PDA

View Full Version : Watched the Ron Paul highlights from the debate....

afwjam
12-16-2011, 04:51 AM
He did great!!! Solid applause for his anti war stance, made many great sound truthful points. No need for any pessimism, this is the very best of Ron Paul. People know he does not want to go to war with Iran and people know he is right! We are winning this thing! DONATE!!!! FOR LIBERTY!!!

stopstealingmymoney
12-16-2011, 05:15 AM
I feel he was 9/10 before the Iran thing. I feel that he could have handled it better such as mentioning the troop donations, and Fox ignoring him until the end after that really gave him a bad say.

matt0611
12-16-2011, 06:22 AM
Link?

Krugerrand
12-16-2011, 06:32 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhbGL3F8r4c

SilentBull
12-16-2011, 06:35 AM
All that will matter is how they say he did and they will pretend he hurt himself.

neverseen
12-16-2011, 06:37 AM
http://libertymaven.com/2011/12/16/ron-pauls-debate-moments-and-bachmann-lies/11992/

vid of highlights and another fact check that paul was 100% correct about iran. watch the debate a 2nd time with out emotion. he did great.

JohnGalt23g
12-16-2011, 07:06 AM
I'm not sure what everyone is so down on. Ron went out and played his game, and even the Associated Press is now saying that Michele Bachmann was in error on her claims about the IAEA report.

Meanwhile, Dr. Paul clearly rallied the faithful.

wgadget
12-16-2011, 07:07 AM
I feel he was 9/10 before the Iran thing. I feel that he could have handled it better such as mentioning the troop donations, and Fox ignoring him until the end after that really gave him a bad say.

Meh. There's always Leno.

matt0611
12-16-2011, 07:09 AM
I'm not sure what everyone is so down on. Ron went out and played his game, and even the Associated Press is now saying that Michele Bachmann was in error on her claims about the IAEA report.

I agree. I missed the debate but I saw some of the forum posts that were going crazy about how bad he did. I thought he did pretty good, I don't see what everyone got so worked up about. Besides, today is the money bomb + jay leno.

pacelli
12-16-2011, 07:14 AM
The only things I think he could have done better is mentioning his website and giving a specific answer regarding the judges (rather than, 'they're all good, they're all bad). Given that Ron walked into a hornet's nest, flanked on all sides by war-mongering parrots, he did well. We'll see how all of this plays out in the actual primary. He also laid the smack down on Bachman... did you see the look he gave her? Ron was fuckin pissed.

Not to mention that Ron also smacked down the media itself.

Tunink
12-16-2011, 07:16 AM
I watched the debate live, and kinda freaked out about the Iran thing, but after watching highlights and calming down I thought the Iran exchange was in Ron Paul's favor big time!

Guess it was just the heat of the moment that made is sound off.

anewvoice
12-16-2011, 09:45 AM
Wow guys, I saw all the negative ninnies last night but missed the debate. Just watched the debate and a Ron Paul destroyed Bachmann and her fear mongering.

He is right and he was very forceful about it.

Ron Paul stands apart from the rest, apart and above!!!

V3n
12-16-2011, 10:09 AM
Wow guys, I saw all the negative ninnies last night but missed the debate. Just watched the debate and a Ron Paul destroyed Bachmann and her fear mongering.

He is right and he was very forceful about it.

Ron Paul stands apart from the rest, apart and above!!!

He showed a lot of strength and leadership. Very Presidential.

Badger Paul
12-16-2011, 10:12 AM
"m not sure what everyone is so down on. Ron went out and played his game, and even the Associated Press is now saying that Michele Bachmann was in error on her claims about the IAEA report."

I agree, he stood his ground, he stood tall.

rolle
12-16-2011, 10:13 AM
I was applauding Ron vs. bachmann. He gave a calm intelligent answer. Bachmann repeating nonsensical lines she memorized.

Wolfgang Bohringer
12-16-2011, 10:14 AM
Ron really needs to point out that the reason he has so much better polling numbers vs. Obama one-on-one compared to the Republican war mongers is because deep down Americans are scared of each one of these belligerent republican war mongers. Deep down Americans know that any of those candidate's finger on the button is 10 times scarier than any Persian.

