PDA

View Full Version : To all supporters who say they can't donate or can only give a small amount...

JasonC
12-15-2011, 11:43 PM
Of the 1400 people viewing this forum at the time I write this, if each of us donated, on average $50, we would have close to 70k just from the current viewers.. Whoever is in financial trouble (and I completely understand your inability to donate) please make whatever adjustment you can to donate, even $5 if you can. I know some of you can't even do that, but I am hoping you will all take a deep look to see if you can cut any expense to make whatever donation you can. This is crunch time and a once in a life time chance with Ron doing well in the polls; he needs a big day here.

If you smoke cigarettes, try smoking 3 or 4 less a day, so you can save 6-9 bucks this week and donate $5 to the campaign. Maybe you can make an attempt to drive less this week, save on gas expenses, and donate the proceeds to the campaign. By now you all should get my point, so I will not ramble on and beg people to donate. Please just do what you can. If you can't donate, try to get others to, promote the moneybomb over the internet, etc.

I am also in a situation in which I can't donate a lot. I donated $50 right after midnight. After work tomorrow, I will think of some expense adjustments I can make and try to get at least $25+ that I will donate tonight.

It's crunch time ladies and gentlemen. This is a message to all RP supporters, not just those viewing the forums right now. With RP doing well in the polls (1st in Iowa as of this edit), the campaign needs all the money it can get to combat the media onslaught that is here and only going to get worse as he continues to rise. Let's get it done.

EDIT: Let me make a quick distinction between the people who say they can't donate so no one gets offended. You can say there are two groups: those who actually can't donate (or donate more) "the few" and those who can donate more but say they can't "the most". With that said, I titled the thread the way I did because I think all supporters who can't donate or are only giving small amounts should take a DEEP LOOK and see if they can give ANY extra money to the campaign. I don't want people to get offended, for I know there are those out there who care deeply about RP winning but just can't afford to give anything or only small amounts.

In short, I'm making a plea for everyone to see if they can give any extra to the campaign and, (EDIT)KEEP DOING IT AS OFTEN AS YOU CAN UNTIL THE IOWA CAUCUS.

LibertyDreckman
12-15-2011, 11:43 PM
Except most people here say they don't have money and promoting is what they are doing. We don't need 1000 people promoting, we need 1000 people giving.

xRedfoxx
12-15-2011, 11:45 PM
If you can't donate, holding signs and block-walking and making phonecalls and becoming a delegate are just as important.

JasonC
12-15-2011, 11:47 PM
Except most people here say they don't have money and promoting is what they are doing. We don't need 1000 people promoting, we need 1000 people giving.

I wouldn't say that is entirely accurate, but I do see comments like that often. "I can't donate cuz im broke.." "I can only afford 20 bucks cuz im broke" yadda yadda...

But I bet a good amount of those people could donate 10-20 more bucks today if they just made some small adjustments to their expenses. Can you cancel a Netflix (if you haven't already lol) or premium channel subscription? Can you buy more generic products over brand names? Can you make due with your current television until the campaign is well funded instead of purchasing that new one you wanted? Can you eat out less and cook more? How about not ordering that "On Demand" movie from your cable provider? Can you sell an ounce of silver you've been holding? Do you smoke pot? Drink beer? Drink and smoke less this week, and send an extra ten to the campaign. I'm just using this as an example. For most of these people, there is (are) some expense(s) they could cut (temporarily--the Repub primary is not far away) and donate more.

unknown
12-15-2011, 11:53 PM
Great point.

And if you cant donate, please consider calling. Its the next best way to help. Its free, its a short script, theres no campaigning just a small survey. We dont even leaves messages, theres a button for that!

http://phone.ronpaul2012.com/v/faq.php

JasonC
12-15-2011, 11:55 PM
If you can't donate, holding signs and block-walking and making phonecalls and becoming a delegate are just as important.

Yes, absolutely.

