PDA

View Full Version : Bruce Fein - RP Foreign Policy Advisor on Jerry Doyle NEXT!

theczar1776
12-16-2011, 03:59 PM
http://www.talkstreamlive.com/talk_radio/jerry_doyle.stream

iamse7en
12-16-2011, 04:06 PM
Thanks for the heads up. For those that can't get stream to work... here are two sources (first two on list): http://tunein.com/search/?query=jerry+doyle&filter=live:

iamse7en
12-16-2011, 04:16 PM
Jerry says he was ready to throw support behind RP. Last night at debate, RP left Doyle with questions on Iran and his foreign policy. He doesn't want to dismiss... he wanted more information. Invited Bruce Fein, senior policy advisor to RP.

Jerry reading online reports saying it wasn't his best night at debate. Once read Bruce Fein's article at DC "billions for defense, not one cent for empire" - didn't think that article squared well with what he heard from Ron at debate.

Fein says these are complex ideas. Doesn't see inconsistency in what RP voiced. Philosophy is the same, sometimes needs further explanation than what you hear on debates. Doyle points out that Frank Luntz said RP destroyed himself because R's want strong military. (inferring RP doesn't want strong military) - Fein says that is incorrect. He wants a very strong military, that it's defending US interest and people, not being global policeman. He does not want to leave us defenseless.

Fein addressing the common attacks you hear, e.g. Abandoning Israel, etc. Doyle is being nice saying many things said about RP's foreign policy just aren't true. Fein will stay through the break. I gotta run. That's a summary for the first part.

ZanZibar
12-16-2011, 04:44 PM
We need a tube of this!?!

eok321
12-16-2011, 04:49 PM
Jerry Doyle is killing it for us here.

Just had a caller on saying she disagreed with Ron Paul and he literally left her speechless with Facts to the contrary.

Lord Xar
12-16-2011, 04:49 PM
How popular is Doyle?

braane
12-16-2011, 04:51 PM
How popular is Doyle?

It's nationally syndicated, so probably more than 1 million a day.

[EDIT]
Found this from March

The Jerry Doyle Show continues to reign as the fastest growing show in TRN Enterprises’ history, airing on over 200 affiliates nationwide, 17 of which are in the top 25 metro markets, and ranking as the 7th largest syndicated show in the nation, with over 3.75 million weekly listeners, according to Talkers Magazine.

Lord Xar
12-16-2011, 04:55 PM
It's nationally syndicated, so probably more than 1 million a day.

[EDIT]
Found this from March

The Jerry Doyle Show continues to reign as the fastest growing show in TRN Enterprises’ history, airing on over 200 affiliates nationwide, 17 of which are in the top 25 metro markets, and ranking as the 7th largest syndicated show in the nation, with over 3.75 million weekly listeners, according to Talkers Magazine.

cool. I was hoping he was big in Iowa/New Hampshire, specifically.

hazek
12-16-2011, 05:51 PM
Fein says these are complex ideas.

WTF?! Complex?! Now that just retarded. :rolleyes:

His policy is the simplest thing to explain: He would follow the rule of law and given he received credible intelligence about a possible national security threat he'd present that information to congress and if they thought it was indeed a threat he'd ask them to declare war. He'd then fight it and get it over with quick.

Why is this sooooo hard to explain? For fuck sake it's in the damn constitution... What the fuck does it matter if they're asking about Iran specifically?!

EDIT: I'm sorry for the profanity but I'm getting super pissed when I see all these idiotic attempts to explain his position of how he'd deal with a possible threat.

skyorbit
12-16-2011, 05:54 PM
This would be very interesting to listen too. Hope there's a you-tube of it shortly.

Xenophage
12-16-2011, 06:00 PM
TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOBZ

1000-points-of-fright
12-16-2011, 07:37 PM
WTF?! Complex?! Now that just retarded. :rolleyes:

His policy is the simplest thing to explain: He would follow the rule of law and given he received credible intelligence about a possible national security threat he'd present that information to congress and if they thought it was indeed a threat he'd ask them to declare war. He'd then fight it and get it over with quick.

Why is this sooooo hard to explain? For fuck sake it's in the damn constitution... What the fuck does it matter if they're asking about Iran specifically?!

EDIT: I'm sorry for the profanity but I'm getting super pissed when I see all these idiotic attempts to explain his position of how he'd deal with a possible threat.

It's simple to us because we get it. I think Fein is being strategically diplomatic... which is what we need to when trying to explain this to people. If we say, as you just did "WTF??? How can you not understand this?? It's sooo simple a 3rd grader should be able to figure it out!", you come off as condescending and turn people off, implying that they're stupid and re-enforcing their current beliefs. Instead, tell them it's complex and it takes time to understand. Then when they finally do understand, they will feel smart because they've figured out something that is supposedly too complex for most people to understand.

