PDA

View Full Version : It's official: We're F***ed

green73
12-15-2011, 04:17 PM
The Senate passed the 2012 defense authorization bill 86-13 on Thursday, one day after the House of Representatives passed it in a 283-136 vote. The bill, which codifies a system of indefinite detention for terrorism suspects, will be sent to the President’s desk today.

The Obama administration is supportive of the bill and is expected to sign it into law

http://news.antiwar.com/2011/12/15/congress-passes-defense-bill-codifying-indefinite-detention/

Sam I am
12-15-2011, 04:38 PM
Interesting tidbit: Ron Paul did not vote against this bill.

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/vote.xpd?vote=h2011-932

Also, have a look at the bill's text

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/billtext.xpd?bill=h112-1540

LibertyEagle
12-15-2011, 04:45 PM
It shows him as not voting.

Icymudpuppy
12-15-2011, 04:45 PM
He was probably doing a campaign event during the vote. The Speaker probably planned it that way.

The Free Hornet
12-15-2011, 04:47 PM
Interesting tidbit: Ron Paul did not vote against this bill.

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/vote.xpd?vote=h2011-932

He is listed as "Not Voting" and it does not appear as if it would have mattered:

Aye: 283 (65%)

93 190 0
No: 136 (31%)
93 43 0
Present: 0 (0%)
0 0 0
Not Voting: 14 (3%)
6 8 0

green73
12-15-2011, 04:56 PM
LOOL to the dipstick who rated down this thread

nobody's_hero
12-15-2011, 05:10 PM
I can't blame Ron for missing this vote. He's doing much more good trying to get up on stage at speaking engagements, and as much as possible in the debates, to warn the American people. Speaking to Congress is now completely pointless.

If you have a problem with customer service, you ask to see the manager. If Congress is customer service, then the people are the managers. At least, if Ron Paul is able to remind them of that.

I can't wait until Ron Paul is the president and won't allow this to be enforced.

american.swan
12-15-2011, 05:13 PM
I can't blame Ron for missing this vote. He's doing much more good trying to get up on stage at speaking engagements, and as much as possible in the debates, to warn the American people. Speaking to Congress is now completely pointless.

If you have a problem with customer service, you ask to see the manager. If Congress is customer service, then the people are the managers. At least, if Ron Paul is able to remind them of that.

I can't wait until Ron Paul is the president and won't allow this to be enforced.

As President, I might demand this bill be repealed or I'll "detain" all those who voted for it.

Cutlerzzz
12-15-2011, 05:32 PM
As President, I might demand this bill be repealed or I'll "detain" all those who voted for it.Maybe President Paul could use it to force congress to cut spending by 2 trillion dollars?

Reason
12-15-2011, 05:43 PM
Fun while it lasted.

(Freedom, that is.)

Liberty74
12-15-2011, 05:52 PM
FEMA camps are set up
Fusion centers collecting data on people
TSA conditioning citizens for police state
Internet kill switch is in place
Illegal phone tapping
Assassinate Americans
Fast and Furious for another gun control grab (failed)

And now Obama can detain you forever without a lawyer.

BRAVO!!! I know Hannity, Rush, O'reilly, Coulter, Levin are all happy now.

nobody's_hero
12-15-2011, 05:52 PM
As President, I might demand this bill be repealed or I'll "detain" all those who voted for it.

Those who use terror tactics (fearmongering) to pass laws that strike down the people's Bill of Rights will be detained, lol. I like how you think.

anaconda
12-15-2011, 05:57 PM
Didn't the Patriot Act already allow for this shit? Indefinite detention? Or did that part sunset?

Reason
12-15-2011, 05:58 PM
What the f**k can we even do anymore...

F**k

Simple
12-15-2011, 05:59 PM

Now we're talking :D

John F Kennedy III
12-15-2011, 06:03 PM
The Senate passed the 2012 defense authorization bill 86-13 on Thursday, one day after the House of Representatives passed it in a 283-136 vote. The bill, which codifies a system of indefinite detention for terrorism suspects, will be sent to the President’s desk today.