But I am just of the opinion that most (not all) of the people who say they can't donate or can only give a small amount could actually give more if they made some small expense cut. Even if it is $5 or 10 it will help.

Kodaddy
12-16-2011, 12:04 AM
It is crunch time. I had to roll up change from my coin jar to donate. Last week when the campaign needed half my moneybomb cash, I decided to be designated driver for my friends that weekend. I donated the money I saved in drinks and half the money they gave me for gas.
I'm so poor I can't afford to pay attention. But I've realized how important this is and am doing everything I can do to help. You can do it!
For Liberty!
r3VOLution!

JasonC
12-16-2011, 12:05 AM
It is crunch time. I had to roll up change from my coin jar to donate. Last week when the campaign needed half my moneybomb cash, I decided to be designated driver for my friends that weekend. I donated the money I saved in drinks and half the money they gave me for gas.
I'm so poor I can't afford to pay attention. But I've realized how important this is and am doing everything I can do to help. You can do it!
For Liberty!
r3VOLution!

A perfect example of what I am talking about. Thank you for your sacrifice and effort.

cdc482
12-16-2011, 12:12 AM
Each phone call = $1

JasonC
12-16-2011, 12:14 AM
Each phone call = $1

Yes.. nothing is "free".. The campaign needs cash and they need lots of it.... and they need it now. There are lots of ads that need to be run to combat the media onslaught that is here and coming with Ron doing well in the polls. Donate what you can!!

The Magic Hoof
I'm nearly $400 short this month on bills from donating this month. I donated all that I had and bought yard signs and bumper stickers for my neighbor. This is gonna hurt whenever the bills come in the mail, I'll probably have to sell some of my stuff to scrape by :(

But I knew it was for a good cause.

Firehouse26
Exactly, Most people on here pay over $50 a month for internet access, if they can't come up with $10, they don't want it bad enough. Besides, without Ron Paul, our money may very well be worthless before long! DIG DEEP PEOPLE!!!!

JasonC
12-16-2011, 12:19 AM
Exactly, Most people on here pay over $50 a month for internet access, if they can't come up with $10, they don't want it bad enough. Besides, without Ron Paul, our money may very well be worthless before long! DIG DEEP PEOPLE!!!!

Whatever it is.. go somewhere cheaper instead of Starbucks... cancel a premium channel subscription for a month... cancel your World of Warcraft subscription for a month... ask your parents for some money (I'm being serious)... pack sandwiches for lunch this month instead of buying lunch... there are so many ways one can make some small expense adjustments and give the campaign some much needed cash. It's time to put up or shut up.

Matthew Zak
12-16-2011, 12:24 AM
Most of the "1400" are not actual human beings. Also, I don't know if I speak for others who are too broke to donate, but I can tell you that I'm barely paying rent right now, and I'm actually rationing my meals so that I don't end up homeless.

My car is broken. I have two pairs of pants that do not have holes in them.

I have no job.

If I were ANY better off I would donate. But I really can't.

Miles Dunn
12-16-2011, 12:26 AM
Can barely afford to wipe my own ass, guess i'll stink awhile for liberty. Top Roman and Mac N Cheese for a couple weeks it is!

Amount: $100.00
Transaction ID: 4W3416843E3165649
Transaction date/time: 2011-12-16 00:25:34

Birdlady
12-16-2011, 12:28 AM
Most of the "1400" are not actual human beings. Also, I don't know if I speak for others who are too broke to donate, but I can tell you that I'm barely paying rent right now, and I'm actually rationing my meals so that I don't end up homeless.

I have no job.

^This.

LibertyProsperity_56
I pledge not to drink any alcohol for one month--no Saturday evening drinks with friends for one month. That will generate savings of about $100. I am donating that in the morning!!

newbitech

I have no job.

dude you sound like me. 4 years ago, I had no problem dropping 500 bucks for this one. today, 50. and that is forgoing car insurance, since like you, my car is broke. Well, it's not yet, but will be if I drive it another 1000 miles. I got a bike heh..

