PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Sees Big Fan Growth After Last Debate - FACEBOOK

NiceneTruth
12-16-2011, 05:08 PM
http://www.insidefacebook.com/2011/12/16/ron-paul-sees-big-fan-growth-after-last-debate-this-week-on-inside-facebooks-elections-tracker/

Texas congressman Ron Paul was the biggest gainer in our Inside Facebook 2012 Election Tracker after the Republican presidential debate Thursday night — the last debate before the Iowa caucus on Jan. 3rd. Former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney also saw a surge after the debate, passing Newt Gingrich in daily new Likes for the first time in nearly a month.

Paul came into the debate rising in the polls, and he expressed strong anti-war views that might have led to increased activity on his Facebook page. Paul gained nearly twice as many new fans as Romney after the debate, though Romney continues to hold the lead as the most popular Republican presidential candidate with more than 1.2 million Likes.

Newt Gingrich’s Facebook growth ebbed and flowed slightly over the past week, as his national poll numbers dropped. Rick Perry saw a spike in new fans last weekend after the debate in Des Moines, but did not maintain momentum with this latest debate.

Herman Cain, who suspended his campaign amid allegations of sexual harassment and an extra-marital affair, continues to see a daily decrease in fans.

http://www.insidefacebook.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/Screen-Shot-2011-12-16-at-11.25.06-AM-e1324063658916.png

terryp
12-16-2011, 05:20 PM
On the surface it looks like a good sign for Dr Paul. After several days if those hold that would be a great sign. Pray they don't drop.

Feeding the Abscess
12-16-2011, 05:28 PM
Peace sells, and I'm buying.

NaturalMystic
12-16-2011, 05:28 PM
I have rode the rollacoaster called Ron Paul for awhile now. I can tell 100%, that every time I think that he may have made a misstep he comes out shining. The truth will always prevail and good overcomes evil just keep the faith. My awakening was the Guilianni moment and look how that has turned out. By the way according to the last election wasn't Iran on the verge 4 years ago? The only country that we need to worry about being on the verge of suicidal destruction is us.

Tina
12-16-2011, 05:30 PM
Peace sells, and I'm buying.
+rep

InTradePro
12-16-2011, 05:31 PM
Been monitoring this all day.

Gingrich had a spike during the debate but since dropped off and did not continue to the next day like he had from the previous debate.
Romney didn't spike as much as others but has held firm since, maybe he is ad spending at this time?
Bachmann has the biggest fall in terms of % of likes, this debates just don't help her compared to the previous "Newt Romney" that did help a little.
Perry fell during the debate(actually having negative periods) but has since recovered well. Huntsman and Santorum did well during debate but have since dropped.

In conclusion all the candidates get more likes from debates but this debate didn't effect much overall, with the exception of Bachmann who took a small hit.

braane
12-16-2011, 05:35 PM
The people have spoken.

InTradePro
12-16-2011, 05:42 PM
In the last 35 minutes

Dr Paul +60
Romney +42
Gingrich +5

It's the low figure from Gingrich that suggests his days as a front runner are numbered.