PDA

View Full Version : I just had an idea to promote Ron Paul in malls

JimInNY
12-16-2011, 12:40 PM
For a nominal investment, I could put together a cabinet housing a cheap dvd player with a cheap flat screen monitor on top. I am going to inquire at our local mall about how much it would cost to set this up in the mall for a few months. The idea would be to compile a 10 minute Ron Paul campaign video with pertinent information about how to support Ron Paul in the Republican primary for my state (or any other state) and just have it play over and over again 24/7.

If we could get one of these in every mall in the country, I think it might help a lot.

Any care to comment? Or any good video editors out there will to make a compilation?

ShaneEnochs
12-16-2011, 12:48 PM
Your primary is in April. I'm going to guess that we'll probably have a nominee by then. However, I think it would be a fantastic idea for someone in one of the earlier states.

frickettz
12-18-2011, 03:54 PM
Interesting idea.. I'm imagining a decent flat screen tv with low audio that just streams all RP's youtube videos. Once the message is heard without any spin It's hard to ignore. People would naturally draw to it to see what it's all about.

ShaneEnochs
Your primary is in April. I'm going to guess that we'll probably have a nominee by then. However, I think it would be a fantastic idea for someone in one of the earlier states.

How does this work? Republican party picks their nominee even before all the states have their caucuses?? I didn't know that... what's the point in the other states even voting then?

Drex
12-18-2011, 04:28 PM
I was thinking set up a flash mob in the malls?

ShaneEnochs
12-18-2011, 04:46 PM
Interesting idea.. I'm imagining a decent flat screen tv with low audio that just streams all RP's youtube videos. Once the message is heard without any spin It's hard to ignore. People would naturally draw to it to see what it's all about.

How does this work? Republican party picks their nominee even before all the states have their caucuses?? I didn't know that... what's the point in the other states even voting then?

Whoever isn't in the top four in Iowa is likely to drop out. The top four will probably be Paul, Gingrich, Romney, and Bachmann. Santorum and Huntsman won't be able to garner much in the way of donations after that, so they'll have no choice. Then we have NH, which will be a toss-up between Romney and Paul. Romney will likely take first, though. Gingrich will likely take third. After that, Bachman's donations dry up. That's going to leave us with three candidates. Depending on Paul's momentum after a first in Iowa and second in New Hampshire, he MAY be able to take South Carolina. He will probably take second or third in Florida. Then comes Nevada, a caucus state. I'd say we've got that one in the bag. At that point, I'm going to predict either Romney or Gingrich will drop out. So then it's going to be a two man race. Eventually, sometime before April, it's likely the last person will drop out. Hopefully that last person isn't Paul.

That being said, if some wanted to be particularly hard-headed, they could go all the way through the primary season, but I don't think it's likely with this list of candidates.

RDM
12-18-2011, 06:06 PM
You're forgetting one scenario. The "surprise" GOP candidate hiding behind the curtain that could pop out in February. The low tier candidates can take whatever delegates they earned up to that point and give them to the "new" surprise candidate.

ZanZibar
12-18-2011, 07:07 PM
Your best bet is to make phone calls through the campaign's phone-from-home system. Short of that, the next best thing you can do is get the voter rolls (or access to Voter Vault by the GOP) and go precinct walking giving literature to the likely Republican voters.

FriedChicken
12-18-2011, 07:43 PM
I like this idea but I do think it would be more wisely invested into the early states- I'd actually say to skip Iowa and go to NH, NV and SC.
A decent sized screen, low audio and a sign up sheet to volunteer or get more information.

A station in the large malls in the early states could be quite effective methinks ... however, I have no idea how much it will cost. I'm guessing the price will go way down after new years, but so will the traffic.

The big question is if this is the best use of the money or if mailers and magazine ads is better.