PDA

View Full Version : I am so excited! And tired. I want to thank...

Sematary
11-07-2007, 10:45 PM
I can't wait to see this rally come off! We have worked hard - everyone has, especially the grassroots in Philly. I have to give special kudos to Bill and Jay and Mehul in Philly because they have worked their tails off to make this happen. Dan libby, who has been doing the website has been phenomenal. Andy Myers, who originally assisted me on the ground in Philly so we secure the site and has been supporting the effort through some of his own trying times, has also been phenomenal.

There have been some serious trials and tribulations with this event. There were several points - the most recent being when the campaign announced that it wanted to change the venue to Valley Forge, when we thought this thing wasn't going to come off but I had faith. I've known from the beginning that this was going to happen and I know now that it is going to be THE event of the primary season. I have been fielding emails and phone calls from media people who want to set up at the rally and get interviews with the Dr. this past week, as I worked with the Philly guys and Neal Moore to get the I's dotted and the T's crossed on the venue and the insurance in place. It's been an insane week and I'll be honest - I'm glad this thing is almost here because I need a rest. ;)
:D

I guess, before I finish this, I need to thank ALL OF YOU! The people who commented in various posts and helped with ideas and ultimately, you are the ones who are going to make this amazing event a roaring success and a worthy successor to the November 5th money bomb that lit the media on fire. Now it's time to restoke that fire and get our man's name out again! Let's keep hitting them and hitting them and hitting them until we win this thing!
Don't forget November 11th: http://www.thisnovember11th.com/

Bob

slantedview
11-08-2007, 01:01 AM
Your hard work will soon be rewarded :)

john_anderson_ii
11-08-2007, 02:12 AM
Has anyone asked the Philly meet up group if they are going to have a method of promoting the December 16th "Tea Party" drive?

I don't know if they any people, energy, or resources left, but some flyers with the teaparty07 URL on it might go a long way toward making our next money bomb even bigger.

These donation drives are so effective as proving the legitimacy of Ron Paul that it would be a waste if an event this huge wasn't used to cross promote. The more people that know about the 16th, the more we raise! :D

And finally, thanks for all the effort. This is going to be really bad ass. For the first time ever I'm regretting my decision to live where it never snows! Philly is just too far for me to get to.

jake
11-08-2007, 02:22 AM
YES, a simple TeaParty07 flyer for every attendee at the Philly rally would be phenomenal

Sematary
11-08-2007, 07:06 AM
YES, a simple TeaParty07 flyer for every attendee at the Philly rally would be phenomenal

I could have sworn I saw one floating around. Did you check the teaparty07 stickied thread?

Nefertiti
11-08-2007, 07:54 AM
Bob-You are the one who deserves the thanks.

Sematary
11-08-2007, 09:36 AM
Bob-You are the one who deserves the thanks.

http://www.slais.ubc.ca/courses/libr500/04-05-wt1/www/C_Campbell/media/smiley-emb.gif

angelatc
11-08-2007, 09:45 AM
Ron Paul mentioned your Rally on the Chicago conference call last night. No pressure, but he's expecting great things. :)

Sematary
11-08-2007, 09:54 AM
Ron Paul mentioned your Rally on the Chicago conference call last night. No pressure, but he's expecting great things. :)

So are we. They should have left it in the hands of the grassroots though.

uncloned21
11-08-2007, 10:10 AM
I'm excited too! My questions:

What can I do from Atlanta to promote the event?
What is the best place to watch/listen the rally live?

Sematary
11-08-2007, 10:13 AM
I'm excited too! My questions:

What can I do from Atlanta to promote the event?
What is the best place to watch/listen the rally live?

Why not just drive up? You aren't any further away than I am. That was one of the beautiful things about his location.

We ARE hoping, however, to have a live video feed on the website. :)

uncloned21
11-08-2007, 10:18 AM
wow, just 12 hours on the road, at the speed limit...I overestimated the time. If I looked into it last week, I could have come up. maybe next time!

Sematary
11-08-2007, 10:37 AM
wow, just 12 hours on the road, at the speed limit...I overestimated the time. If I looked into it last week, I could have come up. maybe next time!

There is no NEXT TIME! We make our statement NOW, or the opportunity is forever lost.

Sematary
11-08-2007, 10:38 AM

P.S. - there is NO WAY that will take 12 hours. I live in NE Ct. and I was able to drive to Jacksonville Florida in 18 You should be able to make it in 8 or 9 - especially if you travel overnight.

Nefertiti
11-08-2007, 12:06 PM

Did you notice though how for some strange reason he forgot to say the word Philadelphia? It was really odd, as if someone had cut that word out of the middle of the sentence rather than he forgot to mention Philadelphia because the actual sentence made no sense unless it had Philadelphia in it.

dgingerich
11-08-2007, 02:58 PM
P.S. - there is NO WAY that will take 12 hours. I live in NE Ct. and I was able to drive to Jacksonville Florida in 18 You should be able to make it in 8 or 9 - especially if you travel overnight.

I find that hard to believe. I live in western VA, and it takes me 8-9 hours to Atlanta and 5+ hours to Philly. No way you can make it from Atlanta to Philly in 8-9 hours (unless your driving 90+ mph).:eek:

d991
11-08-2007, 03:46 PM
I'm coming from Canada with 3 friends. It's going to take 9 hours each way. You aren't going to let some Canadians show you up are you?