PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul will not see heavy attacks until after Iowa--Here is why

Chomsky
12-15-2011, 10:51 PM
http://milwaukeestory.com/index.php/2011/12/14/what-will-the-inevitable-attacks-on-ron-paul-produce-341/

"If Gingrich would attack Paul as he is statistically tied it could backfire on Gingrich because according to the most recent PPP poll Gingrich's unfavorables are high with Paul supporters(35% compared to Perry's 10%), meaning Gingrich would not likely gain supporters from attacks on Paul."

The article goes on to make a few more points. RP is pretty much in the sweet spot of the polls and nobody wants to attack him as long as he is there. The trick is every other candidate thinks they are being helped by him. I think if they start the hardcore attacks only after RP has a win it may be too late for them.

Chomsky
12-15-2011, 11:05 PM
Not sure I would consider the Hannity nonsense as attacks. The establishment is starting to put out feelers on the newsletter line of attack though. There is no doubt that is what they consider the nuclear option against RP. The real question is will we ever see it in an ad. If we do we will know that RP is knocking on the door of the White House and that is the time we need to give every last ounce of effort.

I bet RP increased his donations tomorrow with the Hannity interview tonight, I would not consider that a successful attack.

Chomsky
12-15-2011, 11:42 PM
I think the msm did themselves a disservice rolling the same attacks out last time and rolling them out again. I think Rand will play a key role in beating back the attacks and pointing out that they tried to play the same tricks on him and failed in Kentucky. He can show that the MSM/foxnews are doing the same thing msnbc/left did in the senate race and in the process maybe break a little of the left/right conditioning that potential RP supporters may have.

Karsten
12-15-2011, 11:45 PM
What do you call the last 3 days???

Taco John
12-15-2011, 11:50 PM
What do you call the last 3 days???

Minor footsie from the establishment to test the waters on lines of attack. This is nothing compared to when the Jamie Kirchick article originally came out.

Frankly, we should want this stuff out now before it can really hurt us.

dolphin
12-15-2011, 11:51 PM
http://milwaukeestory.com/index.php/2011/12/14/what-will-the-inevitable-attacks-on-ron-paul-produce-341/

"If Gingrich would attack Paul as he is statistically tied it could backfire on Gingrich because according to the most recent PPP poll Gingrich's unfavorables are high with Paul supporters(35% compared to Perry's 10%), meaning Gingrich would not likely gain supporters from attacks on Paul."

The article goes on to make a few more points. RP is pretty much in the sweet spot of the polls and nobody wants to attack him as long as he is there. The trick is every other candidate thinks they are being helped by him. I think if they start the hardcore attacks only after RP has a win it may be too late for them.

I think it is a bit more simple than that.

They don't attack PAUL because they want US if he does not get the nomination.

Perry and Romney do anyway.

Bachman knows she is just there to run her mouth and possibly become someones running mate as is Santorum.

Gingrich tries not to attack anyone because it is part of his strategy to garner the sympathy vote.

It gives him the aura of sensibility to the voters which has been his persona since day one.

In addition to that he has the full support of the estableshment and their propaganda churn.

In a very real way Gingrich is Obama's running mate.

boneyard bill
12-16-2011, 12:54 AM
If Ron Paul wins, everybody lives to fight another day. Meanwhile, Romney has to worry about Perry more than Paul. Romney can survive a third place finish but fourth would be a disaster. Perry is spending a lot of money on ads pandering to fundamentalists, and it seems to be helping him.

dolphin
12-16-2011, 01:47 AM
If Ron Paul wins, everybody lives to fight another day. Meanwhile, Romney has to worry about Perry more than Paul. Romney can survive a third place finish but fourth would be a disaster. Perry is spending a lot of money on ads pandering to fundamentalists, and it seems to be helping him.

If thats true then that makes Perry a stealth ally of GingGrinch.

Rest assured the estableshment has very sophisticated AI programs that run the various scenerio's.

They experiment with issues to determine which ones to play up and which ones to play down.

Which ones to use, when to use them, and how to apply them to the various candidates in the debates and in the media.

The same programs they use to run war games work very well for elections.

I am certain Rand, or some other major National Security social engineering department has developed the requsite parameters to program into the models based on the sociological makeup of the population.

Chomsky
12-16-2011, 09:20 AM
If thats true then that makes Perry a stealth ally of GingGrinch.

Rest assured the estableshment has very sophisticated AI programs that run the various scenerio's.

They experiment with issues to determine which ones to play up and which ones to play down.

Which ones to use, when to use them, and how to apply them to the various candidates in the debates and in the media.

The same programs they use to run war games work very well for elections.

I am certain Rand, or some other major National Security social engineering department has developed the requsite parameters to program into the models based on the sociological makeup of the population.

It is pretty terrifying to think that they are that sophisticated in their attacks, and it will make it even more satisfying when we ultimately defeat them at their own game.

ctiger2
12-16-2011, 10:40 AM
I fully expect Gingrich's PAC to go full on dirty assault on Ron after he wins IA w/30%+. I expect to see comments in his newsletters in commercials attacking him.

undergroundrr
12-16-2011, 10:48 AM
I fully expect Gingrich's PAC to go full on dirty assault on Ron after he wins IA w/30%+. I expect to see comments in his newsletters in commercials attacking him.

I'll go one further. I think the average American will be able to quote the Kirchick excerpts on cue. They will memorize them from the volume of attacks that use them. If not in the primary, then certainly in the general.

The supporters now need to toughen up and be emotionally ready for this. It's not going to be easy to take unless we've hardened ourselves and are armed with a friendly, compelling, and clear response.

freejack
12-16-2011, 01:56 PM
I'll go one further. I think the average American will be able to quote the Kirchick excerpts on cue. They will memorize them from the volume of attacks that use them. If not in the primary, then certainly in the general.

The supporters now need to toughen up and be emotionally ready for this. It's not going to be easy to take unless we've hardened ourselves and are armed with a friendly, compelling, and clear response.

Agreed 100%. This issue is not going to go away until the person who wrote them outs themselves. Let's hope he/she develops a conscience and does what is right for this country.

Chomsky
12-16-2011, 03:02 PM

This really cannot be emphasized enough, RP supporters have the opportunity to finally fight this battle. This is the battle we dreamed of fighting in 07-08 but the campaign was never taken seriously enough for us to fight it. Now that it is hear we cannot be discouraged. Did we ever think this thing was going to be handed to us on a silver platter. The next year is going to be one of the most exciting times in our country in recent history. We should be devoting every spare second to the fight. The best thing we can do is devote this weekend to the phone banking.

undergroundrr
12-16-2011, 03:07 PM
This issue is not going to go away until the person who wrote them outs themselves. Let's hope he/she develops a conscience and does what is right for this country.

I don't believe this is going to happen. If the person is dead, it's literally impossible. In terms of supporter morale, waiting for it to happen is equivalent to waiting for the billionaire.

jbuttell
12-16-2011, 03:11 PM
Agreed 100%. This issue is not going to go away until the person who wrote them outs themselves. Let's hope he/she develops a conscience and does what is right for this country.

I don't see how it would make a difference one way or another if that person comes out or not. In either case, Ron took responsibility and ended it. They know he didn't write them and they dont care. The whole issue is such bullshit, especially in the wake of comments from Obama and his Infamous reverend friend.

Umad
12-16-2011, 03:28 PM
Let's lock this stupid thread up. It's factually not sure.