PDA

View Full Version : Next campaign ad: The nuclear Iran question

hazek
12-16-2011, 10:10 AM
Ron sitting in chair in front of a camera;

"In the last debate I was posed a series of questions in regards to a national security threat posed by a nuclear Iran. As your president this is how I'd address any such potential threat:
First I'd follow the rule of law, the U.S. Constitution. Meaning if I received credible intelligence of a real threat that wasn't imminent, I'd present it to the congress and if they thought it was a real threat I'd ask for a deceleration of war. Then I'd be all out, I'd know exactly who to fight, fight it and get it over with fast!
Second I'd do my utmost to exhaust all the other diplomatic options first. I'd try and make use of some 12000 diplomats of ours and try and talk things out before they escalate into another needless war that would cost unnecessary American lives and worsen our financial situation. I strongly believe this is what our founders believed to be a sensible foreign policy and what I believe is the only true conservative foreign policy."

Ron Paul 2012 Restore America now logo with "I'm Ron Paul and I approve this message" ending;

BOOM, election won.-

dfb
12-16-2011, 10:45 AM
I do believe an ad must be presented that confronts the negative impression that many republicans have with his foreign policy. An ad similar to this would be great. Everyone hears that he is weak, or would be weak but do not see that if push comes to shove he would probably be the most feared president. If pushed he would put as few americans in harms way by using overwhelming force and then come home. Can you imagine Japan if the Truman adminstration had tried to do something like Bush and Obama have done in Iraq and Afghanistan.

He must be firm that if attacked or with evidence of a planned attack he would use all means at his disposal.

The real question in Iran is what are these other candidates really going to do? A few airstrikes will not stop their program. Will they commit to going to a full scale war if elected. It sounds great to stand up and say you will stop Iran, but doing so is an entirely different manner. Wish Dr. Paul would stand up and demand how the others think they will be able to stop Iran.

If Dr. Paul does not clearly convey his foreign policy objectives and seem firm he will never win the Republican nomination.

trey4sports
12-16-2011, 10:49 AM
Typically you dont try to "educate" voters during an election if you want to win. The perception is that Ron is weak on defense and strong on economics. A 30 second ad will not change many on his foreign policy but rather just bring more attention to the issue that is why hes much better to stick with issues hes percieved as strong on and issues that drive people to the polls like spending and economics.

Suzu
12-16-2011, 10:53 AM
Ron sitting in chair in front of a camera;". . . I'd present it to the congress and if they thought it was a real threat I'd ask for a deceleration of war."

A deceleration of war is precisely what we need!

Clem Kadiddlehopper
12-16-2011, 11:04 AM
Typically you dont try to "educate" voters during an election if you want to win. The perception is that Ron is weak on defense and strong on economics. A 30 second ad will not change many on his foreign policy but rather just bring more attention to the issue that is why hes much better to stick with issues hes percieved as strong on and issues that drive people to the polls like spending and economics.

I agree that a 30 second ad isn't the preferred venue; it won't accomplish much more than a 30 second answer during a debate. However, I disagree with the notion that you can shrug off voter concerns about perceived weaknesses and just play up your strengths. Foreign Policy is a major issue, especially in these turbulent times. It is our Achilles Heel in this campaign because we are not effectively responding to the constant characterization of Ron Paul's position. Allowing it to continue will keep Ron Paul radioactive to a significant number of GOP voters. We are not doing enough to counter the neoconservative rhetoric.

S.Shorland
12-16-2011, 11:06 AM
Bachmann lied but she also mentioned Iran's constitution as being expansionary and seeking a caliphate.I assume it was rewritten after Khomenei came to power in the revolution against the Shah who was installed in the 1953 coup orchestrated by the CIA? BLOWBACK.If Paul had been a little quicker he should have traced it back to cause and effect again.Bachmann's lies when confined to 'I was the only one to...' when Paul led the way,I can accept.However,lying in an attempt to expedite war is beneath contempt.That lurks in the realms of true evil.

trey4sports
12-16-2011, 11:07 AM
I agree that a 30 second ad isn't the preferred venue; it won't accomplish much more than a 30 second answer during a debate. However, I disagree with the notion that you can shrug off voter concerns about perceived weaknesses and just play up your strengths. Foreign Policy is a major issue, especially in these turbulent times. It is our Achilles Heel in this campaign because we are not effectively responding to the constant characterization of Ron Paul's position. Allowing it to continue will keep Ron Paul radioactive to a significant number of GOP voters. We are not doing enough to counter the neoconservative rhetoric.

