PDA

View Full Version : Simple Reason Why Last Night's Debate Didn't Hurt Ron

No Free Beer
12-16-2011, 07:52 AM
Listen, I was just as pissed off as everyone else last night (especially with Hannity)...worried that Ron Paul shot himself in the foot (from a Neocon's perspective). The thing is, EVERYONE already knows Ron Paul's position on Iran, it is nothing knew. In fact, Ron Paul did a FANTASTIC job of shutting Bachmann down. He made her look like a fool when he brought up the U.S. Constitution. In fact, politifact and factcheck defended Ron Paul and shot down Bachmann's IAEA answer. Oops, don't look for FOX to bring up the fact that Bachmann lied. I am not a Glenn Beck fan, but I have to give his site credit, they did put it up about Bachmann's answer and how it was factually wrong. I think we all need to settle down, keep chugging along, and I think we will find Dr. Paul right there, with a chance to win Iowa.

-Phone from Home
-Money Bomb

GO RON!

Edit: I just watched the debate again (yes, I am a nerd) and Ron killed it! He also did very well with the Iran question. I believe we have Iowa, especially with the help of this money bomb. KEEP PUSHING!

ropo
12-16-2011, 07:58 AM
-he didn't have a bad debate

simple enough?:D

No Free Beer
12-16-2011, 08:07 AM
hahahha

12-16-2011, 08:25 AM
I don't think he took any damage. People on here are citing ultra right news sources and talking heads foaming at the mouth. The truth is every likely voter already knew what Ron's position was. Nothing new or shocking happened.

trey4sports
12-16-2011, 08:27 AM
I don't think he took any damage. People on here are citing ultra right news sources and talking heads foaming at the mouth. The truth is every likely voter already knew what Ron's position was. Nothing new or shocking happened.

i agree. it might drive his negatives up somewhat but hopefully none of his current support jumps ship.

nasaal
12-16-2011, 08:27 AM
I don't think it hurt him because he did well. Seems like a joke, but it's the truth. The guy stood up there and was attacked with every question, and knocked them out the park. You know he did well simply because they stopped calling on him. If he had been doing damage to himself they wouldn't have called on him.

McChronagle
12-16-2011, 08:32 AM
its like pricing a stock. all public information known is priced into a companies stock. everybody has known rons foreign policy for a long time and he has continued to rise. no worries.

No Free Beer
12-16-2011, 08:33 AM
I agree,

I just watched the debate again. He crushed it! Best part of the Iran answer was, "if we want to go, we do it with a DOW fight and win"

braane
12-16-2011, 08:37 AM
Most Americans, more than likely, agree with Ron on the issue. It isn't like he threw some unheard of message out there. For a moderator to say "you are more left on the issue than the President" isn't professional at all, either. I would argue that the other candidates are all more left of the President, and Ron Paul is the only one on the right. True conservatism, conserving the founding principles, calls for a diplomatic non-interventionist foreign policy.

Melissa
12-16-2011, 08:40 AM
I just watched the highlights and thought he did a great job glad I was not reading last night if everyone was saying he did bad. Just keep doing what you are doing and then do some more. I feel this is for the soul of America..do we want to be the superpower of the world and all the freedoms we will loose because of it or do we want to be the leaders of the free world by actually being free again and living in peace.

anewvoice
12-16-2011, 08:45 AM
Where are the highlights? Anyone got the tube?

Elwar
12-16-2011, 08:45 AM
Where are the highlights? Anyone got the tube?

They are at:

http://www.ronpaul2012.com

go_cardinals11
12-16-2011, 08:46 AM
Most Americans, more than likely, agree with Ron on the issue. It isn't like he threw some unheard of message out there. For a moderator to say "you are more left on the issue than the President" isn't professional at all, either. I would argue that the other candidates are all more left of the President, and Ron Paul is the only one on the right. True conservatism, conserving the founding principles, calls for a diplomatic non-interventionist foreign policy.

Good point. I wish Ron would have pointed this out

WilliamC
12-16-2011, 08:46 AM
He can still simplify his answer some, maybe along the lines of stating that foreign policy and decisions of war and peace is in no way like a football game and to treat it as such is morally reprehensible, especially for those who consider themselves Christians. The best defense is NOT a strong offense in foreign policy, it's simply a matter of peace through strength, not peace through aggression.

Ron Paul is not "for Iran getting a nuclear weapon" that is a lie and he should call out any who state it to his face as lying about his position. He just doesn't think it is worth going to war with any nation, including Iran, without a Congressional Declaration. To those on this stage who are truly scared of Iran TAKE YOUR CASE TO THE AMERICAN PEOPLE AND CONGRESS AND GET THEM TO DECLARE WAR, but don't commit treason against the Constitution and unilaterally give the President, ANY PRESIDENT, the power to take The United States to war for political reasons, which is exactly what every war since WWII has been, a political war.

He needs to keep on the offensive with this, just keep his calm and hone his message. After all, he is correct and has truth and reason and morality on his side.

tremendoustie
12-16-2011, 08:47 AM

Yeah, that was the only mistake he made -- he should have combated the "left of the president" line.

skytoucher
12-16-2011, 08:51 AM
Truth can stand on her own. Ron has no worries.

ericsnow
12-16-2011, 08:54 AM
It's not that he had a bad debate, it's that the way he worded his answers was different than in past debates and because the media is corrupt they will spin and manipulate all his answers to demonize him. If we had an honest media we wouldn't have anything to worry about.

samsung1
12-16-2011, 08:54 AM
We won't know what the real effects of the debate have had until the new polls from Iowa come out probably Monday or Tuesday. I assume PPP will be doing the Iowa polling over the weekend.

V3n
12-16-2011, 08:56 AM
I don't think it hurt him because he did well. Seems like a joke, but it's the truth. The guy stood up there and was attacked with every question, and knocked them out the park. You know he did well simply because they stopped calling on him. If he had been doing damage to himself they wouldn't have called on him.

Exactly!

Elwar
12-16-2011, 08:57 AM
Best rebuttal to last night?

This:
http://goo.gl/x9eAX

V3n
12-16-2011, 09:00 AM
Facebook "likes" are UP too.

Original_Intent
12-16-2011, 09:03 AM
Truth is, Bachmann got hurt, and Ron didn't have to punch down to do it. Gingrich has two or three times flat out said she was factually incorrect - having Ron Paul use almost the exact wording makes Bachmann the one that plays fast and loose witht he truth. And anyone that decides to find out who was right is going to be told by Politifact and others that Ron was right, she was wrong.

She is the one that keeps shrilly saying "We have to get this right!" True enough. But you have to have your facts right going into a decision making process to make the right decision about what to do. Michelle has shown repeatedly that she lets her preconceived notions cloud her ability to objectively weight a threat; Ron's warning about over-reacting was tailor-made for Bachmann and to a lesser extent, every other candidate on the stage.

and to the campaign (if you are reading) when people keep using the "Iran has a madman in charge, who would actually USE a nuke if he got it" - why doesn't Ron ever bring up that the exact same thing was said about North Korea?

Sweman
12-16-2011, 10:18 AM
He can still simplify his answer some, maybe along the lines of stating that foreign policy and decisions of war and peace is in no way like a football game and to treat it as such is morally reprehensible, especially for those who consider themselves Christians. The best defense is NOT a strong offense in foreign policy, it's simply a matter of peace through strength, not peace through aggression.
...and clarity ... :p