PDA

View Full Version : Surprise! Limbaugh is dissing Ron Paul...

wgadget
12-16-2011, 12:34 PM
He's got a new mock-up of Ron Paul, which isn't funny in the least, nor even entertaining.

He is arguing about Ron's policies, and not making any sense. I'm thinking a lot of people listening must be thinking Ron Paul is RIGHT.

I listen so you don't have to.

freejack
12-16-2011, 12:38 PM
Thanks for taking one for the team. I tried listening to him on the way to work yesterday and was yelling in my car. Probably best not to do that again.

ShaneEnochs
12-16-2011, 12:39 PM
What is he saying, exactly?

wgadget
12-16-2011, 12:41 PM
He's just saying what Ron Paul said in a stupid voice. He's saying Ron Paul blames America first. He agrees with a woman who says Ron is Obama on steroids. WHICH I find ironic.

PWright
12-16-2011, 12:44 PM
Rush's attempt to make fun of Ron on his foreign policy statements last night was amazing!

1) He played almost the entire thing unedited. (Left out the part where Ron said he didn't want Iran to get nukes of course)
2) As he played it, instead of actually debating against it and saying why it was wrong, he attempted to make fun of it using a childish mocking voice.

He had no substance whatsoever in his criticism and exposed his listeners to the statements made by Paul.

Kudos to Rush :)

He also bashed the fact checks on Newt/Romney/Perry but failed to mention the one about Bachmann.

davidhperry
12-16-2011, 12:45 PM
No offense to OP, but I'm really tired of "(insert name here) is trashing Ron Paul" posts. Do they serve a purpose or should I continue to ignore them?

VictorB
12-16-2011, 12:48 PM
Who cares? Stop listening to him and Hannity. All we are doing is promoting traffic for their shows.

wgadget
12-16-2011, 12:48 PM
Rush's attempt to make fun of Ron on his foreign policy statements last night was amazing!

1) He played almost the entire thing unedited. (Left out the part where Ron said he didn't want Iran to get nukes of course)
2) As he played it, instead of actually debating against it and saying why it was wrong, he attempted to make fun of it using a childish mocking voice.

He had no substance whatsoever in his criticism and exposed his listeners to the statements made by Paul.

He also bashed the fact checks on Newt/Romney/Perry but failed to mention the one about Bachmann.

That's exactly what my 16 year old daughter said when she heard it. She said, "He's getting more people to listen to Ron Paul!" She really didn't get his point, since she thought what Ron said was right. LOL

rolle
12-16-2011, 12:49 PM
DId anyone listen to beck this morning? Did he have anything to say about Ron Vs. Bachmann?

wgadget
12-16-2011, 12:49 PM
No offense to OP, but I'm really tired of "(insert name here) is trashing Ron Paul" posts. Do they serve a purpose or should I continue to ignore them?

Go ahead and ignore if you want.

Rush has a lot of listeners, who are highly gullible. Just thought it would be nice to know the angle of the spin.

Steppenwolf6
12-16-2011, 12:50 PM

Clap clap.
Enough already,out of here the bad news and the clowns.

Steppenwolf6
12-16-2011, 12:51 PM
Who cares? Stop listening to him and Hannity. All we are doing is promoting traffic for their shows.
Exactly.
Is it so hard to get?
How did this forum become rupert murdoch promotional machine for God's sake?!

ctiger2
12-16-2011, 12:52 PM
I listen so you don't have to.

Thank You ! Never listened to Limbaugh before and never will.

sparebulb
12-16-2011, 12:54 PM
Go ahead and ignore if you want.

Rush has a lot of listeners, who are highly gullible. Just thought it would be nice to know the angle of the spin.

Thank you for keeping an eye/ear on the enemy.

dannno
12-16-2011, 01:01 PM
As he played it, instead of actually debating against it and saying why it was wrong, he attempted to make fun of it using a childish mocking voice.

Agreed.

Proving to his listeners he has no real arguments to make against him.

fcofer
12-16-2011, 01:07 PM
Thank you for keeping an eye/ear on the enemy.

Exactly. Those of us who are daily fighting the battle to convert people (not on the Internet) need to be kept on top of the mass-media spin so that we can counter it.

And I don't want to listen to Rush. +rep to OP.

Fr0m_3ur0pe
12-16-2011, 01:08 PM
He's saying Ron Paul blames America first. He agrees with a woman who says Ron is Obama on steroids. WHICH I find ironic.

What??? He is Robert Taft on steroids!!

Todd38
12-16-2011, 01:21 PM
What??? He is Robert Taft on steroids!!

