PDA

View Full Version : The real reason behind Huckabee (GOP is gonna screw us)

Matt Collins
11-08-2007, 12:27 AM
I figured it out today while flying across the country.

The religious right can vote for Paul or they can vote for Huckabee. They won't vote for anyone else. The old time conservatives and the fiscal conservatives will vote for Thompson. Huckabee will be dividing the Christian vote among Paul and Huckabee. This means that Fred will walk away with the nomination because Paul is getting votes taken from him on two fronts: Fred is taking away the conservative votes, and Huck is taking the Christian votes away from Ron.

This will give Fred a majority, however narrow, to take the whole thing.

Duckman
11-08-2007, 12:30 AM
Nah. Fred Thompson is going nowhere. His poll numbers are in steady decline. He recently joked he would not be the nominee.

rodent
11-08-2007, 12:31 AM

The religious right can vote for Paul or they can vote for Huckabee. They won't vote for anyone else. The old time conservatives and the fiscal conservatives will vote for Thompson. Huckabee will be dividing the Christian vote among Paul and Huckabee. This means that Fred will walk away with the nomination because Paul is getting votes taken from him on two fronts: Fred is taking away the conservative votes, and Huck is taking the Christian votes away from Ron.

I don't know if this is legit. They had Pat Robertson endorse Giuliani. I think they're trying to herd the mindless Christians cattle into a the Giuliani slaughterhouse, not the tainted Huckabee pasture.

As I've stated before, the revolution's life is in the hands of intelligent, well-articulated Christians who can explain to and save their friends from the unfortunate scenarios I've described above.

FrankRep
11-08-2007, 12:34 AM
In either case Huckabee will steal some Christian votes from us.

austin356
11-08-2007, 12:36 AM
Get out of Tennessee and you will see things different.

Fred is not going anywhere. He is losing ground fast here in his 2nd most popular state. The student newspaper even picked up today on how hes turning into a bummer even in Alabama.

Huckabee hurts us with the Christian Evangelicals very very much. But may help us overall.

RonPaulFever
11-08-2007, 12:41 AM
A Giuliani/Huckabee ticket is the most likely scenario at this point, but that could change....however, I can't help but think that RP is going to be forced into a 3rd party candidacy. It's almost assured that his support is going to continue to expand ridiculously, but let's face it, the GOP doesn't want him and never will. After some impressive finishes and possibly outright victories in the primaries he'll have a ton of cash and support behind him, but it will never be enough to win over the GOP; and with all that momentum, he won't be able to just bow out....and we know where that leaves him.

Jobarra
11-08-2007, 12:42 AM
Hey hey, Alabama loves Paul :D

Noticed something funny today on the Delegate listing for Alabama. Rudy almost got complete coverage, but he's missing a delegate for one of the districts. Just about everyone else has extras. Curious about Cord and Tancredo. They have NO delegates. How can they win the state? Keyes and Hunter both had ONE delegate. Again, how can they win the state?

Jobarra
11-08-2007, 12:45 AM
A Giuliani/Huckabee ticket is the most likely scenario at this point, but that could change....however, I can't help but think that RP is going to be forced into a 3rd party candidacy. It's almost assured that his support is going to continue to expand ridiculously, but let's face it, the GOP doesn't want him and never will. After some impressive finishes and possibly outright victories in the primaries he'll have a ton of cash and support behind him, but it will never be enough to win over the GOP; and with all that momentum, he won't be able to just bow out....and we know where that leaves him.
I've already stated that barring any major change in his stance on issues, I'll be voting Ron Paul even if I have to write it in.

If it's Hillary vs. Rudy, I think third party has a very good chance.

RonPaulFever
11-08-2007, 12:48 AM
I've already stated that barring any major change in his stance on issues, I'll be voting Ron Paul even if I have to write it in.

If it's Hillary vs. Rudy, I think third party has a very good chance.

I'll be writing him in as well.

I know RP has said he'll never run 3rd party, but things change dramatically in very little time as we have already witnessed. Honestly, this is the only scenario I can envision for RP to win. Intrade currently rates him over three times more likely to run independent than as the GOP nominee. A Rudy vs. Hillary vs. Paul would be "duck soup" for the good doctor. :)

MsDoodahs
11-08-2007, 12:52 AM
I heard today that Grassley is going after the top monied preachers.

I think the timing smells to high heaven. I think it is intended to get their followers up in arms, get them angry - which will get them united - a sort of booster shot for mindlessness, you might say.

The ministers who are "under attack" will have especially sympathetic and especially angry followers who are more receptive to voting whichever way they're told to vote.

JMO.

Matt Collins
11-08-2007, 12:52 AM
Get out of Tennessee and you will see things different.

Fred is not going anywhere. He is losing ground fast here in his 2nd most popular state. The student newspaper even picked up today on how hes turning into a bummer even in Alabama.

