PDA

View Full Version : WSJ Article About Ron Refusing to Modulate Foreign Policy

12-16-2011, 05:42 AM
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970204026804577100730656321606.html

I'm not going to freak out like some here. But Ron has this thing in the bag IF he can just present his message on foreign policy a bit more carefully. The author of this piece's point (that Ron has modulated himself on other issues where he has strong views, but not the one area most Republicans disagree with him) is a salient one.

SpiritOf1776_J4
12-16-2011, 05:49 AM
don't talk about foreign policy, talk about the police state. The foreign policy is an excuse for the police state, and everyone knows it.

Some small child just has to say it.

12-16-2011, 05:52 AM
don't talk about foreign policy, talk about the police state. The foreign policy is an excuse for the police state, and everyone knows it.

Some small child just has to say it.

Good luck convincing primary voters talking about a "police state."

Elwar
12-16-2011, 05:54 AM
It all means we have them on their heels.

Winning

vita3
12-16-2011, 05:55 AM
Independent voters LOVE Ron's non-war policy & that counter-balances & overcomes the war party rights (who have been consistently wrong for 8 years)

eugenekop
12-16-2011, 05:56 AM
Apparently Ron thinks foreign policy is so disastrous that toning it down would do disservice to the message. Not sure I agree with that, but that's his choice.

WilliamC
12-16-2011, 06:14 AM
Our 'foreign policy' is not distinct from our domestic policy in any way, so really what is being supported is aggression and war both abroad and at home.

Some folks just love their reality TV a bit much and don't realize they may be a contestant themselves soon.

The vast majority of all people in countries just want to live and let live, they don't want to go thousands of miles away to kill strangers any more than you or I.

It is only the psychopathic murders and thieves among us that tend to seek power and rise to the top of governments that enjoy doing this.

Tod
12-16-2011, 06:18 AM
My comment:

The title should be, "Why Ron Paul WILL win"

Ron Paul is the only candidate who fully comprehends the seriousness of our financial situation and knows that even if he were in favor of policing the world, we will go belly up if we try to continue on that course.
The American people are waking up to that fact too, and that is why Dr. Paul is surging!
Today is the anniversary of the founding of the modern Tea Party by Paul supporters and to see how we are celebrating (and to join in the festivities) visit www.TeaParty11.com (http://www.teaparty11.com/) Ron Paul 2012!!!!

SpiritOf1776_J4
12-16-2011, 06:33 AM
Good luck convincing primary voters talking about a "police state."

Just mention the facts. TSA checkpoints. Gropings. Warrantless wiretaps. Tasering. Swat team invasions. Drones in America. Assassination lists and secret trials. Raids on guitar companies and student loans, etc etc etc.

Then remind them that those issues aren't being talked about because they GOP claims its part of foreign policy and we HAVE to do it. It isn't foreign policy. It's an excuse.

Keep changing the frame of the debate. Keep being rational. Keep repeating it.

12-16-2011, 06:39 AM
Just mention the facts. TSA checkpoints. Gropings. Warrantless wiretaps. Tasering. Swat team invasions. Drones in America. Assassination lists and secret trials. Raids on guitar companies and student loans, etc etc etc.

Then remind them that those issues aren't being talked about because they GOP claims its part of foreign policy and we HAVE to do it. It isn't foreign policy. It's an excuse.

Keep changing the frame of the debate. Keep being rational. Keep repeating it.

You need to be cautious with a few of those things, but I think some of it is more reasonable. It's ALL about presentation. I just know "police state" doesn't play well with primary voters.

osan
12-16-2011, 08:18 AM
It all means we have them on their heels.

Winning

Not quite. We have their attention. There is a long way to go before they are on their heels.

We are not winning. Yet. We are gaining; at times by leaps and bounds, but to think this is in the bag is folly. As things stand today, we are far from victory. The distance is shrinking, but it takes only one vote to bring it all to naught so let us not relax. There is still a long way to go and given the volatility of the season I would call it anyone's race at this time.

NOTHING is won until the last vote is counted, and even then I am not quite confident. The whole Bush election with the "coinincidences" in FL and so forth did nothing to engender confidence and trust of this system. I surely hope I am wrong on this point.