I know it's frustrating. Sometimes I want to shake the stupid out of people.

helmuth_hubener
12-16-2011, 08:20 PM
Complex?! Now that just retarded. :rolleyes:

His policy is the simplest thing to explain... Well, yes and no. The specifics are what people get hung up on in foreign policy, not so much the philosophy usually. Empirical data, and history especially, couteracts the neo-con foreign policy view. True information provides an injection of realism into one's worldview, and a gradual decontruction of the America-centric, America-as-World-Savior naivety that these people buy into as their view of world history. It's not so much their philosophy is *necessarily* different (though it may be), but that their information is flawed, their history is delusional, and their expectations for war's saluatory effects are impossible.

I live with (no not like that; he rents from me) a radio talk show host who is all on board with the Iraq War, proposed Iran War, War on Terror in general, ridiculous foreign beligerence, etc. etc. etc. He also is quasi-libertarian on many policy issues. I've talked to him about it, and he explained that he does want a small government, and he understands that means some of the military spending must be cut too -- you can't have a small government yet a big government military. He agreed with me (and, unknowingly, Tom Woods) that we don't need to be fighting 10-year wars to make Afghanistan safe for feminism. He basically agreed that nation-building in general is wasteful. But he thinks that nations should defend themselves, and he truly sincerely thinks that by having a war over in Iraq we've been able to kill tens of thousands of terrorists that we otherwise would not have; terrorists that pose an eminent threat to us, and that thus it is libertarianly acceptable to defend ourselves against.

So I just left it at that with him that we basically agree philosophically (defensive force is OK, aggressive force is not; that's the libertarian idea) and that we just disagree on the details. The way to convince him, I think, that Ron Paul is right and that the Iraq War was a mistake and that going into more and more wars would be a mistake, would be for him to read some history books or watch some history videos or something. Then he would understand how actually Ron Paul's foreign policy is the policy that best accomplishes his goals and priorities, and embodies his philosophy. That seems much easier than trying to change his philosophy with some kind of paradigm shift.

Anyway, sorry to be so wordy. My idea goes along with that one big post here on RPF this spring or something about persuasion. Rather than telling people they're wrong and attempting to change their world-view, we must tell them they are right and explain how our ideas agree with their world-view and are the best way to acheive their goals. You do that with information, especially historical information in the case of foreign policy, ala the new video "You Like Ron Paul, Except on Foreign Policy"
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?337674-WOW!-Amazing-New-Video-to-Convert-People-that-Like-Ron-Paul-Except-for-his-Foreign-Policy/

ord33
12-16-2011, 10:41 PM
I would love to have an audio recording of this to hear!

ZanZibar
12-16-2011, 11:53 PM
Tubez?

SchleckBros
12-16-2011, 11:56 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xw7lWUmt-yc&feature=youtu.be

lx43
12-17-2011, 12:12 AM
Thanks for the tube.

ord33
12-17-2011, 12:15 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xw7lWUmt-yc&feature=youtu.be

Thanks, appreciate it!

The Magic Hoof
12-17-2011, 12:45 AM
It's funny how many people agree with Paul and don't even realize it. Too much media.

Feelgood
12-17-2011, 12:45 AM
Yeah I was listening to this live and was screaming at the radio. Like all of a sudden he doesnt understand Ron's foreign policy and is having a hard time endorsing him. Seems to me more like his corporate Masters were telling him to behave!

ShaneEnochs
12-17-2011, 01:16 AM
Jerry Doyle is killing it for us here.

Just had a caller on saying she disagreed with Ron Paul and he literally left her speechless with Facts to the contrary.

The thing is, she agrees with everything Paul wants to do. She said something about Paul making some statements about Israel being an occupier and a few other things (which I've never heard), and she says that's the whole reason why she can't stand him.

icon124
12-17-2011, 01:45 AM
We need to get in touch with the campaign and tell them we would like a Foreign Policy ad that talks about the difference between National Defense and empire building. This interview has tons of points we could use.

1000-points-of-fright
12-17-2011, 02:36 AM
The thing is, she agrees with everything Paul wants to do. She said something about Paul making some statements about Israel being an occupier and a few other things (which I've never heard), and she says that's the whole reason why she can't stand him.

She was totally retarded. Her entire argument was Ron Paul is totally right and the Prime Minister of Israel agrees with him, except Ron Paul says the Israelis are mean therefore I can't support him.

vita3
12-17-2011, 02:52 AM
It's very complex & the issue needs an hour or so of real discussion.

