12-15-2011, 10:01 PM
Where?

back2basics
12-15-2011, 10:03 PM
he needs to articulate better, it seems like he is too advanced for some people

RP Supporter
I'd say 8. People are overreacting.

That said, Paul should put out an ad saying he gets the most donations from the military. Golden opportunity to help himself.

Havax
I think Ron stumbled on the initial Iran question but totally redeemed himself in the Bachmann exchange. Everyone already knew this was Ron's position. He shouldn't lose any support. We need the independents and dems to turn out in a big way on caucus night.

Muwahid
12-15-2011, 10:04 PM
8 - He could have answered the Iran question more head on. I also dont think he should bring up the "It's logical for Iran to want a weapon" point, it warrents an exhaustive explanation longer than the 30-60 seconds allotted. Should stick to one main point, if the United States' national defense is threatened, and it goes through congress, war will be declared with a declaration of war. Period.

nyrgoal99
12-15-2011, 10:04 PM
I'd say 8. People are overreacting.

That said, Paul should put out an ad saying he gets the most donations from the military. Golden opportunity to help himself.

People said he did bad in the Huckabee Forum while I thought he did well

People overreact

12-15-2011, 10:06 PM

He didn't take any damage.

For all the naysayers on the Iran question, everyone in that room and everyone watching already knew his position and what his answer would be, yet he still has solid support.

InTradePro
12-15-2011, 10:09 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WW6ms-n8F_A

Really good except didn't nail Bachman's paranoid comment of one nuclear weapon.
No point explaining the misquoted UN report the point was even if they had a nuclear weapon russia had 4000 include some in cuba and that wasn't an issue in the cold war.

kylejack
12-15-2011, 10:09 PM
He was totally dominating in the first half. On foreign policy, Baier pushed him even further to answers than he has ever been pushed before and I'm concerned we might have taken some damage.

LibertyDreckman
12-15-2011, 10:10 PM
It doesn't matter what we think. It matters what the soft supporters and undecided think. If Huckabee forums say we did bad, not a good sign. I don't get the reason to keep the rhetoric on Iran at full strength. Iran is irrelevant to the election.

seawolf
12-15-2011, 10:14 PM
Campaign needs to create an Ad fast on Ron Paul's Foreign Policy and how he will defend America's interest by following the US Constitution.

Opponents and the media will hammer Ron's foreign policy views now more than ever after this Debate, saying he is not in the Republican mainstream and unwilling to defend America's interests.

Bank on it.

InTradePro
12-15-2011, 10:21 PM
Campaign needs to create an Ad fast on Ron Paul's Foreign Policy and how he will defend America's interest by following the US Constitution.

Opponents and the media will hammer Ron's foreign policy views now more than ever after this Debate, saying he is not in the Republican mainstream and unwilling to defend America's interests.

Bank on it.
Whats new?

I don't see the need for an ad for an issue that few voters view as important.

LibertyEsq
12-15-2011, 10:22 PM
C+/5. The only questions he got asked in the second hour were on Iran. Luckily, I don't think it will hurt him enough to stop his momentum. We will win Iowa if we have a big day tomorrow!

runningdiz
12-15-2011, 10:23 PM

He didn't take any damage.

For all the naysayers on the Iran question, everyone in that room and everyone watching already knew his position and what his answer would be, yet he still has solid support.

Yup, exactly. If they did not know his views on this issue then they were never solid supporters anyway.

ScottishRP fan
12-15-2011, 10:26 PM
he showed his human side tonight

bachmann is a human troll

bunklocoempire
12-15-2011, 10:31 PM
The most truth gushed out of Ron's mouth and NO lies. That's a 10 in my book.

sofia
12-15-2011, 10:34 PM
he failed to capitalize on two big opportunities...

1. He should have mentioned his military donations when Baeir tried to paint him as "left of Obama" on Iran

2. That Supreme Court answer was totally nutty. All he had to do is say Scalia and shut up.

Revolution9
12-15-2011, 10:38 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WW6ms-n8F_A

Really good except didn't nail Bachman's paranoid comment of one nuclear weapon.
No point explaining the misquoted UN report the point was even if they had a nuclear weapon russia had 4000 include some in cuba and that wasn't an issue in the cold war.

Missed that on the stream. I will now award him a nine in this poll because he stuck to his guns and that is why I am here.

Rev9

BuddyRey
12-15-2011, 10:51 PM
Anyone who thinks Ron didn't have at least an ABOVE-average performance tonight must have been watching a completely different debate from the one I saw. He held his own valiantly and lucidly with numerous facts, a few great soundbytes, and a clear head.

Arklatex
12-15-2011, 10:54 PM
Didn't see the debate until the part with Bachman so I'll defer,b but i thought he won that little tussle I saw so for that segment I give him a 9.

Paul4Prez
12-15-2011, 11:59 PM
Wow -- I saw this poll before I watched the debate and was worried that he had bombed. Then I watched it, and he was GREAT. I gave him a 9, only because he was even better last week.

kylejack
12-16-2011, 12:04 AM
Ron shouldn't have accepted Baier's premise about Iran, which was that a peaceful approach was "left of Obama". He should have played his cards about non-interventionism being the policy of the old Republican party.

nyrgoal99
12-16-2011, 07:12 AM
bump

DerekB
12-16-2011, 07:18 AM
9 in the first half. 2 in the second half. I averaged it out to 5. Accepting Brett Baier's premise was a big mistake. He's got a ton of great foreign policy talking points. He missed most of them completely and the others came way too late - but at least they came.