PDA

View Full Version : Progress in NH, but what about Iowa/South Carolina

AgentPaul001
11-07-2007, 11:51 PM
Finally the Campaign is really starting to gain some traction in New Hampshire, polling much better and arguably support level of around 10%+.

This will be the biggest primary for the campaign, and a win here will be magnificant.

However to create the momentum necessary to win the nomination it'll obviously take wins in a few other key states, the campaign mentions Iowa/Michigan/South Carolina/Nevada.

From the polling I've seen Nevada and Michigan seem very receptive, and are beginning to grow as well.

But Iowa seems like its sort of stalling and South Carolina will be very important too.

Anyone know what steps the campaign is going to take to try and increase exposure in those other states, or are they going to try and keep the pressure up in NH?

With at least $7 Million Cash on Hand right now, the campaign can really afford some bid media buys and I think South Carolina could be very receptive to the campaign.

Eric21ND
11-08-2007, 12:14 AM
They need to pump out some really great ads that will motivate people.

Ads like these:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JHhV3v5GKc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mICt_BVLPX0

Nate K
11-08-2007, 12:18 AM
there needs to be a notable grassroots effort in these states. the campaign can't do it all alone. so far i haven't seen much teamwork, enthusiasm in other states - that's why we're stalling. i've been pushing for them the whole time.

Badger Paul
11-08-2007, 10:37 AM
The Iowa meetup groups and student have done everything possible that they can do but those of us outside of Iowa can do our part as well in the following ways:

1). Donating to Operation NH chipin to put out TV ads for Iowa to run from Nov. 15 through Dec. 5. You can donate by going to their website www.operationnh.com.

2). Write an Iowan. There are two threads on these boards, one for mailing letters to Iowans and another that emailing students at Iowa State and Northern Iowa universities. Send them your email address they'll hook you up with addresses.

runningdiz
11-08-2007, 11:27 AM
Does anyone know when Ron is coming back to South Carolina?

Eli
11-08-2007, 01:45 PM
actually its more like 11million cash on hand. he just raised 7.5m so far this quarter.

I think november would be a great month to spend about 1 million in each state on advertising just to boost his poll numbers. He'll get the money back, and with the polling momentum the media can loose their last doubt about him