PDA

View Full Version : PAUL KRUGMAN writes hit piece on Ron Paul in the New York Times

12-16-2011, 05:59 AM
Hahaha!

When Paul Krugman, the high priest of the church of Keynes, goes after you in the New York Times, well. We've arrived.

Here it is. (http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/16/opinion/gop-monetary-madness.html)

I say, spread this piece to as many Republicans as you can. Krugman is a known liberal quantity, and conservatives ought to feel some offense at his stupidity here (and thus, solidarity with the Champion of the Constitution).

I may buy the Times today just so I can frame this in my office.

Edit: Link fixed.

JoshLowry
12-16-2011, 06:09 AM
Hahaha!

When Paul Krugman, the high priest of the church of Keynes, goes after you in the New York Times, well. We've arrived.

Here it is. (http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970204026804577100730656321606.html)

I say, spread this piece to as many Republicans as you can. Krugman is a known liberal quantity, and conservatives ought to feel some offense at his stupidity here (and thus, solidarity with the Champion of the Constitution).

I may buy the Times today just so I can frame this in my office.

That the right link?

It says:
By KIMBERLEY A. STRASSEL

Top right for me. Screenshot?

bluesc
12-16-2011, 06:15 AM
That the right link?

It says:
By KIMBERLEY A. STRASSEL

Top right for me. Screenshot?

Krugman hit piece is here: hxxp://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/16/opinion/gop-monetary-madness.html?_r=2&hp

12-16-2011, 06:15 AM
Whoops! You're right Josh, thanks. Link fixed.

AdamT
12-16-2011, 06:24 AM
Krugman = roll eyes

SpiritOf1776_J4
12-16-2011, 06:27 AM
Needs a lot of comments from Ron supporters I see.

Someone mention that gold and silver is the only legal tender in the Constitution, and the whole system is unconstitutional.

jer4liberty
12-16-2011, 06:30 AM
Krugman is one of the worst.

affa
12-16-2011, 06:43 AM
the amount of Ron Paul misinformation in the comments is mindboggling. They'll never, ever get their head around the reason that RP is against taxing the rich is because he's against taxing everyone. Much easier to dismiss RP without investigation, and claim he's for the rich. makes me ill.

JohnGalt23g
12-16-2011, 06:47 AM
I sometimes wonder which blew the Nobel Committee's credibility more... giving Barack Obama the Peace Prize, or giving Teh Krugman the Economics prize.

CaptUSA
12-16-2011, 06:52 AM
I sometimes wonder which blew the Nobel Committee's credibility more... giving Barack Obama the Peace Prize, or giving Teh Krugman the Economics prize.Two different committees.

wgadget
12-16-2011, 06:54 AM
I'll say it again. Ron's performance at last night's debate only solidifies the fact that the left and the right are the same.

Want more war? You have a choice: Obama or Romney/Gingrich/Bachmann/Santorum/Perry/Huntsman.

If you don't, the your choices are narrow: RON PAUL.

Fr0m_3ur0pe
12-16-2011, 08:52 AM
Krugman got his Nobel from free trade-theory, not from monetary policy.

Travlyr
12-16-2011, 09:28 AM
G.O.P. Monetary Madness (http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/16/opinion/gop-monetary-madness.html?_r=1)

Mr. Paul identifies himself as a believer in “Austrian” economics — a doctrine that it goes without saying rejects John Maynard Keynes but is almost equally vehement in rejecting the ideas of Milton Friedman. For Austrians see “fiat money,” money that is just printed without being backed by gold, as the root of all economic evil, which means that they fiercely oppose the kind of monetary expansion Friedman claimed could have prevented the Great Depression — and which was actually carried out by Ben Bernanke this time around. - Paul Krugman

That is because Keynesian economics relies on theft, Mr. Krugman. The rest of the country is getting kind of tired of Washington D.C. stealing from them all the time. We (the rest of America) send you $3 Trillion each year... a lot of it through the inflation tax, and what do we (the rest of America) get out of it? A rich ruling class, perpetual war, and a crappy economy.

