PDA

View Full Version : Tell Media about Ron's STRAW POLL RECORD; mass effort.

mport1
11-07-2007, 11:47 PM
Hey guys, great idea from Chad over at the Facebook group.

"Hi everyone. Today the New York Times online site ran a pretty good story on Ron Paul winning a tiny straw poll in New York City on the 6th.

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2007/11/07/ron-paul-wins-straw-poll-in-new-york/

I think it is important to think about this. Why did they cover this victory and none of the previous many straw poll victories? Why didn't they mention his straw poll record?

One possibility: It's an evil conspiracy...

MUCH more likely: They are stupid and/or lazy, and they don't know about it!

The reason they reported about this one is becaues of the huge 4 million fundraiser.

If we started a really big mass email campaign about Ron's straw poll record, we could really get him some attention and some respect despite his national polling numbers. Nothing is a better indicator that his national polls might be a bit underestimated.

So here's the plan. One of you resourceful geniuses collect as many tv news shows' "mail-bag" email addresses, newspaper feedback online forms, etc. and report them here.

Then thousands of us should send this simple message, modified to each person's own taste (but please always polite):

"I've loved seeing the increased coverage of presidential candidate Ron Paul since his recent fundraising record. Did you know that he has one more straw polls than ANY othe republican?

http://www.ronpaul2008.com/straw-poll-results

If you add up every single straw poll vote that has been cast in this primary season and average them together, Ron Paul has 20% of the vote!

Clearly this is a demonstration of how active his base is and a demonstration of the very likely possibility that he is being understimated nationally.

I'd love to hear a story talking about his record in these straw polls.

Thanks!

-Chad"

---------------------------------

Does everyone see how likely it is that they'll go "whoa he's not only raising money he's winning straw polls...." then they'll REALLY wonder why he's not polling higher and they'll start hypothesising...cell phones? lack of coverage? Hmmm,....

-Chad"

fj45lvr
11-07-2007, 11:51 PM
Logically I think that they are going to dismiss straw polls with the premise that Paul just has MORE ACTIVE supporters (small numbers but dedicated).

This is the argument that the other campaigns have "lazy" and "unmotivated" people that ARROGANTLY don't have to "bother" themselves with these little inconveniences "because thats not how "things work")

DealzOnWheelz
11-07-2007, 11:52 PM
its won not one many straw polls

but defintiely a great idea

mport1
11-07-2007, 11:53 PM
My letter to Cafferty:

"Hey Jack,

First I wanted to thank you for being one of the only people to give Ron Paul some good "fair and balanced" coverage. Wanted to inform you of this story because I don't believe anybody has covered it yet. Did you Ron's won more real life straw polls than all other GOP candidates?

http://ronpaul2008.com/straw-poll-results

Thought I'd let you know about this and hopefully it gets mentioned. Thanks.

Mitch Port
Washington University Class of 2009"

Cindy
11-07-2007, 11:53 PM
Yes Yes, I have been wanting to suggest doing something like this for a while now.

They keep saying things like, " Will the internet success translate to the polls?"

Where have they been?

In GOP Straw polls across the nation where people have to go leave the house, and often pay money to vote, Paul is kicking serious ASS.

They probably would've ignored it before, yet Now that people are taking him and his supporters more seriously, they may jump on reporting about all of his off-line Straw poll success as well.

mport1
11-07-2007, 11:54 PM
Logically I think that they are going to dismiss straw polls with the premise that Paul just has MORE ACTIVE supporters (small numbers but dedicated).

This is the argument that the other campaigns have "lazy" and "unmotivated" people that ARROGANTLY don't have to "bother" themselves with these little inconveniences "because thats not how "things work")

Hey, I think it's worth a shot. If one station picks up on it maybe it will spread to some other ones.

Cindy
11-07-2007, 11:55 PM

The GOP needs these polls to raise money and they are a large part of how the GOP works. Getting this press can show people how much support the GOP is getting through Pauls campaign.

The time may be very ripe and I think we should strike while the iron is hot.

mport1
11-08-2007, 12:07 AM
The GOP needs these polls to raise money and they are a large part of how the GOP works. Getting this press can show people how much support the GOP is getting through Pauls campaign.

The time may be very ripe and I think we should strike while the iron is hot.

Very good point. We need to contact everybody possible with this news story handed to them on a platter. Reporters love having their work already done for them.

richk
11-08-2007, 12:09 AM
The really interesting and great point about this straw poll victory is (1) he beat Julieannie in his own backyard, and (2) this was the same private club that excluded Ron Paul from their fundraiser back in October. We all remember that, right? :D

It was only 60 total votes, but a victory nonetheless.

mport1
11-08-2007, 12:44 AM
bump

mport1
11-08-2007, 09:52 AM
And one more bump.