Well, i'd love to be wrong on this but I think that we're going to have to simply play up our strengths and try to minimize any kind of foreign policy squabbles that the GOP may have.

newbitech
12-16-2011, 11:10 AM
Bachmann lied but she also mentioned Iran's constitution as being expansionary and seeking a caliphate.I assume it was rewritten after Khomenei came to power in the revolution against the Shah who was installed in the 1953 coup orchestrated by the CIA? BLOWBACK.If Paul had been a little quicker he should have traced it back to cause and effect again.Bachmann's lies when confined to 'I was the only one to...' when Paul led the way,I can accept.However,lying in an attempt to expedite war is beneath contempt.That lurks in the realms of true evil.

Why does she believe the Iranian Constitution is the law of the land and not the US Constitution?

Elwar
12-16-2011, 11:11 AM
You know the best way to pay for an ad?

With money.

From what you may ask?

A Ron Paul Tea Party Moneybomb that is going on right now!!!

http://www.RonPaul2012.com

muh_roads
12-16-2011, 11:13 AM
I'd also scare them with what the cost of oil would be if we attack. $300 a barrel? The sky is the limit.

God damn chicken hawks.

tremendoustie
12-16-2011, 11:14 AM
No, next ads should be:

1: An ad showing how Ron has been consistent, and more importantly absolutely right, over the years. This should hit lots of different issues.

2. An ad about Paul's personal background -- growing up, how he helped people in his medical practice for free, perhaps mentioning that this kind of community charity is what's needed rather than government programs, etc.

The first should get more playtime than the second.

tremendoustie
12-16-2011, 11:14 AM
dup

Emerick
12-16-2011, 11:26 AM
The answer is this: DVDs and a 2 minute ad.

1) Objection: "2 minutes ad don't go to air!" Of course they don't, but they receive media coverage... Serial hypocrasy has more than 2 minutes.

What to do in such an ad:

i) It must be strong and attack other candidates (this is needed in order to get media attention).
ii) It should stress that all other candidates will go to war, no matter what. It's very clear right now. If Ron doesn't win, there will be a war against Iran.
iii) It should begin like this: "They lied to us", showing Bush saying Iraq had WMD, and people on FOX etc. Then explain the aftermath: 4 trillion debt, 8,000 Americans dead, 40,000 wounded, and MORE instability in the region than ever. Result: COMPLETE FAILURE.
iv) Then say: they are building the war propaganda one more time. Put an image of that Republican debate in 2007, in which someone said that Iran would get a nuclear weapon in 1 year.
v) Show some images of those FactChecks on Bachmann, Newt etc.
vi) Call Gingrich, Mitt and Santorum "chickenhawks", and tell people that, unlike Ron, they weren't willing to put their lives at stake, but would very easily put Americans to die.
vii) Explain how it would probably trigger a war against China and Russia. Say this over and over again: they are trying to create a WWIII.
viii) Display passages of that book of Newt in which he talks a lot about WWIII etc.

Yes, there are a lot of information, but you can put some of this together.

DVD:

The Campaign MUST produce a powerfull DVD explaining his ECONOMICS, FOREIGN POLICY and CIVIL LIBERTIES ideas.

First, Economics, in which he excels. Then, on civil liberties, explaining how America is becoming a tyrannical Police State. Then, make the connection between these two subjects and Foreign Policy.

In Foreign Policy, there should be AT LEAST these videos:

- I like Ron Paul, except on Foreign Policy
- Interview w/ Jack Hunter about Israel
- Netanyahu's speech, telling the House that Israel can defend herself and that she doesn't need America's military support
- Molotov Michael's piece "On Record" about Ron and Israel
- Videos of Michael Scheuer and others explaining why Ron was and is right
- The Amazingly Accurate Predictions of Ron Paul
- All his ads
- Tom Woods (or someone else) could make an special video explaining how non-interventionism is the conservative foreign policy. Explaining, also, the Christian Just War theory