PDA

View Full Version : what happened to www.teaparty07.com?

Taco John
11-08-2007, 02:08 AM
It's gone?

I've been referring people to this site like crazy, including media.

Where's it at?

john_anderson_ii
11-08-2007, 02:14 AM
Last I heard it wasn't live yet.

Have they officially announced it as being ready for production?

AMBurns
its up.

teaparty07.com (http://www.teaparty07.com)

LibertyOfOne
No it's not gone. The site works fine....

Taco John
11-08-2007, 02:27 AM
Wierd. I'm getting a 404...

Isupportliberty
11-08-2007, 02:28 AM
it's back up for me.

anyone know when the site will actually go live?

Pride
11-08-2007, 02:29 AM
It's not working for me.

JoshLowry
11-08-2007, 02:31 AM
They are probably working on it...

freeslacker
11-08-2007, 02:32 AM
Everyone relax. They're probably moving the site to a different server, and DNS changes don't affect everyone at the same time, there is a delay for some users as the changes propagate. I'm sure it'll be fine by morning.

JordanL
11-08-2007, 02:46 AM
It's bouncing around right now depending on yoru ISP.

In the mean time, you can visit http://ondecember15th.com and http://ondecember16th.com as well. :)

Input on my fliers would be appreciated: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=33922

Isupportliberty
11-08-2007, 02:50 AM
It's bouncing around right now depending on yoru ISP.

In the mean time, you can visit http://ondecember15th.com and http://ondecember16th.com as well. :)

Input on my fliers would be appreciated: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=33922

why advertise another site for this event instead of teaparty07? is it coordinated with the other site? for instance, if people sign up on your site will it be counted on the counter on teaparty07?

JordanL
11-08-2007, 03:02 AM
why advertise another site for this event instead of teaparty07? is it coordinated with the other site? for instance, if people sign up on your site will it be counted on the counter on teaparty07?

The idea is that we're going for different segments of voters with our two different designs, giving us two bites at the apple.

I've been talking to the TeaParty07 guys, and we're working on seeing how we could integrate the mail lists together.

I've also volunteered all my design work for their site as well. It's about the message, not the individual. I could care less if my name is attatched to a website, what I am concerned about is reaching as many different people and different kinds of people as possible before Dec. 15th.

ionlyknowy
11-08-2007, 03:47 AM
I think dividing up the day between two ideas or websites will only take away from the fundraising.

The reason I was attracted to the november5th one, was because I saw a ton of people planning on donating on that day, and no other. If I would have seen a couple of other "money bombs" then I might have dismissed it as just another "money bomb"

I think we need to get one good idea, like the V for Vendetta, and stick to it, get one website up and running, and promote the shit out of it.

People saw how Trevor became essentially famous for his fundraiser, and now everyone wants to do the same.

Everyone needs to really step back and take a look at why they are starting a money bomb website.

The effort should be in the promotion of the idea and day of the fundraiser....

The whole novelty of November 5th was IN ONE DAY we raised the money.

And to do that we used one site with one story behind it.

The same needs to be done this time, or risk seeing weaker numbers.

K1RBY
11-08-2007, 04:17 AM
everyone is just trying to get in on the next fundraiser for personal reason. its BS.

one day - one website

last thing we need for for people going to every site spamming multiple websites.

teaparty07.com is the only relevent website.

misconstrued
11-08-2007, 05:26 AM
Offline for me.

misconstrued
11-08-2007, 05:28 AM
everyone is just trying to get in on the next fundraiser for personal reason. its BS.

one day - one website

last thing we need for for people going to every site spamming multiple websites.

teaparty07.com is the only relevent website.

Yes, I agree 100%. Everyone needs to check their egos at the door and focus their support behind 1 site and 1 promotion.

(ok, i am supporting nov 11 because i said i would, but my main focus is the dec 16 promotion)

LBT
11-08-2007, 06:08 AM
Guys, it is not fair to attack people who add to the discussion or build new websites, offer different perspectives in videos etc.

