PDA

View Full Version : January 1st Ron Paul Money Bomb!

Sonya25
11-08-2007, 12:44 AM
Please help spread the word. Digg, and email to your friends and contacts. :D

http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/Donate2008_org_January_1st_Ron_Paul_Money_Bomb

AlexMerced
11-08-2007, 12:49 AM
I see I wasn't the only one to think of this (read my sig) I'll edit my groups to refer people to donate2008.org

sylvania
11-08-2007, 12:53 AM
Welcome to the forums to both of you!

Sonya25
11-08-2007, 12:55 AM
Thank you, sylvania.

AlexMerced
11-08-2007, 12:56 AM
A big january 1st would really set a huge impression on Q1 2008

Edward
11-08-2007, 01:04 AM
I would wait to see how events unfold over the next few weeks prior to committing to this one. The media will likely focus on a number of other subjects on Wednesday, January 2nd since the Iowa caucus is the following day.

Shaun
11-08-2007, 01:32 AM
No.
Get your efforts behind Dec 16th and raising 10m in one day. everything else is a side show. If we raise 10m on the 16th, he's in. It's that simple. I have no interest in any other fund raiser. The Tea party is the big time.

literatim
11-08-2007, 01:33 AM
The reason we didn't think of it because we are trying to focus on December 16th.

RonPaulFever
11-08-2007, 01:36 AM
No.
Get your efforts behind Dec 16th and raising 10m in one day. everything else is a side show. If we raise 10m on the 16th, he's in. It's that simple. I have no interest in any other fund raiser. The Tea party is the big time.

QFT

Dec. 16th is the day, folks. No more money bomb ideas until this one is over.

richard1984
11-08-2007, 01:40 AM
Besides, that's New Year's day. Most people will have been up partying all night.

I don't think that a January 1st "money bomb" is a very good idea tactically. Let's not leave the human element out of our brainstorming here--i.e., try to think things through and be realistic.

I don't mean this to be insulting, but seriously...how is that going to be successful?

Now, maybe a few days after the 1st would be good. Students will still be on break. Many working people may still be on vacation. And so forth.

We should also keep in mind that January will probably be a time of less spending since it's just after the Holidays. You know?

Taco John
11-08-2007, 01:40 AM
It's a good idea to have one waiting in the wings... We have primaries to think about. If we raise $10 million + for the tea party, and then another $2 million for New years, we'll be creating a ton of buzz leading into the primaries.

We're probably going to take in $1.5 million on Sunday. People shouldn't be so quick to dismiss these efforts.

But without a doubt, we should put our primary focus right now into teaparty07.

jake
11-08-2007, 01:43 AM
sorry, but the Tea Party (Dec.16th) has secured it's spot as THE fundraiser for the history books that will put Ron Paul in the Whitehouse.

coffeewithchess
11-08-2007, 01:44 AM
I really think that we should just have one more big one for this year...on December 31st. I think that will give people enough time to save another $100 or more and not burn their families out...I know that if I were to tell my wife I was giving another $100 before Christmas, she would not agree and put the foot down...now, if we can have one for December 31st, Christmas is already over, the gifts are given, and there is nothing but time to celebrate bringing in the new year with a bang.

fletcher
11-08-2007, 01:49 AM
Yea, I can imagine everyone waking up at noon hungover and running to their computers to donate. Please no more mention of any money bombs until after the 16th.

Taco John
11-08-2007, 01:51 AM
Strategically speaking, a January 1 moneybomb might not be the best idea. That money would have a much more profound impact on December 31st, where it could be reported in the Q4 numbers leading into the primaries.

If we can put together a fundraising figure to rival Giuliani, or even beat him, the implications of this would be staggering.

Personally, I think this effort should be aimed at putting the cherry on the cake, so to speak.

richard1984
11-08-2007, 01:55 AM
I really think that we should just have one more big one for this year...on December 31st. I think that will give people enough time to save another $100 or more and not burn their families out...I know that if I were to tell my wife I was giving another $100 before Christmas, she would not agree and put the foot down...now, if we can have one for December 31st, Christmas is already over, the gifts are given, and there is nothing but time to celebrate bringing in the new year with a bang.

