegates are allocated based on the primary vote and there is no precedent of that happening. Montana will be similar to Missouri where this is a non binding primary and a caucus. Only the caucus will be used to determine allocation of delegates based on the people who are eligible to vote in the caucus. In Montana, the only ones eligible to vote in the caucus are PCs and it would be very difficult for them to vote in exact proportion to the primary unless there is a strict rule, which there is not.

Also, from what I understand, every county has their own requirements to become a PC. One county may require 2/3 vote of the County Central Committee while another county may require attendance in two consecutive meetings.

cucucachu0000
12-18-2011, 10:36 PM
bump

tsai3904
12-21-2011, 06:25 PM
bump

GeorgiaAvenger
12-21-2011, 06:45 PM
bump

gerryb
12-21-2011, 06:49 PM
Perry and also the Perry PAC are spending money on ads in Nebraska...

eduardo89
12-21-2011, 06:52 PM
Perry and also the Perry PAC are spending money on ads in Nebraska...

Waste of money, he'll be done by Nevada...

Drex
12-24-2011, 01:51 PM
Merry Christmas Bump!

ninepointfive
12-24-2011, 01:59 PM
I've appended this information on the delegates training site.

tsai, if you could please look at the state specific information page, and help us fill in any remaining states that would be appreciated. http://ronpauldelegates.wordpress.com/state-specific-info/

Please pm me to let me know, as I don't always see every post you make on the RPF.

+rep!

mmadness
12-25-2011, 05:10 AM
bump

Drex
02-05-2012, 10:09 PM
BUMP