Nov 5th grew organically as I remember. It was different people taking different initiatives. Some caught on with others while other efforts did not. And all along the way there were critics and doubters.

This type of event doesn't need, and probably doesn't benefit from a committee. The efforts that attract people will become the focus. The more efforts made, its like more products on the market, there will be a better chance of people finding what they want.

And when the more successful efforts take off, the masses will gather around those parts and people will target their efforts in that direction.

So let's all keep contributing ideas and opinions, but resist the urge to get frustrated at people who make efforts that might diverge from your own ideas. I think this thing will grow organically due to the efforts mainly of half a dozen whose ideas were great and that will grow from the thousands who get behind the end result.

I expect this will turn into a party weekend. The Saturday will be mainly to promote (but donations will likely start flowing in (maybe 500k+) and the Sunday will be the main bomb. And the Tea Party will be the major theme. But that's my guess. I'm confident it will evolve into something powerful.

James R
11-08-2007, 06:55 AM
It's gone?

I've been referring people to this site like crazy, including media.

Where's it at?

What happened is that Nathan is SLOW to get the website up and running. Its annoying. However, he has decided to let Trevor design it. I thought his Nov5th design was fair to good, so hopefully it will be fully functional soon. I feel fair in saying that because I've designed websites and think that any website designer should be able to get it up and working within hours. And by the next day I'd have an IP check system that watches for multiple submissions.

As for why its currently down, its likely on a cheap shared hosting plan that simply sucks, and the website is overloaded.

constituent
11-08-2007, 07:21 AM
yea, sorry...someone attempting to hijack the official tea party site for... i don't know, their own self-aggrandizement?

perhaps they didn't realize that teaparty07.com was already the site?

i don't suppose it really matters, but it just seems kinda like a rip, i know the site is down right now and all, but.... i'm glad word is getting out and all, but as has been mentioned, seems like that might skew the totals, confuse potential participants (over which is the site they should sign up at)

...and i dont know, a little underhanded....

me3
11-08-2007, 07:40 AM
IIRC, Trevor was the one suggesting multiple days.

I'd rather go with the guy who just broke all of the single day fund raising records, than a site that is having trouble getting online after a couple weeks.

And I think Trevor's idea for a two day event is perfect.

blahinhawaii
11-09-2007, 02:24 PM
I get page not responding for both teaparty07.com and ondecember16th.com
as well. I have 4 videos on Youtube reffering people to teaparty07...hope they at least put up an "under construction" page soon.

misconstrued
11-09-2007, 02:46 PM
Works for me now. Looks great! Love the video, but some of the titles are hard to read. Other than that great!

I'm already donated $2300, but the people I got to donate for November 5 will double up their donations this time they say and a few people who did not do participate in the first money bomb will this time...

blahinhawaii
11-09-2007, 03:11 PM
So a lot of ppl CAN get to it, which is good news. I can't. I'm on Comcast.

http://www.image-upload.net/files/6696/DNS.jpg

This is as far as I can get.

akalucas
11-09-2007, 04:16 PM
wasnt working for me too until I went to the tools section of firefox and cleared all my private data like cookies, history..etc (just kept passwords). Other people should try it and if enough people get to work that way we should make a thread about it.

blahinhawaii
11-09-2007, 05:46 PM
I cleared out temp internet and cookies to no avail then I called tech support at comcast. The tech managed to get to the teaparty07.com website with no problems and I explained to him what the site was about hehehe. Anyway he put in a ticket and I can get on now no problem.

blahinhawaii
11-09-2007, 05:49 PM
Now I can't get on again. This is getting OLD.

bjneiman
11-09-2007, 05:53 PM
I'm on for the first time...

blahinhawaii
11-10-2007, 12:16 PM
go to windows HELP in your start menu

look up "Change TCP/IP settings"

I googled "alternate DNS servers" for Comcast

put in the DNS server address you find on google

Now I can get on without any trouble

kalami
11-10-2007, 02:07 PM
with all the problems of DNS and poser sites why not just start all over?

is there a reason why teaparty07.net has copied the site design and content?