PDA

View Full Version : Would this work?

CaptUSA
12-16-2011, 06:07 PM
What if Ron Paul said something like this next time he's asked about his "crazy" foreign policy? With stone seriousness and perhaps some sadness in his eyes...

"You know, I was warning for years about the housing bubble, but no one wanted to listen and we ended up destroying the housing market. I was explaining exactly how the financial crisis was going to occur, and yet we still bailed out bankers and put ourselves into ridiculous amounts of debt. I was warning everyone about the rush to war in Iraq and that they didn't have WMD's, and yet we had kill thousands of people including some of our own children. I warned about the escalation in Afghanistan beyond its original mission, and now we're bogged down in an unwinnable war that's costing us huge amounts of wealth and lives. So now when they're talking about making some more serious mistakes in Iran using false information. I just get so frustrated. Sure, I get excited, but it's about time someone does. If we make this mistake, we will completely run out of money, we will needlessly kill some of our best young men and women - our sons and daughters - and we'll end up a whole lot less safer than were to begin with. We have to learn from our mistakes. The people in the military realize this which is why they support me above all the other candidates. And I feel like I'm letting them down because I can't do a good enough job convincing my own party. So yes, I'm frustrated."

It's self-depricating. It's emotional. It shows his wisdom. It demonstrates his military support. And it fits into a minute.

What do you think?

hueylong
12-16-2011, 06:10 PM
Nice, but way too long.

CaptUSA
12-16-2011, 06:13 PM
Really? It's a minute. It fits into a debate format. It fits into a response from an interviewer...

Kimmie
12-16-2011, 09:16 PM
I like it but I rather he does not say "And I feel like I'm letting them down because I can't do a good enough job convincing my own party." i think he is doing a great job. It's just the people he is trying to convince have a different agenda. "can't do a good job" seems to me like an admission of failure.