The average Republican doesn't know who Robert Taft is or what he stood for, that's the problem, Paul has to educate them and so do we!

cavalier973
12-16-2011, 01:29 PM
Switch to Jerry Doyle and Free Talk live

cavalier973
12-16-2011, 01:30 PM
I tweeted the show for a few minutes (mainly, I called Rush names and griped)
http://twitter.com/#!/

Steele
12-16-2011, 01:31 PM
I heard the (fake commercial) on Ron Paul and my first thought was, "That's it?"

If anyone really listened to the words they might actually find themselves agreeing with them, or at least questioning why they should disagree.

eqcitizen
12-16-2011, 01:39 PM
Dont forget the great maxim, there is no such thing as bad press. The more people talk about Ron (even in a bad light) the more people will pay attention to him when they see or hear him. This is good news because he makes sense when he is given the chance.

Jamesiv1
12-16-2011, 01:45 PM
Dont forget the great maxim, there is no such thing as bad press. The more people talk about Ron (even in a bad light) the more people will pay attention to him when they see or hear him. This is good news because he makes sense when he is given the chance.

That's a very good point. What if they weren't talking about Ron at all? that would suck greatly. Hearing the bozos talk about Ron Paul I think will get the casual voter to say "hmmm.... maybe I better check this guy out?"

wgadget
12-16-2011, 01:45 PM
He just played Newt's "zany" diatribe, and then said that everybody except Ron Paul had a good night last night. He said Ron Paul didn't have a good night.

Seque to Hayek's "Road to Serfdom" plug. LOL

wgadget
12-16-2011, 01:46 PM
I heard the (fake commercial) on Ron Paul and my first thought was, "That's it?"

If anyone really listened to the words they might actually find themselves agreeing with them, or at least questioning why they should disagree.

Yeah, it was boring. It was, "What is the point, Rush?"

Then he played the real Ron. Thanks, RUSH!

wgadget
12-16-2011, 01:46 PM

double post

Havax
12-16-2011, 01:48 PM
Let's see how many of these people will be laughing at Ron and wanting more war when the dollar collapses.

ShaneEnochs
12-16-2011, 01:48 PM
I'm embarrassed that I used to have a subscription to his podcast.

abruzz0
12-16-2011, 01:49 PM
Dennis Prager's been pissing me off a lot lately. Someone called his show the other day and said, "If you're for small government, how can you support our militarism?" And Prager goes into the "well, that's the libertarian critique." And he goes out of his way to bash Ron Paul, throwing out that "he blames America" card that seems to be the neo-con favorite, since they're cream themselves at the thought of going to war with Iran.

wgadget
12-16-2011, 01:50 PM
Let's see how many of these people will be laughing at Ron and wanting more war when the dollar collapses.

Did you hear that 8 global banks were downgraded by Fitch? Including BofA.

S.Shorland
12-16-2011, 01:51 PM
I hope someone rang in and mentioned the moneybomb?

Todd38
Dennis Prager's been pissing me off a lot lately. Someone called his show the other day and said, "If you're for small government, how can you support our militarism?" And Prager goes into the "well, that's the libertarian critique." And he goes out of his way to bash Ron Paul, throwing out that "he blames America" card that seems to be the neo-con favorite, since they're cream themselves at the thought of going to war with Iran.

Prager is a militant Jewish Zionist, of course he supports America fighting new wars against the enemies of Israel.

cavalier973
Yeah, Rush played Ron's exact words, but in a goofy voice, and thinks that's clever parody.

Muttonhead Limbaugh is a contemptible buffoon.

bunklocoempire
12-16-2011, 01:55 PM

The Eric Cartman of radio.

dannno
12-16-2011, 01:56 PM
I'm embarrassed that I used to have a subscription to his podcast.

His podcast, wow!!

I'm still embarrassed that I read his books....16 years ago :p

ShaneEnochs
12-16-2011, 01:57 PM
His podcast, wow!!

Yeah... =\

dannno
12-16-2011, 02:00 PM
Ron Paul Puts on the Tinfoil Hat

http://www.rushimg.com/cimages//media/rushparodies/rushronpaultinhat2/913166-1-eng-GB/RushRonPaulTInHat.jpg

iamse7en
12-16-2011, 03:11 PM
If you want to get your blood boiling...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WP9K-1EfrBc&feature=player_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=fs7gePYamYo

jbuttell
12-16-2011, 03:15 PM
that's clearly not a tinfoil hat, it's a Hershey Kiss!

heavenlyboy34
12-16-2011, 03:15 PM
His podcast, wow!!

+1

heavenlyboy34
12-16-2011, 03:16 PM
Yeah, Rush played Ron's exact words, but in a goofy voice, and thinks that's clever parody.

Muttonhead Limbaugh is a contemptible buffoon.
Don't you know? That's the standard for a counter-argument now! ;)