PDA

View Full Version : Operation Snow - Fundraising Idea

tbone717
12-17-2011, 12:21 PM
For those of you with strong backs, or with kids with strong backs, here is an idea for you.

Print up a flyer offering snow shoveling services and blanket your neighborhood (or a nearby one) particularly if you live in a neighborhood with older folks. You can easily make up a flyer in Word and have them printed at Staples for about a dime a piece. Charge whatever is reasonable in your area.

When it snows, wait for the phone to ring, or better yet start knocking on doors that you passed out flyers to.

When you get paid, be sure to leave them a slim jim and then, donate that money to the campaign.

It's a quick and easy way to make some extra cash that you can in turn use to help the campaign.

TER
12-17-2011, 12:40 PM
Great idea! You can advertise that part of the money will go to support Ron Paul's presidential campaign.

tbone717
12-17-2011, 12:42 PM
Great idea! You can advertise that part of the money will go to support Ron Paul's presidential campaign.

You could. I guess you would have to determine whether or nor that would help or hurt your business.

12-17-2011, 01:21 PM
Check FEC rules and be sure it's not a straw donation.

RonPaul101.com
12-17-2011, 02:39 PM
Correct, you can;t say the money goes to the Ron Paul campaign. You can only say the money goes to support the cause of Liberty or something non-discript. However, its your money as the worker and you can still donate it assuming you are not maxed out. But, you cannot say the money will be donated to the campaign.

panax
12-18-2011, 01:11 AM

12-18-2011, 01:24 AM
^Horrible idea. Respect property rights and don't touch people's cars or go on their property without permission. You'll piss people off and they will know exactly who did it.

I would flip if I looked out and saw somebody messing with my car or on my property shoveling.

panax
12-18-2011, 01:32 AM
That's why stay on the sidewalk and not their property or get their permission. Also don't do the windshield wash at their homes just at certain events. But I'm not sure that the snow shoveling is a good idea anyway. Stay off their property.

12-18-2011, 01:40 AM
Cars are peoples property as are sidewalks. Don't touch peoples property without permission.