The Obama administration is supportive of the bill and is expected to sign it into law

http://news.antiwar.com/2011/12/15/congress-passes-defense-bill-codifying-indefinite-detention/

Why didn't Mike Lee or Rand Paul vote?

Reason
12-15-2011, 06:04 PM
& This is with all the tea party f**ks that we elected...

Brick-in-the-Wall
12-15-2011, 06:06 PM
The question is, how much farther will they go and will the American people stand up for it?

It's getting close to grabbing a gun and overthrowing this shit. The sad thing is, most people are happy with the status quo and wouldn't do a damn thing :(

QueenB4Liberty
12-15-2011, 06:10 PM
The question is, how much farther will they go and will the American people stand up for it?

It's getting close to grabbing a gun and overthrowing this shit. The sad thing is, most people are happy with the status quo and wouldn't do a damn thing :(

I think most people have no idea or don't care.

gerryb
12-15-2011, 06:13 PM
They tabled the vote for the day -- then brought it up for vote later in the day

green73
12-15-2011, 06:16 PM

They don't even know what the hell is going on. It's not like the media is covering it.

Liberty74
12-15-2011, 06:25 PM

The first state to have the balls to secede will get my residency.

Wesker1982
12-15-2011, 06:29 PM
First they came for the communists,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a communist.

Then they came for the trade unionists,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a trade unionist.

Then they came for the Jews,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew.

Then they came for me,
and there was no one left to speak out for me. ~ Martin Niemöller

Maybe once they come for football, then people will be pissed? lol. Na, the State is too smart for that.

Marenco
12-15-2011, 06:39 PM
First they came for the communists,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a communist.

Then they came for the trade unionists,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a trade unionist.

Then they came for the Jews,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew.

Then they came for me,
and there was no one left to speak out for me. ~ Martin Niemöller

Maybe once they come for football, then people will be pissed? lol. Na, the State is too smart for that.

Maybe if they take dancing with the stars or jersey shore ;)

Kluge
12-15-2011, 06:42 PM
Fun while it lasted.

(Freedom, that is.)
Wow. You must be very old.

Revolution9
12-15-2011, 06:45 PM
This is the revelation of the method. It is a blatant attempt to put fear into us. Another incremental notch in the black sorcerers potion of fear effects released at 911. Remember you are children of The Great Creator and banish your fear, stand tall against this dishonorable hobgoblinnery and remember, it is spells and curses on a piece of paper at this point. The minions have been checking their asses twice as of late because they know the paymasters gambit is going down the tubes and they see the angry mob forming outside Frankensteins castle and ain't sure they want to play the part of lab assistant and graverobber Igor. Remind them hard that if the patriots in the military and law enforcement begin using this tool they have been provided then the minions in the Senate and Congress and even Eric Holder types can be locked up until they divulge all their funding, their drug connections, all the dirty deals they are aware of, how many children they have molested, the whereabouts and numbers and passcodes for every account they have stashed their loot in, who else was involved and every last stinking piece of dirt on every last one of them. Ron Paul has our backs. Do not be in fear.

Rev9

Luciconsort
12-15-2011, 06:49 PM
The first state to have the balls to secede will get my residency.

I'm with you dude.

moostraks
12-16-2011, 06:40 AM
This is the revelation of the method. It is a blatant attempt to put fear into us. Another incremental notch in the black sorcerers potion of fear effects released at 911. Remember you are children of The Great Creator and banish your fear, stand tall against this dishonorable hobgoblinnery and remember, it is spells and curses on a piece of paper at this point. The minions have been checking their asses twice as of late because they know the paymasters gambit is going down the tubes and they see the angry mob forming outside Frankensteins castle and ain't sure they want to play the part of lab assistant and graverobber Igor. Remind them hard that if the patriots in the military and law enforcement begin using this tool they have been provided then the minions in the Senate and Congress and even Eric Holder types can be locked up until they divulge all their funding, their drug connections, all the dirty deals they are aware of, how many children they have molested, the whereabouts and numbers and passcodes for every account they have stashed their loot in, who else was involved and every last stinking piece of dirt on every last one of them. Ron Paul has our backs. Do not be in fear.

Rev9

I like the way you think...