JoshLowry
12-16-2011, 12:29 AM
Most of the "1400" are not actual human beings.

What? There are spiders that search our site, but the vast majority are real active users. I don't pad our stats.

Matthew Zak
dude you sound like me. 4 years ago, I had no problem dropping 500 bucks for this one. today, 50. and that is forgoing car insurance, since like you, my car is broke. Well, it's not yet, but will be if I drive it another 1000 miles. I got a bike heh..

4 years ago I donated $300 or so. Times are tough, man.

JasonC

I have no job.

I do not blame you at all for not donating and you should not feel bad for your inability to do so. I'll separate this into two categories: the "few" and the "most." You would be in the category of the "few" people who say they can't donate and actually can't. It is not my intention to make anyone with financial troubles feel bad, but I know there are many people out there who are in the "most" category of people who say they can't donate or can only give $10 or 20.... Most of those people could donate more with some small (and temporary) habit changes/expense adjustments.

cdc482
12-16-2011, 12:32 AM
I'm a college student. I am a couple thousand in debt. I work 30 hours a work during the school year and 70 hours a week during the summer at slightly above minimum wage jobs. I donated $100 tonight.

tremendoustie
12-16-2011, 12:34 AM
I'm a college student. I am a couple thousand in debt. I work 30 hours a work during the school year and 70 hours a week during the summer at slightly above minimum wage jobs. I donated $100 tonight.

Thank you.

tremendoustie
12-16-2011, 12:35 AM
If you're considering not donating at all, please throw in $5, or even $1 instead. Number of donations counts too, not just $$ amount.

Firehouse26
12-16-2011, 12:36 AM
That's the spirit!

PierzStyx
12-16-2011, 12:41 AM
I agree 100%. Rare is the person who can't afford to give at all. Most people just spend their money unwisely, myself included, on crap like McDonald's and vice. Skip a Big Mac and give that money to Ron Paul. Its worth the effort. Think, you will have given up a small pleasure now to bring greater happiness in the long run!

Qdog
12-16-2011, 12:59 AM
Even a homeless dude can afford 5 bucks. They just have to panhandle a little harder, or cut back on some of the beer. Everyone give something, but dont put your family out on the street. Ron wouldn't want that anyway. Im out of work, but I worked my ass off when I had a job, and was a total Grinch for years so I have some savings. I feel bad for some of you guys that dont have 2 nickels to rub together. I was in your shoes not too long ago. Anyway, here's $200 Ron!

LibertyDreckman
12-16-2011, 01:08 AM
If you have high speed internet, you can donate. Period.

PauliticsPolitics
12-16-2011, 01:16 AM
http://i27.tinypic.com/woeok.jpg

JasonC
12-16-2011, 01:25 AM
I'll be at work tomorrow, so could others try to keep this thread bumped for the duration of the money bomb. I really think we can beat our last record if everyone goes all out on this one. We need all we can get from this. Call your friends who aren't political but like RP from your discussions with them and ask them to donate $5 bucks..... DO ANYTHING and EVERYTHING to bring in as much as we can today!!! Plus, with the joe Rogan/Ron Paul Leno appearance, we may see a last hour surge if Rogan plugs Ron Paul's money bomb.

Matthew Zak
12-16-2011, 01:30 AM
The only food I have is ramen noodles. :/

newbitech
12-16-2011, 01:37 AM
The only food I have is ramen noodles. :/

bean soup man. get ur protein. I just made a huge pot of lentils with carrots, celery, onion, tomatoes. cost me about 10 bucks. will last at least 3 days for lunch and dinner for me and my gf. ramen is what 5 for a dollar right? that's 50 bags of ramen. 2 for lunch 2 for dinner for 3 days is 12 bags x2 people is 24 bags. so for 5 more bucks you can have veggies and protein. you'll need it to survive! I have ramen too, but I need protein!