Huckabee hurts us with the Christian Evangelicals very very much. But may help us overall.
Yes, I see a bit differently because Fred lives in my town and is friends with the hosts of my radio station. Consequently he is reported on all the time.

But the reason Fred is such a threat to us from the common voter is that his name recognition is HUGE.

Matt Collins
11-10-2007, 03:40 PM
Bump

werdd
11-10-2007, 04:51 PM
I think youve been thinking too hard, Fred is going nowhere, even he knows it. His run flopped, so they tried to reinforce huckabee, and hes not taking so now they are looking to bloomberg. It's anyone but Ron Paul, and giuliani is good because 9/11. Not many people are going to buy that, and its purely name recognition at this point. Also not to mention hardly ever in history has a front runner leading up to the primarys actually ended up getting the nomination.

Matt Collins
11-10-2007, 05:24 PM
Fred is going nowhere, even he knows it.... Not many people are going to buy that, and its purely name recognition at this point. You just refuted yourself.

Fred CAN get the nomination if only because of name recognition. He's got more than anyone.

That's why we need to attack his policies and history has hard as possible as well as Huck's.

Indy Vidual
11-10-2007, 06:20 PM
Fred is going nowhere, except straight down.
Huckabee is getting hyped, maybe for VP later.

Brutus
11-10-2007, 11:53 PM
The most effective line of reasoning I have is, "If you love your country why would you intentionally bankrupt it?" The point out that the people that they support have no intention to do anything to change the direction of the country. Bankruptcy is a moral issue -- though shalt not steal. This gets through to some of them that the biggest threat to the country isn't somebody with a funny name who lives in the middle east -- sometimes. However, since most of them voted for Bush twice it is a bitter pill to swallow.

Midnight77
11-10-2007, 11:57 PM
If Paul would not secure the nomination, but I'm not thinking that way at this point with how much momentum our campaign has gained, then I will also be writing him in, and I think we all should.

I honestly don't see Fred going anywhere. Media has even called him "lazy" to his face. He doesn't even want the nomination.

xao
11-11-2007, 12:53 AM
You just refuted yourself.

Fred CAN get the nomination if only because of name recognition. He's got more than anyone.

That's why we need to attack his policies and history has hard as possible as well as Huck's.

closet fred supporter? lol

Ethek
11-11-2007, 11:51 AM
Huckabee was sucking up to Rudy on Face the nation. I got an overall impression that he was selling out right there that minute on national TV. Huckabee is already pandering for the VP slot with Rudy.

Matt Collins
11-11-2007, 04:41 PM
closet fred supporter? lolHell no... but I live in Nashville where Fred is huge and tend to get a larger dose of him than everyone else I guess (unfortunately).

ConstitutionGal
11-11-2007, 04:52 PM
Hell no... but I live in Nashville where Fred is huge and tend to get a larger dose of him than everyone else I guess (unfortunately).

Why should you be different? :D

I'm so sick of Fred that I could SCREAM!!! Every darned radio host that advertises themeselves as 'conservative' around here ALL sing Fred's praises. What just slays me is that most all of them say they agree with Dr. Paul on EVERY single issue EXCEPT the war!! I keep hoping they'll get their eyes open but I ain't holding my breath. Heck, one of them (who's been REALLY snippy to Dr. Paul after he was off the air, of course) has written a book about Fred!! To REALLY top it all off, every single one of our Republican state senators and representatives have officially endorsed Fred!! I tell you, it's getting sickening here in Tennessee!

With that being said, whenever we run across a Fred supporter, we ask them one question - WHY do you support Fred? Not ONE has been able to give us a straight up answer and you can just see them starting to question their stance when they can NOT actually give us an answer!! It's priceless!

Another way we've been causing Freddie some grief is to inform people that have Fred '08 AND pro-life bumper stickers on their cars (and there are PLENTY of those around here) is that Fred used to lobby for an abortion rights group!! Not an issue that I generally talk about much but it sure is starting to cause the FredHeads nightmares as the stories are becoming more widespread here :D

dsentell
11-11-2007, 04:55 PM
Hell no... but I live in Nashville where Fred is huge and tend to get a larger dose of him than everyone else I guess (unfortunately).

Fortunately, I believe Fred is only huge in Nashville and Tennessee now. Right now, it seems his light has gone out . . . .

ConstitutionGal
11-11-2007, 04:59 PM
Dr. Paul running as a third-party candidate is NOT an option (especially at this point). Please remember that most people are not yet paying attention to the elections and won't be until after the primaries. If Dr. Paul doesn't win the Repbublican nomination, he will NOT be allowed into the debates and, therefore, most people will never even hear him! Michael Peroutka, who ran on the Constitution Party ticket during the last election cycle sounded a LOT like Dr. Paul and, yet, because he ran on a third-party ticket, most people never even heard his name mentioned!!

It's Repbublican nomination or bust right now so that's where we must keep our sights set!

