PDA

View Full Version : Phone From Home: Ron is on the Tipping Point in NH

Paulitics 2011
12-15-2011, 03:15 PM
In Phone-From-Home today, I'm getting tons of voters with weak support for Romney, and Ron Paul as their second choice, with taxes and the debt as their top issue.

Ron needs to kill these issues in the debate. I had at least five people who said they will probably decide who to vote for in this debate. Ron has ben doing a good job painting himself as a consistent conservative, but he has to knock this one out of the park. Let's all hope he does well. This could define the future of America.

Of course, these are just my personal experiences, no empirical data, but I'm sure the campaign can see the data.

AMAZING UPDATE: I just converted a voter! Of course, I stuck to script, but at the end, when I said, "this call was paid for by RP, etc.", she said "Oh yeah,I like him too, but he said something that scared me a while earlier about Iran." I told her about the fact that Congress must declare war, the history of Iran, the fact that we don't have 100% proof of Iran making nukes, the fact that we're bankrupt, the similarities to our mistake in Iraq, etc. and even some stuff about Ronald Reagan. She said she totally agreed. It was an awesome feeling.

vechorik
12-15-2011, 03:19 PM
I was calling NH last night and got two RP supporters within 1 hr. The voters are there. We need to get them involved with the campaign.
I think "phone from home" is how we win!
I'm going to hit 4,000 calls tonight! (Promised 5,000 before Iowa)

vechorik
12-15-2011, 03:20 PM
Dr. Paul needs to say the words "jobs and the economy" MANY times, as that's what most voters want to hear.

Somehow, they see Romney as doing that -- Dr. Paul needs to show HE can do that!

Anti Federalist
12-15-2011, 03:40 PM
http://i.imgur.com/R2tFG.jpg

Paulitics 2011
12-15-2011, 03:41 PM
AMAZING UPDATE: I just converted a voter! Of course, I stuck to script, but at the end, when I said, "this call was paid for by RP, etc.", she said "Oh yeah,I like him too, but he said something that scared me a while earlier about Iran." I told her about the fact that Congress must declare war, the history of Iran, the fact that we don't have 100% proof of Iran making nukes, the fact that we're bankrupt, the similarities to our mistake in Iraq, etc. and even some stuff about Ronald Reagan. She said she totally agreed. It was an awesome feeling.

vechorik
12-15-2011, 03:46 PM

+1 Glad you were comfortable handling that. Afraid I would have chickened out. There are some "chatty people" taking those surveys and I just tell them I have to remain neutral because I'm taking a poll and can't discuss politics (plus, they are slowing me down from making other calls -- but I don't say that last part LOL)

hellsingfan
12-15-2011, 04:31 PM
Push the NDAA issue if it comes up, I'm sure independents would come our way. Unless NH really is a shitless state.

Paulitics 2011
12-15-2011, 06:47 PM
+1 Glad you were comfortable handling that. Afraid I would have chickened out. There are some "chatty people" taking those surveys and I just tell them I have to remain neutral because I'm taking a poll and can't discuss politics (plus, they are slowing me down from making other calls -- but I don't say that last part LOL)

Well I was nervous the whole time while talking, but in the end it turned out for the better.

And I usually don't say anything until the end, to avoid influencing the answers, but sometimes when you say the last line about the call being paid for by the Ron Paul 2012 Campaign Committee, people start up a conversation. I haven't heard anyone say they flat out dislike him so far. I agree that the primary objective is voter ID, but I'm not going to be a robot either.

Paulitics 2011
12-15-2011, 06:48 PM
Double post.