PDA

View Full Version : My humble T-Shirt Design

Mckarnin
11-08-2007, 01:14 AM
Not super flashy but effective, I think. I wonder what the best online place for t-shirt printing is...cafe press?

P.S. Any critique or suggestions would be accepted gladly.

http://www.forumsigs.com/users/mckarnin/shirtonline1.jpg (http://www.forumsigs.com)

literatim
11-08-2007, 01:18 AM
Let's see. The patriots dumped tea overboard and you want to call it Libertea. Are you trying to say that we are dumping liberty overboard?

justinc.1089
11-08-2007, 05:47 AM
I would hope no one is that dumb to make that mistake. But I agree if you want to use brewing go with one of the slogans being talked about, Brewing a R[evol]ution or A R[evol]ution is Brewing.

Also drop the In America. People will already understand that part so its just wasting space.

I think you should drop the pic or come up with a much smaller graphic, put the slogan bigger at the top because its what will get attention, then put the site big below it like you have, and then put the date below the site the same way you have it now.

Mckarnin
11-08-2007, 09:32 AM
Let's see. The patriots dumped tea overboard and you want to call it Libertea. Are you trying to say that we are dumping liberty overboard?

That's a good point...perhaps it is the special kinds of tea they drank after the tea party...you know the kind that wasn't overtaxed and was produced by many different growers. :-P You're right though...with this much scrutiny one has to be careful about all potential interpretations.

Katharine

Brian Bailey
11-08-2007, 09:34 AM
I like it, I think it's cute.

It's not like there has to be just one official shirt :)

Mckarnin
11-08-2007, 09:34 AM
I would hope no one is that dumb to make that mistake. But I agree if you want to use brewing go with one of the slogans being talked about, Brewing a R[evol]ution or A R[evol]ution is Brewing.

Also drop the In America. People will already understand that part so its just wasting space.

I think you should drop the pic or come up with a much smaller graphic, put the slogan bigger at the top because its what will get attention, then put the site big below it like you have, and then put the date below the site the same way you have it now.

Thanks! You're right. From a distance the words need to be most visible, not a pic.

FreeTraveler
11-08-2007, 09:35 AM
I'd drop the cutesy spelling of Libertea, and I like dropping the "in America" part too. Just make it "Liberty is Brewing".

We need to get AWAY from the "Revolution" word to appeal to a more mainstream audience... trust me on this, I'm 55. :p "Liberty is Brewing" is a strong message that will resonate with more mainstream voters than the "R" word.

dsentell
11-08-2007, 09:37 AM
I think people over-scrutinize.

Mckarnin, personally, I LOVE IT, just as it is!

dfalken
11-08-2007, 09:38 AM
Good comments freetraveler...we all love the word rEVOLution and it certainly doesn't have to go away but we need to diversify to appeal to more mainstream people. Let's not risk giving the media more ammo to just label us as a bunch of whacky zealots.

Mckarnin
11-08-2007, 09:52 AM
I'd drop the cutesy spelling of Libertea, and I like dropping the "in America" part too. Just make it "Liberty is Brewing".

We need to get AWAY from the "Revolution" word to appeal to a more mainstream audience... trust me on this, I'm 55. :p "Liberty is Brewing" is a strong message that will resonate with more mainstream voters than the "R" word.

Well since the shirt is more straightlaced than edgy...perhaps I should work on a version that just ditches the cutesy Liber"tea" spelling and leave this version as is. I can work on something "edgy" later.

Katharine

FreeTraveler
11-08-2007, 09:57 AM
Well since the shirt is more straightlaced than edgy...perhaps I should work on a version that just ditches the cutesy Liber"tea" spelling and leave this version as is. I can work on something "edgy" later.

Katharine

Great idea. In addition to those young, wild, radicals :D that are already supporting Dr. Paul, you have to draw in more of the older generations. While I don't have any problem wearing a "Revolution" shirt, many in my generation would. Everybody can proudly stand up and support Liberty, however!

Mckarnin
11-08-2007, 02:23 PM
Great idea. In addition to those young, wild, radicals :D that are already supporting Dr. Paul, you have to draw in more of the older generations. While I don't have any problem wearing a "Revolution" shirt, many in my generation would. Everybody can proudly stand up and support Liberty, however!

I removed cheesy Libertea and put the logo on a few things over at cafepress.

http://www.cafepress.com/ronpaulpresiden

texasbelle
11-08-2007, 11:00 PM
I like the Liber-tea one!!! They showed it on CNN! :)

Mckarnin
11-09-2007, 12:53 AM
I like the Liber-tea one!!! They showed it on CNN! :)

Yeah, I guess I had better put it on a couple shirts tommorow...I'll put it up tommorow as my "as seen on TV" Ron Paul logo-ed shirts. :-)