PDA

View Full Version : The smear campaign starts tonight in full swing...

runamuck
12-15-2011, 04:53 PM
All I have to say is that I hope Ron is fully prepared to knock down all these baseless charges...

A press conference where someone reveals themselves to be the true writer of the letters would also be in order...

PastaRocket848
12-15-2011, 04:54 PM
whoever did the writing had better be getting their hair did... they've got a close-up coming soon. seriously, if they don't reveal themselves and clear this all up, it could be very bad.

bluesc
12-15-2011, 04:57 PM
whoever did the writing had better be getting their hair did... they've got a close-up coming soon. seriously, if they don't reveal themselves and clear this all up, it could be very bad.

I said they should have preemptively came out and admitted it days ago to prevent this.

mit26chell
12-15-2011, 04:57 PM
Lew Rockwell was the true author of the letters, no? That's what I've come to understand in researching them. He needs to step up and fawking admit it, in a press conference. It's absurd that he hasn't yet - is he willing to sacrifice the future of this country over some stupid newsletters?

12-15-2011, 05:04 PM
It's not going to happen. Ron won't be smeared. The GOP establishment has seen the numbers. They know they lose if they piss him off and he runs 3rd party. He holds a lot more power than some on here give him credit for and has played his cards just right. Ron has been at this a long time, knows what he is doing and has experienced mainstream campaign people.

runamuck
12-15-2011, 05:06 PM
It's not going to happen. Ron won't be smeared. The GOP establishment has seen the numbers. They know they lose if they piss him off and he runs 3rd party. He holds a lot more power than some on here give him credit for and has played his cards just right.

The fact of the matter is, if the person who wrote them doesn't come out and fall on their sword it won't matter if he wins the GOP nomination. This will be used against him in the General Election hardcore.

12-15-2011, 05:08 PM
The fact of the matter is, if the person who wrote them doesn't come out and fall on their sword it won't matter if he wins the GOP nomination. This will be used against him in the General Election hardcore.

It's no worse than the reverend wright stuff. It's just not PC stuff from the 80's not hardcore racism.

Kords21
12-15-2011, 05:09 PM
They can only run with this for so long before people get tired of the constat cries of "rascism" contrary to what Hannity believes, people are way more concerned about the economy, their bellies, their prosperity than they are over who wrote what in 20+ year old newsletters. In the long run this is going to hurt Hannity/Levin much more than it'll hurt Ron Paul.

Diurdi
12-15-2011, 05:09 PM
Lew Rockwell was the true author of the letters, no? So Reason magazine claims.

bluesc
12-15-2011, 05:11 PM
So apparently even Rush is pushing the "Ron Paul said 9/11 was an inside job" LIE. They can't get away with this.

12-15-2011, 05:12 PM
You guys are giving way to much credit to the talking heads. They don't have that kind of influence anymore.

bluesc
12-15-2011, 05:14 PM
You guys are giving way to much credit to the talking heads. They don't have that kind of influence anymore.

Explain Rick Perry, Herman Cain, Newt Gingrich..

Alone, they don't, but when they spew this in unison they do. The author needs to come out, and Ron and/or Rand needs to call in and make it very clear that Ron is not a truther.

ghengis86
12-15-2011, 05:18 PM

Alone, they don't, but when they spew this in unison they do. The author needs to come out, and Ron and/or Rand needs to call in and make it very clear that Ron is not a truther.

All those candidates have failed and Newt is falling.

runamuck
12-15-2011, 05:20 PM
9/11 Truther? Who the hell is spewing that lie?

Talk about grasping at straws. I guess when you can't attack a mans honesty, credibility, and record you have use baseless smears.

12-15-2011, 05:21 PM

Faux news pumped them with constant coverage. Not Hannity/Limbaugh/Levin. Even the Faux pump up didn't work for long. Hannity's little game yesterday wasn't even a blip on the MSM radar. They don't matter as much anymore and the whole neocon breed is dying out.

It's best to just let the talking heads rant and leave it be unless the story breaks into MSM. Even responding to nonsense gives it a semblance of credibility.

bluesc
12-15-2011, 05:22 PM
All those candidates have failed and Newt is falling.

Perry was dumped by the same people who pumped him up, Cain was inevitable, Newt is going down due to half of the establishment constantly attacking him.

bluesc
12-15-2011, 05:23 PM
Faux news pumped them with constant coverage. Not Hannity/Limbaugh/Levin. Even the Faux pump up didn't work for long. Hannity's little game yesterday wasn't even a blip on the MSM radar. They don't matter as much anymore and the whole neocon breed is dying out.

It's best to just let the talking heads rant and leave it be unless the story breaks into MSM.

Radio hosts have bigger audiences.

12-15-2011, 05:24 PM
Radio hosts have bigger audiences.

Not anymore. Nobody listens to them, they reach less than a million listeners anymore. Their target audience isn't going to vote for Ron anyway so who cares, let them rant.

bluesc
12-15-2011, 05:25 PM
Not anymore. Nobody listens to them, they reach less than a million listeners anymore. Their target audience isn't going to vote for Ron anyway so who cares, let them rant.

I don't know where you're getting your information. They are nationally syndicated. They have millions of listeners.

12-15-2011, 05:31 PM
I don't know where you're getting your information. They are nationally syndicated. They have millions of listeners.

Beck's rating's are down 50% this year

Hannity/Rush/Levin are down 33% this year

Ultra right talk radio is dying out

bluesc
12-15-2011, 05:33 PM
Beck's rating's are down 50% this year

Hannity/Rush/Levin are down 33% this year

Ultra right talk radio is dying out

That's internet listeners if I remember correctly.

12-15-2011, 05:36 PM
That's internet listeners if I remember correctly.

No, over the air ratings. Google it if you want. These guys and their brand of hate is dying out.

rolle
12-15-2011, 05:37 PM
No, over the air ratings. Google it if you want. These guys and their brand of hate is dying out.

Music to my ears

bluesc
12-15-2011, 05:38 PM

Then Rush is down to 10,000,000 a week. Woo.

rp713
12-15-2011, 05:45 PM
yeah whoever wrote it needs to come out or the campaign needs to expose who did it if the person doesnt fess up. im sorry, but keeping that person secret will not do us any good and will make it look even worse. come out with it within the next week and squash it before it spreads everywhere like a virus. who gives a fuck about this person who did it when the country is on the line here.

GunnyFreedom
12-15-2011, 05:56 PM
I agree with what everyone's said, the author finally coming forward would solve a LOT of angst. There is a possibility not covered here though. What if the original author is actually dead?

runamuck
12-15-2011, 06:05 PM
I agree with what everyone's said, the author finally coming forward would solve a LOT of angst. There is a possibility not covered here though. What if the original author is actually dead?

Who do you have in mind?

sailingaway
12-15-2011, 06:13 PM
Lew Rockwell was the true author of the letters, no? That's what I've come to understand in researching them. He needs to step up and fawking admit it, in a press conference. It's absurd that he hasn't yet - is he willing to sacrifice the future of this country over some stupid newsletters?

that would NOT stop it, whether it is him or not, it would just give them a new 'aspect' to disect to keep it alive. He didn't write them, didn't manage the newsletters, was serving the poor of all races and religions often at free or discounted service all the while those letters were written.

BUSHLIED
12-15-2011, 06:16 PM
Ron has already dissociated himself with the newsletter, we know he didn't write them, his policies and positions encourage tolerance, liberty, and peace...he may not really know who wrote them, it could be that someone did and wouldn't fess up about it either, Ron could genuinely not know. All he has to say is that if he knew he would have fired them or took them off the newsletters etc...