JasonC
12-16-2011, 01:38 AM
If you are the one of the few people who actually can't afford to donate at all or anymore than you have, please don't reply to this thread and tell us why. I don't mean to be insensitive and I wish you the best, but I would like this thread to stay positive and encourage others who read it (who are in that "most" category I talked about earlier) to donate or donate more if they already have today and find that they can afford to give a bit more.

Carole
12-16-2011, 01:43 AM
Here is a hug for you Magic.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Thank yu hug}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}} :D

JasonC
12-16-2011, 01:50 AM
Here is a hug for you Magic.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Thank yu hug}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}} :D

See that all you single guys.... women give you hugs if you can give a little more money today ;)

ryanjmichie
12-16-2011, 01:56 AM
Have donated for MOST moneybombs. I work 50 hr weeks and do school. Its imperative you also become involved. I can't afford home internet/cable, so I can't phone bank, but I did become a delegate and busted my ass getting many signatures and becoming a YfRP chapter leader. Ron Paul is busting his butt and will give us a chance to restore liberty like no one else now can. We may not get a candidate like him for a long time.

JasonC
12-16-2011, 02:04 AM
Have donated for MOST moneybombs. I work 50 hr weeks and do school. Its imperative you also become involved. I can't afford home internet/cable, so I can't phone bank, but I did become a delegate and busted my ass getting many signatures and becoming a YfRP chapter leader. Ron Paul is busting his butt and will give us a chance to restore liberty like no one else now can. We may not get a candidate like him for a long time.

That's great man, and I understand there are some who can't donate. Actions like the ones you did are extremely helpful for the campaign. Everyone should be doing whatever they can if they want RP to win. I'll admit it, I could do a heck of a lot more. Tonight, though, I realized it and am going to do something about it. My hope with this thread is that others come to this same realization.

ryanjmichie
12-16-2011, 02:11 AM
Im with you bud! Ill say this in hopes it'll help people not just in donating but in life. Create an excel document and meticulously document all your cash on hand, bank account, projected monthly and weekly expenses, keep a note of misc monies spent. It helped me donate some more and to save money and realize my limited but sometimes frivolous spending. Let's do it!

EBounding
12-16-2011, 10:36 AM
If Ron Paul knocked on your door today and personally asked you to donate, how much would you give to him? Whatever your answer is, that's how much you should donate to the money bomb.

Luieburger
12-16-2011, 11:21 AM
I'm trying to get my parents to donate $2,500 so I can pay them back with a check. I'm already maxed. No... I'm freaking serious.

vechorik
12-16-2011, 11:29 AM
If you're considering not donating at all, please throw in $5, or even $1 instead. Number of donations counts too, not just $$ amount.

I agree. Numbers matter. I donated all I can already to the campaign, PAC and for brochures, but I'll toss something in today, just to make "one more for Ron Paul."
Feel silly donating such a small amount, but I see the point -- NUMBERS COUNT TOO!

So is this "Tea Party Bomb" not part of the $2,500 maximum amount allowed?

Darin
12-16-2011, 12:13 PM
I'm trying to get my parents to donate $2,500 so I can pay them back with a check. I'm already maxed. No... I'm freaking serious.

HAHA. I'd max out if someone wants to pay my mortgage for the next 4 months! :p

curtissthompson
12-16-2011, 05:32 PM
I've given a lot earlier on and am so broke right now I can barely afford gifts for the holidays, but I can spare $4.20 for Freedom!

Feel free to retweet: https://twitter.com/#!/curtissthompson/status/147803325591597056

Here are your transaction details:
Donation amount: $4.20
Transaction date/time: 2011-12-16 16:23:04
Transaction ID: 75M40749TM254194E

Remember, if Paul doesn't have the money he needs now to do well in the early voting states, then this could be the LAST Ron Paul MoneyBomb EVER!

FordGTGuy
12-16-2011, 05:40 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XE8BgQzyktE

Freedom is a buck o' five.

Seriously I also have no money as I have no job........ I lost my last job to bronchitis and haven't been able to find one since.....

