PDA

View Full Version : One thing I've noticed...Ron Paul doesn't make retarded gaffes

Gaddafi Duck
12-15-2011, 05:40 PM
I was just thinking of all the numerous Bush-isms there were, and how people like Biden and Obama manage to say stupid shit beyond their retarded policies, but I honestly can't think of an instance where Ron Paul said something dumb. No accidental live microphone blunders to speak of... even though Ron Paul may not be the most charismatic to a disinterested apathetic, he doesn't say stupid shit like these other clowns do.

dannno
12-15-2011, 05:42 PM
I've heard him stumble over his words a few times, and mis-speak or miss something really minute, but I can't think of anything like what you're describing and I have listened to countless interviews, debates, speeches, etc.

RPsupporterAtHeart
12-15-2011, 05:42 PM
Because when you live the same principles you speak, and you speak the the same language your entire life it is impossible to make those gaffes. Those mistakes come from someone who has changed opinions or policies and can't keep their shit straight.

bbartlog
12-15-2011, 05:44 PM
Having basically the same message for thirty years helps in that regard. The other thing is that while his delivery is sometimes not perfect - he might ramble or speak too fast - his minor failures are not the sort of thing that you can make some sort of 15 second killer negative ad out of.

Canderson
12-15-2011, 05:44 PM
If he quotes or paraphrases Osama again it will hurt

Havax
12-15-2011, 05:45 PM
That's because he's not a retard.

muh_roads
12-15-2011, 05:48 PM
That's because he's not a retard.

rude but I couldn't help from lol

nobody's_hero
12-15-2011, 05:51 PM
He gets excited sometimes. I have heard him mix up billions with trillions when talking about Fed bailouts. It's not like anyone in Washington knows the difference, though.

Gaddafi Duck
12-15-2011, 05:54 PM
He stumbles...who doesn't?? My point is he doesn't say things like, "Netanyahu is an asshole/I have to deal with him everyday"

Gaddafi Duck
12-15-2011, 05:55 PM
He gets excited sometimes. I have heard him mix up billions with trillions when talking about Fed bailouts. It's not like anyone in Washington knows the difference, though.

Calling a billion a trillion isn't a big deal to me...I'm talking actual statements that make you face palm. Never heard Paul say something that made me go "Wtf??"