Also, getting a legit team of military leaders would be way of ensuring joe=public that we will not be voting for a guy who let's America defenses down & can be trampled upon.

bluesc
12-17-2011, 05:10 AM
Yeah I was listening to this live and was screaming at the radio. Like all of a sudden he doesnt understand Ron's foreign policy and is having a hard time endorsing him. Seems to me more like his corporate Masters were telling him to behave!

I can't listen right now, but Doyle is having a hard time endorsing him? He will never endorse any of the other candidates, and he has spoken about Ron's foreign policy favorably before. I guess Ron really did come across as if he wouldn't defend the US. Ron needs to go back on Doyle's show and address this.

bluesc
12-17-2011, 07:53 AM
So after listening to the first half, it sounds like Jerry was just playing devil's advocate. He still supports Ron, he just wants his endorsement to have more impact after siding with his listeners and voicing their concerns.

Edit: Yeah, to those who think he is doing what his corporate masters tell him to, he isn't. I just heard him call out the military industrial complex and how they profit from the wars.

eok321
12-20-2011, 09:56 AM
From The Daily Paul..

http://www.dailypaul.com/194758/jerry-doyle-is-being-squeezed-by-corporate-suits-to-not-endorse-ron-paul#comments

There has been some speculation that Jerry had been influenced by the suits in radio to not endorse Ron Paul. I have been able to verify that there is some truth to that.

Over the weekend I reached out to some contacts close to the situation. Today I spoke with 2 people, who asked not to be named, that both verified Jerry has indeed been warned not to endorse Ron Paul. Most of us who have been following Jerry for a while are not surprised by this.

I was told today that despite the intense pressure on him to not endorse Ron Paul, don't be surprised if tomorrow Jerry ignores the warnings and opens his show with an endorsement right out of the gate.

We need as many ears as possible listening to what happens tomorrow just in case he gets censored in any way. In the event that he does come out with an endorsement, I would encourage all of us to call in to the show to thank him and show our support for him. We need to blow up the phone lines and show him that we have his back.

liveandletlive
12-20-2011, 10:15 AM
Jerry Doyle vs. The Man

hopefully he doesnt cower and endorses Ron Paul

i dont care much for endorsements. If you need some famous person telling you who to vote for you are an idiot. But i know how perception of whos electable is so influential

bluesc
12-20-2011, 10:21 AM
From The Daily Paul..

http://www.dailypaul.com/194758/jerry-doyle-is-being-squeezed-by-corporate-suits-to-not-endorse-ron-paul#comments

There has been some speculation that Jerry had been influenced by the suits in radio to not endorse Ron Paul. I have been able to verify that there is some truth to that.

Over the weekend I reached out to some contacts close to the situation. Today I spoke with 2 people, who asked not to be named, that both verified Jerry has indeed been warned not to endorse Ron Paul. Most of us who have been following Jerry for a while are not surprised by this.

I was told today that despite the intense pressure on him to not endorse Ron Paul, don't be surprised if tomorrow Jerry ignores the warnings and opens his show with an endorsement right out of the gate.

We need as many ears as possible listening to what happens tomorrow just in case he gets censored in any way. In the event that he does come out with an endorsement, I would encourage all of us to call in to the show to thank him and show our support for him. We need to blow up the phone lines and show him that we have his back.

Interesting. If he throws a big FU to the man, he will likely lose syndication in a lot of markets like he did last time. We need to have his back if he does the right thing.

Feeding the Abscess
12-20-2011, 10:34 AM
Interesting. If he throws a big FU to the man, he will likely lose syndication in a lot of markets like he did last time. We need to have his back if he does the right thing.

I'm fine with him keeping his job and bashing Romney, Newt, Bachmann, and Perry instead of endorsing Paul.

bluesc
12-20-2011, 02:02 PM
So.. The post was taken down from the DP and I heard nothing about an endorsement coming out. Anyone know what happened?

Student Of Paulism
12-20-2011, 02:07 PM
Jerry is starting right now, should be an interesting show...

bluesc
12-20-2011, 02:08 PM
Jerry is starting right now, should be an interesting show...

Yeah I'm listening.

bluesc
12-20-2011, 02:08 PM
HE ENDORSED HIM!

Kords21
12-20-2011, 02:09 PM
stream?

Student Of Paulism
12-20-2011, 02:10 PM
JERRY JUST ENDORSED RON!!!!! GOOD FOR YOU, JERRY!!!! :D :D :D

http://www.kdwn.com/streamer/

eok321