PDA

View Full Version : KY Sheriff offering the handsome sum of $100 for you to be a undercover drug informant

devil21
12-16-2011, 01:36 AM
Need help paying your light bill? This Sheriff wants you to wear a wire and snitch on people and he'll spoil you with big bucks in return. Cha-ching! That's a cool benjamin.

You really gotta read this to believe it.

http://www.wkyt.com/wymtnews/headlines/Johnson_County_Sheriff_needs_drug_informants_13528 0373.html

The Johnson County Sheriff is willing to pay people up to $100 to be drug informants.

Sheriff Dwayne Price says they need the community's help to find out who is dealing drugs and stop the problem.

The Johnson County Sheriff's Department has seized dozens of illegal drugs and arrested dozens of alleged dealers in the past year.
Sheriff Price believes there are still many dealers on the streets. He is now asking for the public's help to catch them.

"Basically what we need from the public to help combat this, is we need some informants. Without community involvement, there is no way we can combat these drugs. We have to have community involvement," said Sheriff Price.

The sheriff will pay people up to $100 to tell him who is dealing drugs and then possibly help with undercover work.

"If you know someone that sells drugs and you feel like you can put a stop to it by wearing a wire, at least come in. It doesn't cost you anything to come in and talk to us and we'll explain the process to you," said Sheriff Price.

All informants will remain anonymous and the identity of anyone who does undercover work will be kept secret.

"Don't let people scare you. A lot of people are afraid they will get burnt out or beat up. I've done this for 25 years and got nobody hurt yet," said Sheriff Price.

Anyone who is interested can visit the Johnson County Sheriff's Department in Paintsville or call 606-IAM-DUMB.

There's so much fail here. Yay for the WoD?

(Can someone pass this on to Rand's office before someone gets killed, please?)

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
12-16-2011, 01:39 AM
oh wtf is this?

oyarde
12-16-2011, 11:14 AM
wth , really .Put an ad in the local paper , offer $101 not to snitch ....

Ronulus
12-16-2011, 11:17 AM
This a great idea, lets send civilians wearing a wire to a possible dangerous environment and have them put themselves in harms way for 100$.

donnay
12-16-2011, 11:18 AM
Some one needs to get a copy of Sheriff Mack's book: "The County Sheriff - America's Last Hope" and send it to this Sheriff!! He needs to know the drug war is a scam and that the Sheriff has more power than the Feds in his county.

ZanZibar
12-16-2011, 11:25 AM
Great way to earn yourself a Colombian necktie

Philhelm
12-16-2011, 11:36 AM
See something, say something...and get paid!

silk30
12-16-2011, 11:40 AM
Ugh, I live in KY. I swear, we are NOT all dumb redneck hicks! SOME of us think a bit :)

oyarde
12-16-2011, 11:55 AM
Ugh, I live in KY. I swear, we are NOT all dumb redneck hicks! SOME of us think a bit :) I love Kentuckians , looks like maybe just the Sherrif is what you described , oh yeah , and that judge that locked up the Amish for unpaid traffic fines .

ninepointfive
12-16-2011, 11:57 AM
Some one needs to get a copy of Sheriff Mack's book: "The County Sheriff - America's Last Hope" and send it to this Sheriff!! He needs to know the drug war is a scam and that the Sheriff has more power than the Feds in his county.

Unless he's newly elected, Sheriff Mack had a project where he sent his book to every sheriff in the country not too long ago.

donnay
12-16-2011, 12:05 PM
Unless he's newly elected, Sheriff Mack had a project where he sent his book to every sheriff in the country not too long ago.

Hmm...I didn't know that. That is a good question, I wonder if this Sheriff is newly elected then?

Anti Federalist
12-16-2011, 12:55 PM
See Something, Pay Something.

gerryb
12-16-2011, 04:57 PM

Uhm.. No.

I do not want this Sheriff to know he has more power than the feds.

Elect a new Sheriff. You usually only need around 5000 votes, compared to 60,000 to win a congressional primary