6 of the 10 richest counties in U.S. are in DC area

Forbes magazine ranked eight other Washington-area counties in its list of the nation's 25 wealthiest counties, far more than any other area in the country. The rankings are based on 2008 median household income data from the U.S. Census Bureau.

Read more at the Washington Examiner: http://washingtonexaminer.com/local/dc/6-10-richest-counties-us-are-dc-area#ixzz1gi7KZ7A9That means that 14 of the 25 richest counties are sitting right there around the money machine. Imagine that. Insiders getting rich while the economy tanks. It is a perfect description of Keynesian economics, isn't it?

"By this means government may secretly and unobserved, confiscate the wealth of the people, and not one man in a million will detect the theft." - Lord John Maynard Keynes, "Economic Consequences of Peace" Yeah, perfect description.

We are getting kind of tired of the Washington D.C. constant theft... sick and tired of that and the wars too. Counterfeiters suck.

gmc1988
12-16-2011, 09:42 AM
So Krugman seriously doesn't see anything wrong with "creating" more money during an economic crisis? WOW!!!!!!!!! The guy who said that the only reason the stimulus package didn't work is because it wasn't bigger than it was? My goodness, I'm no economic expert, in fact It's not one of my stronger points when it comes to the issues, but I can certainly see the fallacy of Krugman's thinking. The fact that so many people listen to this man makes me worried for my country.

kylejack
12-16-2011, 09:45 AM
Kruggy does have an interesting point about inflation. It was just revealed that the Fed gave $29 TRILLION in loans over 3 years, which is double the annual GDP of the United States. Why haven't we seen more inflation?

My theory is that there are some extreme downward price pressures because of all the unemployment and pain the markets are feeling. Once the economy recovers all of the inflation would hit. But I am not an economist.

iamse7en
12-16-2011, 09:51 AM
Krugman got his Nobel from free trade-theory, not from monetary policy.

Yes and my econ professor made us read that piece. Wasn't all that bad. It was very complex though.

No Free Beer
12-16-2011, 09:58 AM
paul, give it up

Deborah K
12-16-2011, 10:07 AM
Yeah Krugman, keynesian economics has worked out really well for Americans. Keep pushing that failed system and ignore the fact that Dr. Paul predicted this mess. What has he ever predicted? He was in denial when Ron was shouting from the roof tops. Why anyone even listens to him anymore is a testament to the willful ignorance of the masses.

Fr0m_3ur0pe
12-16-2011, 10:11 AM
Kruggy does have an interesting point about inflation. It was just revealed that the Fed gave $29 TRILLION in loans over 3 years, which is double the annual GDP of the United States. Why haven't we seen more inflation?

My theory is that there are some extreme downward price pressures because of all the unemployment and pain the markets are feeling. Once the economy recovers all of the inflation would hit. But I am not an economist.

Money never went to circulation.

http://mises.org/daily/5574
http://mises.org/daily/5110/Three-Flawed-Fed-Exit-Options

It all went to "excess reserves" of banks.

nasaal
12-16-2011, 10:12 AM

Because with artificial correction you get false stability. The inflation will hit, but it takes time for us to see it.

K466
12-16-2011, 10:19 AM
KRUGMAN has made a big MISTAKE. He called out Peter Schiff by name.

I love this piece... of course it's typical Krugman b.s. but this kind of attack probably helps rather than hurts.

kylejack
12-16-2011, 10:28 AM
Money never went to circulation.

http://mises.org/daily/5574
http://mises.org/daily/5110/Three-Flawed-Fed-Exit-Options

It all went to "excess reserves" of banks.
Still, wasn't all the billions in profit generated a new creation that should have entered the economy? I'll read the links.

archangel689
12-16-2011, 10:30 AM
krugman won't debate murphy, or schiff.

tremendoustie
12-16-2011, 10:32 AM
Good. Getting attacked by Krugman is the next best thing to getting attacked by Obama or Michael Moore. It's a win - a big one. It consolidates conservative support behind Paul and Schiff.