PDA

View Full Version : TSA, Ron Paul and Sippy Cups

walt
06-16-2007, 02:26 PM

angelatc
06-16-2007, 02:53 PM
I suspect the ban on liquids is as much about their drink sales as anything. Years ago, you used to be able to get on an airplane without showing any ID. If something came up and you couldn't use your ticket, then you could sell it. The airlines tried for years to make Congress pass legislation requiring ID, so they could get paid for changing the names on the ticket. Finally, some tragedy occurred and the special interests shoved their legislation through in the name of safety. Last week my husband had to cancel an Alaskan trip and transferring the ticket to his colleague cost $800.00. Mission accomplished.

Now that we can't take our own sodas on the plane, expect to see an amazing price increase on the drinks from the cart.

edited to add: Turns out that my husband almost went to jail at the airport. He went to use his Visa card and they wanted to see his ID, which is a violation of Visa's terms of service. The clerk wouldn't bend, so he pulled out his cellphone and called 1-800-Visa911 because he's funny about stuff like that, and he really wanted a book to read on the plane. In the meantime, the guy who was running the store called security and reported "a disturbance." About 10 guards showed up. Fortunately my husband doesn't have the cynical and sarcastic attitude I have, because I'm sure I wold have been taken away in cuffs.