PDA

View Full Version : Harris Poll (NATIONAL) GOP: Newt=27% Mitt=17% Paul=11% — Indie: Paul=14% Mitt=14% Newt=11%

PauliticsPolitics
12-16-2011, 05:08 AM
Total
Dec
Political Party
Political Philosophy
Tea
Party
Support

Rep.
Dem.
Ind.
Cons.
Mod.
Lib.

%
%
%
%
%
%
%
%

Mitt Romney

Newt Gingrich

Ron Paul

Jon Huntsman, Jr.

Michele Bachmann

Rick Perry

Rick Santorum

Not at all sure

http://news.gnom.es/news/over-one-quarter-of-republicans-would-vote-for-newt-gingrich-17-for-mitt-romney-in-primary-but-one-third-are-still-not-sure

afwjam
12-16-2011, 05:11 AM
Awesome! We are moving up guys! Ron Paul did great last night! I have high hopes for the moneybomb today!

eduardo89
12-16-2011, 05:12 AM
How does Santorum get 2% of liberals lol

PauliticsPolitics
12-16-2011, 05:18 AM
Maybe if you are a die-hard democrat getting polled about Republicans, you pick Santorum as a protest vote just to mess with people?
I know we have chosen Santorum in polls before when they don't include Paul, just to mess with the system.

But with polls like these, I'm sure there are a few people just picking random answers out of boredom or ignorance.

nobody's_hero
12-16-2011, 05:21 AM
I'm going to repost something from a thread I posted on how we MUST capitalize on the independent vote:

Keep working on the GOP (especially friends and family members) but DO NOT only focus on the GOP. THE GOP CANNOT< I REPEAT > CANNOT be solely relied on to win Ron Paul the nomination. Just as Reagan was able to draw in the support of independents and democrats, so too must Ron Paul. Two decades from now, Republicans will be talking about how great Ron Paul was as president, just as they do with Ronald Reagan, while conveniently ignoring the fact that if the GOP had gotten its way, Reagan never would have won.

Judging by the audience's reaction, the GOP is going to try the same dead pony trick it tried in McCain's campaign, which is: WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR. And of course, the GOP will miss out on a huge opportunity to grow its party, and quite possibly throw the election to Barack Obama.

We know that this same tired trick is not going to motivate independents (the ones who usually don't bother to vote) to get out to the polls on primary night. Ron Paul repeatedly reminds people that 70% of Americans are tired of these endless wars. Furthermore, This is the crowd that Ron Paul does best with: the ones who hate politics because they see no point in voting, because the generic GOP candidate offers nothing for them to believe in. NO GOP CANDIDATE other than Ron Paul can actually motivate people with his message of freedom. "Dr. Paul cured my apathy." The doctor is IN!

Democratic voters. If you haven't been trying to convince any democrats you know that it is in their best interest to switch (if possible, deadlines may have passed) over to GOP and vote for Ron Paul, START IMMEDIATELY. If they have any doubts whatsoever as to whether it matters, show them tonight's debate footage. It was a HORDE OF WARMONGERS versus ONE RON PAUL, and instead of cowering, Ron Paul got PISSED OFF. He practically consumed his opponents and belched out fire and powderized bone fragments.

Explain to them the cold hard fact that if anyone other than Ron Paul wins the republican nomination, and Obama ends up losing the general election, we will be going to war yet again. (we will probably be going to war regardless of whether Obama is still in or not, but please keep in mind that you are talking to Democratic voters and not democratic leaders, and it would help if you DID NOT demonize Obama unless the lefties offer some sense of dissatisfaction to give you the opening; for now, we just need their help with the primaries, so make it happen!)

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?338505-It-now-obvious-that-RON-PAUL-MUST-RISE!

7% from democrats is not that great, though. My suggestion is that we specifically target people who have never voted and show them something worth voting for. They will grow to be our strongest allies.

'A man who knows nothing is closer to the truth than a man whose head is filled with falsehoods and lies.'

Decay
12-16-2011, 10:28 AM
How the hell does Newt get 27% of Tea Party support?

IndianaPolitico
12-16-2011, 10:30 AM
Quite nice. Good position to be in. We will get a bump after we win Iowa.

gls
12-16-2011, 10:30 AM

Haven't you heard all of the talking heads these past few weeks? Gingrich is a true outsider who will take on the establishment! :rolleyes:

nasaal
12-16-2011, 10:31 AM
He's catholic. Catholics have typically been democrats, as such he pulls a couple.

mstrmac1
12-16-2011, 10:34 AM
Slow and steady! ...(clap,clap,clap) Slow and steady!...(clap,clap,clap)

http://blog.seattletimes.nwsource.com/sounders/clap.jpg

tremendoustie
12-16-2011, 10:35 AM
I'm going to repost something from a thread I posted on how we MUST capitalize on the independent vote:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?338505-It-now-obvious-that-RON-PAUL-MUST-RISE!

7% from democrats is not that great, though. My suggestion is that we specifically target people who have never voted and show them something worth voting for. They will grow to be our strongest allies.

'A man who knows nothing is closer to the truth than a man whose head is filled with falsehoods and lies.'

Democrats who are willing to switch are great, but that approach can't be relied upon for a victory. Independents are indeed essential, however.

GunnyFreedom
12-16-2011, 10:37 AM
Maybe if you are a die-hard democrat getting polled about Republicans, you pick Santorum as a protest vote just to mess with people?
I know we have chosen Santorum in polls before when they don't include Paul, just to mess with the system.

But with polls like these, I'm sure there are a few people just picking random answers out of boredom or ignorance.

so you are saying they hate the GOP enough to smear santorum on them?

tremendoustie
12-16-2011, 10:38 AM
Actually, this poll is a bit strange -- are there crosstabs somewhere?

Paul gets 11% among republicans, 14% among independents, and 7% among democrats, but 11% total?! This implies that they polled just about as many democrats as independents, which would be an absurd way to conduct an R primary poll.

GunnyFreedom
12-16-2011, 10:38 AM

They have lost their minds.

RonPaul101.com
12-16-2011, 10:50 AM
So the totals for this Dec 2011 poll of decided voters across all parties and affiliations are:

Romney 14%
Gingrich 12%
Paul 11%

If I read that right, that means that we have a nearly equal share of committed voters nationally, and we have probably THE best ground-game and comitted supporters out there.

I like what I'm seeing. the undecided voter number are huge though, which means a 'herd mentality' will shape this race after the early contests.