He really needs to cite the 1-on-1 poll numbers and attribute the Repub's pitiful percentages to their wreckless war mongering.

ctiger2
12-16-2011, 10:36 AM

No one should be down. Ron kicked ass last night! We learned nothing new from anyone. The war subject is very dividing. Ron tells it like it is all the time. We just have to hope enough people will wake up in time.

Ekrub
12-16-2011, 10:47 AM
I followed the debate thread, was terrified to watch when I got home. I watched the Ron Paul highlights first, and all he did was tell the truth. Watched the debate in its entirety and thought Ron did very well. Did fox do any fact checks?

Ball
12-16-2011, 11:06 AM
Did fox do any fact checks?

LOL

amonasro
12-16-2011, 11:34 AM
I agree that it could have been A LOT worse given the questions. They basically asked him if he was electable again and hammered away on foreign policy. Ron did really great, and FOX's constant badgering got him quite a bit more speaking time. He actually did a good job giving a clear answer about Iran, and smacked down Bachmann hardcore. He was really intense and was glaring straight at her during some of his rebuttals. To the average voter it would come off as a victory as the ignorant parrot warmonger was proven wrong.

LibertyEagle
12-16-2011, 11:36 AM
I was glad that he mentioned that it was he who could bring in Independents to beat Obama.

LibertyEagle
12-16-2011, 11:37 AM
I followed the debate thread, was terrified to watch when I got home. I watched the Ron Paul highlights first, and all he did was tell the truth. Watched the debate in its entirety and thought Ron did very well. Did fox do any fact checks?

Not that I have seen, but plenty of other organizations did. I've posted them a couple of times.

Pete Kay
12-16-2011, 11:44 AM
Overall, I think Ron Paul did well, but on the Iran issue, I thought he was too erratic. While I agree with his positions, he needs to make a stronger effort to be more poised and calm. In debate formats where he is sitting, he comes across much better. I know for many here on this board, it's all about the issues, but being persuasive and selling your ideas well is an important pat of leadership. In other words, he needs to try to come across as more "presidential." Remember that ultimately he has to go up against Obama, the "great orator," and that is in the forefront of many voters minds and the main reason why Gingrich is even getting looked at by some.

Brown Sapper
12-16-2011, 11:53 AM
Ya I was going to only donate $100 but after I saw that I donated 201.20. I remember how mad I was when people threw snowballs at him. Now I personally want to hunt him down and beat the shit out of that fascist bastard.

Revolution9
12-16-2011, 12:30 PM
Ya I was going to only donate $100 but after I saw that I donated 201.20. I remember how mad I was when people threw snowballs at him. Now I personally want to hunt him down and beat the shit out of that fascist bastard.

Hehehe..

;)
Rev9

Son of Detroit
12-16-2011, 12:32 PM
I was a little down last night, thinking that RP really messed up and that it would really hurt him for Iowa.

Today, after re-watching the spat with Bachmann, I think Ron did great. I'm really fired up and excited once again.

muh_roads
12-16-2011, 12:34 PM
Every time I re-watch the highlights, I feel better. I just wonder if Iowans would take the time to re-watch this again? That is what counts.

ShaneEnochs
12-16-2011, 12:38 PM
I think this is what's happening: we are all very emotionally tied to Ron. We think of him as our family. When they come out swinging trying to knock him down, we take it very, very personally. But when we go back and watch it again with a cooler head, we realize that Ron does what he always does: WIN.

mczerone
12-16-2011, 12:39 PM
I watched the beginning of it last night - but just watched through to the end. My ONE critique of Paul was not ending his time during the Bachmann response on the most powerful sentence of the campaign:

"We cannot solve these problems with war!"

JamesButabi
12-16-2011, 12:40 PM
One thing I noticed......everyone within cameras view were applauding only establishment candidates and answers. They seemed to have placed with nearly 100% efficiency, a group who supports the status quo in the first few hundred seats in the front. The Ron Paul cheers were very audible, however when the camera panned nobody in the front was clapping or cheering (the sound was obviously coming from either the far end or a balcony.

Krugerrand
12-22-2011, 09:59 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhbGL3F8r4c

Another good show worth re-watching.