PDA

View Full Version : Doherty: Ron Paul Rocks the Debates, Draws Fire, and if He Wins Iowa? Never Mind!

Lucille
12-16-2011, 02:15 PM
Brian blogs his debate highlights, media reactions, and other Paul-related news.

Ron Paul Rocks the Debates, Draws Fire, and if He Wins Iowa? Never Mind! (http://reason.com/blog/2011/12/16/ron-paul-rocks-the-debates-and-draws-fir)

*The New Yorker notes how much his own party hates Paul, and muses on the meaning of Paul's love for Bastiat's The Law, managing to give some feeble hat tips toward Paul's good qualities:

[His fans] love that he’s not owned by and not for sale to any corporate interests—and for this reason, as well as his isolationist repudiation of America’s post-9/11 wars, he draws followers from the ranks of Occupy Wall Street protesters as well as from the Tea Party. And the conspicuous (and, frankly, inexcusable) extent to which he’s been ignored by the national press has only confirmed the conviction of his supporters that he is speaking truth to power.

Lately, for instance, he has been on a tear against the legalization by Congress (with Obama Administration support) of indefinite detention without charge of suspects in terrorism cases under the National Defense Authorization Act. “This should be the biggest news going right now—literally legalizing martial law,” Paul says. A good point: we should leave it to our enemies to announce and define themselves by such laws, and the fact that Paul is the only Presidential candidate to call attention to the outrage makes it an even greater cause for despair.

He IS speaking truth to power! I have to believe the American people are taking note of the similar visceral reactions from all pundits left and right, and the statist press, and are saying to themselves, "Why do they all sounds alike? Maybe this guy's onto something..."

I also can't believe the NDAA didn't come up last night, but then again, I can.

sailingaway
12-16-2011, 02:22 PM
I officially love Doherty now. I can't wait to buy his book on Ron Paul. When is it out, again?

Carole
12-16-2011, 02:53 PM
Thanks. That article was well-worth the read and certainly covered a lot of territory and did rather well.

Even the silly Maddow tube was worth watching for the motivation alone. :D

Johncjackson
12-16-2011, 03:12 PM
I officially love Doherty now. I can't wait to buy his book on Ron Paul. When is it out, again?

May 15 according to Amazon.