Matt Collins
11-17-2007, 02:51 PM
Dr. Paul running as a third-party candidate is NOT an option (especially at this point). Please remember that most people are not yet paying attention to the elections and won't be until after the primaries. If Dr. Paul doesn't win the Repbublican nomination, he will NOT be allowed into the debates and, therefore, most people will never even hear him! Michael Peroutka, who ran on the Constitution Party ticket during the last election cycle sounded a LOT like Dr. Paul and, yet, because he ran on a third-party ticket, most people never even heard his name mentioned!!

It's Repbublican nomination or bust right now so that's where we must keep our sights set!

I was talking to Phil Valentine last Monday and told him I was not going to let Fred get his own state. I told him Ron Paul would take Tennessee.

I said "if I have anything to do with it, and I do, I will not let Fred win Tennessee"

Matt Collins
11-24-2007, 08:20 PM
Fortunately, I believe Fred is only huge in Nashville and Tennessee now. Right now, it seems his light has gone out . . . .

It's all name recognition unfortunately and he's got it.

Corydoras
11-24-2007, 09:00 PM
Yeah, Matt, but don't you think eventually this story will break?
(explicit language warning, NSFW)
http://wonkette.com/politics/supposedly-gay-republicans-dept/fred-thompson-rumor-watch-273843.php

sharedvoice
11-24-2007, 09:07 PM

No way. I expect Thompson to drop out early January along with Huckabee. They can't possibly continue to "Super Tuesday" without the having the support nationwide. Niether one will win Iowa or NH.

Matt Collins
11-27-2007, 11:35 PM
No way. I expect Thompson to drop out early January along with Huckabee. They can't possibly continue to "Super Tuesday" without the having the support nationwide. Niether one will win Iowa or NH.

What are you talking about? I dont think either will drop out. Fred has the money, and Huck has the media support.

RevolutionSD
11-28-2007, 12:20 AM
I'll be writing him in as well.

I know RP has said he'll never run 3rd party, but things change dramatically in very little time as we have already witnessed. Honestly, this is the only scenario I can envision for RP to win. Intrade currently rates him over three times more likely to run independent than as the GOP nominee. A Rudy vs. Hillary vs. Paul would be "duck soup" for the good doctor. :)

Paul has never said "I will not run as an independent". He ALWAYS says "I have no plans to do that and that would be very difficult..."

BIG difference.
If he's anywhere near the top in the GOP but doesn't win, he'll run indy you can take that to the bank!

Matt Collins
11-28-2007, 11:57 AM
Paul has never said "I will not run as an independent". He ALWAYS says "I have no plans to do that and that would be very difficult..."

BIG difference.
If he's anywhere near the top in the GOP but doesn't win, he'll run indy you can take that to the bank!

Unfortunately if he does run 3rd or independent, that means that Hillary gets elected because all of us will NOT be voting GOP.

The GOP had better realize this that if RP doesn't get their nomination, it's Hillary time! :(

klamath
11-28-2007, 12:12 PM
I think people are way under estimating huck. I can see him winning Iowa losing NH wining SC and then making a run though the south.
I believe it is because the media is hyping him. When you think about it he would be the weakest republican against the Democrats. The Christian right has blown it bad with the independents and all other swing voters. Now combine a Hypocritical preacher with prowar and you have a landslide defeat to the Democrats.

Tim724
11-28-2007, 12:14 PM
The best praise of Fred Thompson I have ever heard was from Tucker Carlson.

Tucker has said he kindof likes the idea of a lazy president who doesn't want to do very much. No new government programs, not going all the world intervening with other countries, not starting wars.

I have to agree that a guy who didn't do much of anything, and perhaps initiated a few conservativish policies at the margin would be alot better than Hillary or probably any other democrat.

Although a lot of big problems would continue to fester that we really need Ron Paul to fix.

Matt Collins
11-28-2007, 01:07 PM
Tucker has said he kindof likes the idea of a lazy president who doesn't want to do very much. No new government programs, not going all the world intervening with other countries, not starting wars. Yeah but that also means a lot of bad stuff is going to go down on his watch because he wont be there to say no.

Fred won't actually begin to dismantle all of the unconstitutional things our federal government does, Ron Paul will

Matt Collins
11-29-2007, 11:48 AM
Bump

werdd
11-29-2007, 11:54 AM
stop bumping a substanceless thread, huckabee is going nowhere, and the msm just artificially inseminated him into the limelight. No man with the name huckabee will be president, hard and cold fact.

Matt Collins
11-30-2007, 12:35 PM
stop bumping a substanceless thread, huckabee is going nowhere, and the msm just artificially inseminated him into the limelight. No man with the name huckabee will be president, hard and cold fact.
Huckabee is running for VP.

And he IS going places actually which means he is becoming a bigger threat.

Huck has the greatest chance to take votes away from Ron. We need to counter this.