I really think that we should try to not have one on New Years Eve or Day--i.e, 12/31/07 (too many people will be getting drunk) or 1/1/08 (too many people will be hungover). I would support a December 30th "money bomb," or even a January 3rd (or something) "money bomb" for those who get donation money for Christmas, who happen to have a little bit of cash left over from the holidays, etc.

ClayTrainor
11-08-2007, 02:02 AM
nov 11th and dec 16th are al lwe should think about right now, and i only mention nov 11 cause it has a bit of a kickstart... dec 16 will be the one for the record books, we really need to support it... hopefully they get their site up soon.

ronpaulhawaii
11-08-2007, 03:39 AM
There already is a money bomb avaiable to start the New Year off with a BANG. It has been in the works since before the word bomb became popular and I only changed it cause I thought the word it was kinda cool. If the people who are "thinking" these up simply want to raise money for RP, why not just use the ones already created and stop diluting the effectiveness of them? If you read my blog you will see that I am quite busy and don't have the time to promote, this effort. I am concentrating on talking to VOTERS, everyday, across this great country of ours. I could REALLY use some help promoting this bomb. So howabout everyone stop trying to re-invent the wheel and start supporting wheels which are already turning.

The 11th, the 16th, and the one in my sig. Well spaced, and well established

Thanks

newmedia4ron
11-08-2007, 04:05 AM
NO We Have Too Many Money Bombs Already. Nothing To See Here. Let This Baby Sink. Don't Promote This Money Bomb! We Want To Beat Our Nov 5 Record. Too Many Money Bombs Defeat Their Purpose. It's like "lets have Christmas everyday!". Kinda ruins the significance of the event. Stop it!

We already have these:
November 11th - Veterans Day Money Bomb (http://thisnovember11th.com)
December 16th - Boston Tea Party Money Bomb (http://www.teaparty07.com)

The next person that has a money bomb epiphany will be forced to read Joel Stein articles.:eek:

Ask yourself:
Are you canvassing?
Are you sign waving?
Are you attending GOP meetings?
Are you working on becoming a delegate?
Are you registered Republican?
Do you call radio and tv stations?
Are you circulating petitions?

curtisag
11-08-2007, 04:14 AM
I disagree with this idea. The primaries will be in January, and we need Ron Paul's Q4 2007 total to be as large as possible. It's the Q4 total that will impact the early primary states the most and create the most buzz. If we can beat the top tier in fundraising, we have won this entire election. I also disagree with the Nov. 11th money bomb, because it's way way too soon after Nov 5th. It's going to fall on it's face as a result and won't make a serious impact. I love the Dec. 16th money bomb though, lets just stick with that.

Nefertiti
11-08-2007, 05:16 AM
I agree with keeping it in Q4. And anything that happens Dec. 31 no one is going to watch or read the news about the next day.

I do think we should do SOMETHING ELSE on Jan. 1. Think bowl games and perhaps the Rose Bowl parade....Hey we should also be thinking about Macy's Thanksgiving Parade too.

misconstrued
11-08-2007, 05:19 AM
January 1 is a terrible day for a money bomb.

Buried.

wisconsinite
11-08-2007, 06:03 AM
Let's just focus on going all out for the Dec. 16th Tea Party bomb.

New Year's is a bad time. Everyone's wasted, hungover, or too absorbed in football for anything else.

jrich4rpaul
11-08-2007, 06:04 AM
One step at a time.. Dec 16th comes first

AlexMerced
11-08-2007, 09:11 AM
I agree, though I think we should still keep January 1st in back on our minds, not so much for the media, but to intimidate the other candidates.

dsentell
11-08-2007, 09:17 AM
Welcome to the forum!

We need to focus on Dec 16.

Also, we want the fourth quarter to go out with a bang and I suspect many people will be donating on the 30th or 31st to make it so (with or without a bomb)!

Sorry, I don't see Jan 1 as being a good bomb date . . . .