JasonC
12-16-2011, 06:57 PM
Thank you!

Thank you for your generous donation!
Amount: $25.00
Transaction ID: 326434749
Transaction date/time: 2011-12-16 18:55:29

JasonC
12-16-2011, 06:57 PM
I'll see if I can come up with a bit more before the end of the night... Come on everyone....

curtissthompson
12-16-2011, 08:57 PM
Can't afford to donate any MONEY? Then contribute a little of your TIME and $5 will be donated to the Ron Paul Super Brochure Project! ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS PLAY A GAME & the creator will contribute $5 to help send Ron Paul Super Brochures to early voting states!

Slay A Dragon In Dungeoneers & $5 Will Be Donated To Elect Ron Paul: www.Dungeoneers.com/RonPaul (http://bit.ly/Dragon4RP)

1776Patriot
12-17-2011, 02:11 AM
wasn't much but just donated $20.12 - will look at bills tomorrow and see if I can donate again. Times are tough for sure. I am the only one working in a house of 5, but if I can afford an occasional beer and such I can afford to contribute to my kids freedom

1776Patriot
12-17-2011, 02:52 AM
jut donated what I will have made from donating or selling blood plasma for the week - an extra $50. Perhaps we could all do a blood plasma for Dr Paul drive and all go donate blood and donate the $20-$30 gained to the Dr Paul campaign

pen_thief
12-17-2011, 03:02 PM

I have no job.

Trust me, I know how you feel. I've done everything I can and participated in two money bombs when I was able to. My mom was just diagnosed with cancer and hasn't had a paycheck in 6 weeks and now we're on a very restricted diet to try and help her, which costs more. I have a small business that's barely helping us afford groceries. I love Ron Paul, but we can't even make our house payment right now because the hospital is taking their sweet-ass time getting the paperwork sent to the insurance company. I understand this post is meant to light a fire under the asses of people who really could be helping, but I hope at the same time people understand that some of us need every last penny in this economy. I don't have luxuries like some people may assume, I neither drink or smoke, I don't go anywhere besides run errands and only own about 3 shirts that fit me. I was lucky to get a winter jacket this year before my mom got the diagnosis. I suppose we could stop paying our internet bill, in which case I wouldn't even be here participating and spreading awareness. It doesn't matter that I've helped spread the word about Ron Paul to other people who are financially blessed? Okay. It would help if people could distinguish between being stingy and being in flat-out poverty.

pen_thief
12-17-2011, 03:06 PM
Slay A Dragon In Dungeoneers & $5 Will Be Donated To Elect Ron Paul: www.Dungeoneers.com/RonPaul (http://bit.ly/Dragon4RP)[/QUOTE]

I will do this. lol
I will also probably suck at it. Here goes.

crh88
12-18-2011, 07:18 PM
My wife and I are both unemployed at the moment, and we sacrificed our Christmas money for liberty:

I just donated $51.76 to Ron Paul to help Restore America Now! You can donate too at www.ronpaul2012.com.
http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/382601_10150560424917317_569212316_11071487_122680 9926_n.jpg

JasonC
12-18-2011, 10:35 PM
My wife and I are both unemployed at the moment, and we sacrificed our Christmas money for liberty:

I just donated $51.76 to Ron Paul to help Restore America Now! You can donate too at www.ronpaul2012.com.
http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/382601_10150560424917317_569212316_11071487_122680 9926_n.jpg

Awesome! We may never have another chance like this... and it looks like Ron will be first in Iowa in the PPP poll coming out tomorrow. We can and will win this but the campaign needs money!!!!! I truly believe the money we are all donating (that many of us are making big sacrifices to give) will be more than worth it. For Liberty!

JasonC
12-29-2011, 04:20 PM
Bump... maybe it'll help get some more money rolling in..

I donated another 20.12 today..

Tiger35
12-29-2011, 04:31 PM
About a cool Mil to hit the goal. That's not much if we all dig in. We are winning! Kiss another $100 worth of fiat goodbye.